Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 year post-op (with pics)

Wow! Incredible job! You are inspiring.

How is cycling with extra skin? It's easier for me than it was 6 months ago, but my skin is giving me problems. Do you wear compression shorts?

Cycling with the extra leg skin seems to be okay, if, as you say, I wear compression clothing.

My legs are still quite big and cycling shorts don't come down far enough on my thighs (they cut in about 3 inches above the knee and it looks like hell and hurts!). So I wear "knickers" that are kind of like cycling capri pants, or sometimes even cycling leggings (full length to the ankle). Of course that gets pretty hot now that the weather is warmer.

I find having the tight fit on my legs keeps things "in place" and prevents rubbing/chafing. Of course having a chamois in the seat is still super important and so if I had to wear just the shorts I would put up with the "looks" to prevent injury and pain.

Mostly I'm just out there flying by people and not worrying how I look. It's about keep up my speed, my cadence and making my cardio and legs "work 'til it hurts"!

Wow! Good for you -- you look awesome!

Thanks for the feedback on that!

My cycling so far as been around the 'block' (3 miles), but there are LOTS of hills, and although it takes me about 15 minutes, I'm SO BEAT after the last hill towards my house that I stop there. The last hill is 1/2 mi long and exhausting. Ugh. I wish I had a flatter place to bike!

I'll have to try out the capris. Right now I'm wearing my jogging pants, but with rubber bands around my ankles to stop them from getting caught in the chain. It's a little too warm and the baggyness doesn't keep my thighs as close to me as I'd like. Boy, is my butt bonier than it used to be, though! I'm more sore from my pelvis on the seat now than when I was 100 pounds heavier, but at least I don't have to stop to walk up a (moderate or long) hill!

The past year has FLOWN by very quickly' date=' and here I am, ready to post some surgiversary pics and stats. It seems amazing how quickly the time (and pounds) have flown by.

I won't say it hasn't had some moments of difficulty, frustration and struggle. They have been FAR outweighed (HA!) by fun, excitement, joy, a sense of accomplishment and the knowledge that THIS is my new, healthy life.

Getting the VSG was the best decision of my life. I would do it again 1000x.

I've attached some pictures of me pre-op (with my surgeon, Dr. Ramos Kelly!) and a few days post-op (in Mexico).

And some more pictures of me now (loving life, sports and still a work in progress).

And finally, a shot of my measurement changes to date (-86.25 inches!) in a year.

Just another 47 lbs to goal.........

And........I'm completely off my asthma meds (used to be 3 puffers and 2 oral meds), even when I'm exercising HARD. A miracle.....since I've been using asthma meds continuously since age 12 (now 43). I can't tell you what a difference it is to be able to breath, all the time![/quote']

Yay!! You look fantastic! Congrats :)

The past year has FLOWN by very quickly' date=' and here I am, ready to post some surgiversary pics and stats. It seems amazing how quickly the time (and pounds) have flown by.

I won't say it hasn't had some moments of difficulty, frustration and struggle. They have been FAR outweighed (HA!) by fun, excitement, joy, a sense of accomplishment and the knowledge that THIS is my new, healthy life.

Getting the VSG was the best decision of my life. I would do it again 1000x.

I've attached some pictures of me pre-op (with my surgeon, Dr. Ramos Kelly!) and a few days post-op (in Mexico).

And some more pictures of me now (loving life, sports and still a work in progress).

And finally, a shot of my measurement changes to date (-86.25 inches!) in a year.

Just another 47 lbs to goal.........

And........I'm completely off my asthma meds (used to be 3 puffers and 2 oral meds), even when I'm exercising HARD. A miracle.....since I've been using asthma meds continuously since age 12 (now 43). I can't tell you what a difference it is to be able to breath, all the time![/quote']

Thanks for the pictures! I get sleeved on June 6th and have been wanting to pick up the phone and cancel the surgery ever since I found out the date! But, NO I am going to go through with this and hopefully do as we'll as you!