Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm really struggling to get anything down. I havent been sick since being home but I fear I will if I put anything in. I'm trying so hard and getting nowhere! I've tried everything I'm allowed on stage 2 and 3, the Protein is an absolute no. Help!! Please? Thank you

What kind of things are you allowed on stage 2 and 3 (everyone's plan is different)

Oh and why is Protein and absolute no?

Stage 2 is unclear liquids, stage 3 is puree this is like egg salad, scrambled eggs etc. as for the Protein. You MUST drink protein right now. At this point the drink is the only was your body is getting protein. Please do not stop them, I don't want to see you get sick.

Make sure your at least getting some Water in, your only a few days out dont rush trying a variety of things..it will get better

Stage 2 is unclear liquids' date=' stage 3 is puree this is like egg salad, scrambled eggs etc. as for the Protein. You MUST drink Protein right now. At this point the drink is the only was your body is getting protein. Please do not stop them, I don't want to see you get sick.[/quote']

Thanks for clearing that up..

Your body needs Protein. If you don't get enough your muscles with atrophy. Your heart is ALSO a muscle you don't want that to loose muscle tissue do you? Try different Protein Shakes, eat soft cheeses, and most importantly talk to your Dr. ASAP

My surgeon says absolutely NO Protien (only clear liquids) for 2 weeks after surgery. Patients have developed late leaks because of drinking Protien, which can turn to a solid in your stomach. 2 weeks without Protien seems to have been fine for her 2500+ VSG patients, especially since the pre-op was really high Protien but everyone's plan is different. Staying hydrated is the most important thing.

My surgeon says absolutely NO Protien (only clear liquids) for 2 weeks after surgery. Patients have developed late leaks because of drinking Protien' date=' which can turn to a solid in your stomach. 2 weeks without Protien seems to have been fine for her 2500+ VSG patients, especially since the pre-op was really high Protien but everyone's plan is different. Staying hydrated is the most important thing.[/quote']

This post op diet will really result in hair loss down the road

My surgeon says absolutely NO Protien (only clear liquids) for 2 weeks after surgery. Patients have developed late leaks because of drinking Protien' date=' which can turn to a solid in your stomach. 2 weeks without Protien seems to have been fine for her 2500+ VSG patients, especially since the pre-op was really high Protien but everyone's plan is different. Staying hydrated is the most important thing.[/quote']

Lol..you hear something new everyday!

Some docs don't push the Protein in the first week or so... But I don't think a shake would or could turn into a solid in your stomach..

No Protein for 2 weeks as a post op sounds really tough! Sounds very draconian. Most are allowed to have Protein Shakes same day or next day after surgery, if they do not have any complications or difficulty swallowing.

The sound of anything makes my tummy upset. At the same time I feel like I'm starving. I'm frustrated.

It's going to be slow going getting anything in for awhile... You are going to have to take in small amounts at a time.. And go very slow. In the first month it's going to feel like a full time job getting just your liquids in because it is!

It will get better, but it takes time for your stomach to heal.. My bad digestion and weird pains did not go away until way after the month mark.

Things are going to hurt a bit that's normal.

I still don't know exactly what you are trying to eat? But sticking to a full liquid diet (including shakes) would probably be best even if you can eat soft food at this point.

In my 6 months of classes and binders of paperwork I have received, they stress on staying hydrated the first 2 weeks, our bodies have plenty of reserves to work off and if you can get some Protein in that is great...being dehydrated will hurt you a lot quicker than not getting all your protein in everyday.

But all programs, doctors and NUTs are different and any concerns should be directed to them, you dont want to get sick.

It´s a little anoying that doctors don´t give out the same advice? It is so important to follow doctor´s orders and that makes it even more important that what they say is true? I am 5 days post op and my NUT said Protein Drinks are ok as soon as you can.

But then again, if you think about it, most of us have bodies that are used to poor diets and junk food. I think it will work out either way with Protein or no protein the first two weeks. My body has gone much longer with no nutrians, just junk.