Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery in 24 hours, what do I pack?

I'm trying to do my bag for the hospital, I'm just not sure what to pack.

I have:

-my MacBook

-2 nightgowns

Buying today:

-underwear

Its a sort list but I know I'm missing stuff.

Sweats

I wore yoga pants and a tshirt to the hospital and the same things home.

I took my ipad, phone, chargers and an extension cord, all used.

I took a robe, but it was kind of hot so I used a second johnny instead to cover my arse when I walked. I took slippers but never wore them.

Chapstick, meds (they said they would have mine for me, but they had generic and the wrong dosage so I used my own), Listerine breath strips, toothpaste and brush, deodorant, and a great attitude.

I took a small hard pillow, too. The only thing I wished I'd had was a box of soft, lotioned tissues. I went in with quite a head cold and the tissues the hospital provides roughed my nose up fierce.

Thank you guys!

I brought lots of stuff that I didn't use.

I USED:

-hair ties

-chapstick

-breath strips

-wisps (waterless tooth brush things)

-ear phones (the sound for the TV was in my bed, so you plugged earphones into the bed

-borrowed kindle (for reading/games)

-nightgown

-loose undies

the surgery group provides everyone with a butterfly shaped abdominal support pillow. It REALLY helped for coughing, changing positions, etc.

That was nice of your program to provide pillows...

would you recommend a stiff pillow or a soft one?

I took my daughter's ugly doll pillow and a mini pillow pet. My practice didn't provide a pillow, but they did give me tons of rolled up blankets. They were great for supporting my back when I was trying to rest on my side a little.

Things i took and used:

Loose fitting pants

Socks

Small warm blanket ( the room I was in was really cold?)

Kindle: with charger

Tooth brush and tooth paste

Flip flops(I walked the halls a lot)

Light weight robe

hair brush

I did over pack ..... However, these things we the essentials I used... Best wishes

I packed like I was on vacay....Shampoo, Toothpaste... everything. I ended up using everything I brought too... except my bra.

I also packed my laptop and head phones and I was so glad that I did. The rooms were filled up so I had to share a room with another lady who was off yelling and crying all the time. I gave her the bathroom and the tv while I used the bathroom down the hall and watched movies on my laptop.

I closed the curtain around me and didn't speak or look at anyone except for dr's and nurses. My roommate had a meltdown because I didn't talk to her...

bottom line overpack because you never know what you are going to need.

Thank you everyone! I'm now two hours away from surgery!

I packed like I was on vacay....Shampoo' date=' Toothpaste... everything. I ended up using everything I brought too... except my bra.

I also packed my laptop and head phones and I was so glad that I did. The rooms were filled up so I had to share a room with another lady who was off yelling and crying all the time. I gave her the bathroom and the tv while I used the bathroom down the hall and watched movies on my laptop.

I closed the curtain around me and didn't speak or look at anyone except for dr's and nurses. My roommate had a meltdown because I didn't talk to her...

bottom line overpack because you never know what you are going to need.[/quote']

She had a meltdown?! Why is this funny to me. I didn't even ask if I was going to have a roommate. I need to know in advance.