Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have Dr. Kuri in TJ Mexico?

Hi all, I am scheduled to be banded on Jan.19th by

Dr Pedro Kuri. I have been reading reading reading and

haven't really seen if anyone is familiar with Dr. Kuri.

If anyone has experience with him, could you drop a line? It would ease my (and my hubby's) apprehension very much.

Thanks, Battleweary

I had surgery in Monterrey Mexico with Dr. Sanchez, unfortunately he was killed last week. I didn't have Dr. Kuri but I can assure you and hubby that mine was a quick 45 min. surgery, just one hour in recovery and up walking immediately, flew home next day, cleaning house and doing laundry 3rd day and day 7 rode 4 wheelers all day long. Don't worry it's a very simple surgery with very little complication rate. Good luck.

Welcome to LBT battleweary...what a name sounds like you've been through the hoops! I got banded in Australia so I cant tell you about your surgeon...but I just wanted to say congrats on your surgery date and I look forward to hearing of your progress.

:rolleyes: becky

I am scheduled with Dr. Kuri on Jan 9 - I did lots of research and was trying to decide between Dr. Kuri and Dr. Ortiz (both in TJ). If you want to know why I chose Dr. Kuri, email me directly and we can talk about it. (I don't want to bore others with info they don't care about.) Anyways, look forward to hearing from you!

Michelle

I have also been looking into Dr Kuri, you may want to search the Yahoo boards like Bandsters, many more Mexican Bandsters over there. Just an FYI. I have found many great things about Dr Kuri and am curently considering between him and Dr Rodriguez in Monterry (just because he is a closer and does free fills and) But I am still up in the air, and hoping that Santa will drop a big load of money on my lap to make the decision easier :grouphug:

Good luck, keep us posted on what you decide.

SAra

Happy Dr Kuri patient here! Surgery went great, did fine, had some pretty good post-op swelling which was a pain in the butt once I got home, but Imade it through and I'm doing well. I have a great band, thanks to Kuri. No problems! Thumbs up. :welldone2:

battleweary.......you may know this already but apparently lots of wls patients don't........be sure you have a fill doctor lined up for your aftercare BEFORE you have your surgery. Not all doctors will do fills for out-of-country lapbands, so be sure you can find one in your area that will work with you.

Best wishes!!

battleweary.......you may know this already but apparently lots of wls patients don't........be sure you have a fill doctor lined up for your aftercare BEFORE you have your surgery. Not all doctors will do fills for out-of-country lapbands, so be sure you can find one in your area that will work with you.

Best wishes!!

YES! Excellent advice, I forgot that little important tidbit...Gayle is RIGHT!

I LOVED Dr Kuri! I have never met someone who cared so much about my weight loss success. His hospital is nicer than anything I have ever seen and his staff is fabulous... he even had a Dr from California there that he was training.. Dr. Miller. If you have more questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks so much everyone, for your replys.

I will look into lining up a doctor for fills right away.

I'm kind of technologically handicapped, so I don't know how to respond

to any of these messages by email directly. Also, I had surgery on my

left index finger last week so typing is a bit tedious. Nothing serious,

just a cyst removed from the first joint, but I can't bend it and have to

keep it in a splint for a month.

My surgery is 1 month from today, I'm getting excited!!!

Thanks again!

Hello all, as I said I'm new here and I'm going to have my band with Dr. Kuri Jan. 31st 2007.There is no doubt about going to TJ and with Dr.Kuri's team. I have looked at the Dr.'s here and they have not done as meny bands here as he has there.. I have only been looking at doing this since the start of Dec. We just got our air tickets for the trip and I can't wait.We go on a seven day cruise to Mexico the 13th of Jan. and back home on the 20th.Thats when I'll start my diet..one last tada....Ted :)

I am very happy with going to TJ, aftercare with fills at fillcenterusa.com I wish some of the US doctors would get their heads out of their butts. The looking down upon Mexico or other countries doctors is cheap. It makes me compair them to ?