Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Each His Own.....Actress Mo'Nique Loses 80 lbs

Actress Mo'nique loses 80 pounds through diet and exercise. She looks greats...but is seemingly critical of weight loss surgery. While I applaud her success...I wish she was more supportive for individual choices. After all, it's the final results that ultimately count. http://www.today.com/entertainment/monique-lost-80-pounds-after-tipping-300-1C9965346

She does look great but I too was a bit disappointed in her criticism. I believe that some people have to criticize others choices to feel good about their own decisions, even when they are doing well and have success. Clearly she has this issue as she used to talk down on skinny girls and now she has the issue with people just like her who desired to be healthy but have went about it differently. Oh well, being supportive and encouraging isn't in everyone I guess.

It may come out later that she actually got some sort of surgery. Remember Star Jones ended up confessing to gastric bypass after claiming for so long that she had done it the natural way?

Actress Mo'nique loses 80 pounds through diet and exercise. She looks greats...but is seemingly critical of weight loss surgery. While I applaud her success...I wish she was more supportive for individual choices. After all, it's the final results that ultimately count. http://www.today.com...g-300-1C9965346

We don't need her approval or validation.

Good for her and double good for her if she can do what I couldn't and most of you couldn't.....keep it off. The key word here is 'diet' - WE aren't on a diet, this is our new life. Forced Portion Control. I went on every 'fad' diet, took pills, including phen/fen, saw a nutritionist, went to WW, joined Curves, did the Medifast thing, and I lost weight. I can lose weight, I've lost 50 lbs three different times in my life. I've lost 15 - 30 lbs more times than I can count. The key word is DIET, once I went OFF the diet, that's when the weight started creeping back on. My PCP told me that to lose the 50 lbs I wanted to lose would be very hard, to keep it off, near impossible unless I started eating grass and weeds. I ended up losing 83 lbs.....it was NOT difficult, but surgery was not a magic bullet. It makes it much easier for me to make WISE decisions and I can not resist temptations when I need/want to. It's yet to be seen if Mo'Nique can do what most find impossible. I did that yo yo stuff for 30 years!

I've lost a 100 lbs with diet and working out ... I also gain it all back ... Then lost another 75 and gain it all back !!! So now I have to do something different !!! We are not taking the easy way out its just something to help us try to loose and keep the weight off !!! More power to her if she can keep it off !!! ;) in the long term that's what matters !!!

I'm curious to see what she says after she gains it all back.

Amen to that.....I have lost 70 at least twice. Monique ain't got nothing on me...I however wised up and decided to do something more sustainable for me. Perhaps she will maintain...only time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using VST. http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/tickers/45966-ajeeprider/bodyweight.png?ts=1368838450[/img]

Actress Mo'nique loses 80 pounds through diet and exercise. She looks greats...but is seemingly critical of weight loss surgery.

Who gives a rat's ass what she thinks. I didn't do this for her.

It may come out later that she actually got some sort of surgery. Remember Star Jones ended up confessing to gastric bypass after claiming for so long that she had done it the natural way?

I was thinking about that as I started reading this, time will tell....lol

Who gives a rat's ass what she thinks. I didn't do this for her.

Got it, Stef. But she may indeed be a role model for some people given her high visibility and I personally would like her to be supportive of all aspects of weight loss.

Just saying...

I've lost a 100 lbs with diet and working out ... I also gain it all back ... Then lost another 75 and gain it all back !!! So now I have to do something different !!! We are not taking the easy way out its just something to help us try to loose and keep the weight off !!! More power to her if she can keep it off !!! ;) in the long term that's what matters !!!

Sounds like my life. I have lost huge amounts of weight 50-100lbs several times in my life and gained it all back. Let's see where she is 1-2 years down the road.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Got it, Stef. But she may indeed be a role model for some people given her high visibility and I personally would like her to be supportive of all aspects of weight loss.

Just saying...

I agree. I am a skeptic that she can keep the weight off simply because I had 30 years of yo yo dieting behind me, but if she can do it, that is wonderful. Losing weight was not a problem for me......keeping it off once I was off the diet was impossible. I do NOT think first rattle out of the bag, someone should have any WLS......we should at least have "tried". That is just in my humble opinion.

She is supposedly writing a diet and exercise book. She wants people to know that she did it the old fashioned way. I think her book could potentially be successful if she went from 300-160 or less bur not so much at 190-200. I wonder how she is going to explain how she once called all skinny women who diet constantly b_ t_ hes.

Sent from my iPad using VST