Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Texas Sleevers

Is anyone out there from Temple, texas being sleeved this month or recently? I need a sleeve buddy-my surgery is May 15th.

Thanks

Elissa

Hello,I'm from Round Rock, not to far. I was sleeved March 18th. Healing fine, have a few issues I would like to go away, just trying to be patient Good Luck to you Debbie

I am from G'town & sleeved April 1st by Southwest Bariatric . . Dr. Sherrod. This is my 6th wk post-op. Surgery was more involved than this site leads you to believe. Was No walk in the park for me. I'm doing well but it is a big adjustment. Still very weak.

Hello' date='I'm from Round Rock, not to far. I was sleeved March 18th. Healing fine, have a few issues I would like to go away, just trying to be patient Good Luck to you Debbie[/quote']

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the well wishes-glad your experience is going ok:)

I am from G'town & sleeved April 1st by Southwest Bariatric . . Dr. Sherrod. This is my 6th wk post-op. Surgery was more involved than this site leads you to believe. Was No walk in the park for me. I'm doing well but it is a big adjustment. Still very weak.

Hi,

I had my lapband done at southwest bariatrics by Dr. Oliver-she has since re-upped with the Air Force. I am revising from lapband to sleeve. I had an adrenal gland and gallbladder removed in feb 12, that was not a walk in the park either-the first night the pain was so bad they had to adjust the morphine drip and it still didn't touch me-I was up all night pushing the button...the nurse said you know it only dispenses every 15 min and I said I know but I didn't want to miss any of them-the pain was that bad but the next day the pain was more than tolerable but it took 2-3 days before I could sleep on my side and about 3 weeks before I felt like myself again. It was the worst of all my surgeries......3 c-sections (lost an ovary with the first and had tubal ligation with the last), appendectomy, lapband, broke my wrist and had to have surgery to repair.....

What do you mean when you say it is "more involved"???

Im up in Waco, getting sleeved in June in Waco!

Oops...getting sleeved in Dallas. Apparently I dont know where I am going. :/

How are the central Texas sleevers doing? I am 9 weeks post-op. I'm doing g8t . . Down 25 lbs & have finally braved most foods I wanted to try. I had my gallbladder removed at time of sleeve. Had to stay in hospital for 2 nights, 3 days. Major pain & nausea issues. Tube made my esophagus RAW so sipping Water felt like finger nails down spinal cord from inside. It was AWFUL & MD had to give me pep talk I was so regretful in hospital. Dr. Sherrod was SO good to me though. A life saver. I had terrible hematoma (bruise) at incision site of stomach & gallbladder removal. I could hardly walk it hurt so bad. That alone slowed my recovery by 2 weeks. I didn't feel "better" til week 5. It was a much longer road than I anticipated. Had to take 3 weeks off work, half-days 4th week. But I can finally say at 9 weeks that it was a good decision for me. But, boy, please set some time aside for yourself. It is an emotional & physical shock at first.

I'm from Leander getting sleeved on June 24th!!! so excited My Dr. is in Austin..

I have a question.... where do I get those neat little count down tickers... I have looked every where on this site... are they even from here?!?

I have a question.... where do I get those neat little count down tickers... I have looked every where on this site... are they even from here?!?

Hen logged in on a computer, hover over you profile pic at the top and click on the little down arrow. This opens the dashboard to edit you content. One go the options is to edit tickers. Click on that to create what ticker you want, and at the end you can select to add it to your signature.

I hope that helps!

How are the central Texas sleevers doing? I am 9 weeks post-op. I'm doing g8t . . Down 25 lbs & have finally braved most foods I wanted to try. I had my gallbladder removed at time of sleeve. Had to stay in hospital for 2 nights' date=' 3 days. Major pain & nausea issues. Tube made my esophagus RAW so sipping Water felt like finger nails down spinal cord from inside. It was AWFUL & MD had to give me pep talk I was so regretful in hospital. Dr. Sherrod was SO good to me though. A life saver. I had terrible hematoma (bruise) at incision site of stomach & gallbladder removal. I could hardly walk it hurt so bad. That alone slowed my recovery by 2 weeks. I didn't feel "better" til week 5. It was a much longer road than I anticipated. Had to take 3 weeks off work, half-days 4th week. But I can finally say at 9 weeks that it was a good decision for me. But, boy, please set some time aside for yourself. It is an emotional & physical shock at first.[/quote']

I'm just 4 days post op. had gall ladder and hiatal hernia fixed too. SORE SORE SORE!!!!

I did not have the esophageal pain you had or the nausea. My doc and the hospital staff were fabulous! I'm still a bit loopy on pain meds but getting a little better bit by bit. I will take you words of advice and give myself extra time to heal.

Hugs and thank you!

Is anyone out there from Temple' date=' texas being sleeved this month or recently? I need a sleeve buddy-my surgery is May 15th.

Thanks

Elissa[/quote']

Hello I live in the temple area and just had my sleeve done on June 5th !!

Hello I live in the temple area and just had my sleeve done on June 5th !!

Hoe are you doing? I was sleeved the 5th as well. I'm in Waco.