Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery on 12-18-06

hi this is my first post. i am having surgery on monday and i have to admit im getting nervous. i have only told my family, and they all live very far away so im feeling quite alone so i found this site and wanted someone who knows what im going through to talk to. my husband is very scared for me so its alittle hard to talk to him since i feed off his anxiety. so if anyone can help with what i feeling i would sure appreicate any comments.

hey taz,

my surgery is on the 19th and i am extremely excited and a little nervous too. all of my family lives in another state but my mom and aunt or going to drive in to help with the kids. my husband will be with me most of the time. He's pretty excited about it but scared i might change - i don't think i will. Don't feed off of anyone's anxiety - think about how wonderful this will be for us later! i have met so many people who have had it and they all look soooo good! take care,

i want to thank you for your kind words im glad your family is coming to be with you. i wish you good luck with your surgery, i hope all goes well. please let me know how you are doing.:)

Well welcome and congrats on your surgery,

You have all of us here if you need to talk or if you have questions about what to expect just pm me and I would be glad to help you. I've been banded for 5 months and I'm sort of in the same boat as you. We had to go to Mexico as my insurance wasn't going to pay and we didn't tell anyone. But don't even waste your time worrying as the surgery was very quick, simple and less painful than my root canal. Let me know if you have any questions.

My surgery is on the 18th as well. I am not worried about it at all. Just remember this is another routine day for them and no big dea. You will be in and out before you know it. I would prefer to go alone, but my husband is insiting that I have someone there, so my mother in law is coming. That is all I am going to say about that!

I'm having such deja vu...the weeks before my surgery I amped myself up to full blown fear...was it worth it NO! The night I got home I sent for a walk are the cul de sac...the following four days were worse but I've been sicker with the stomach flu. I get my first fill Thursday, down 28 pounds so far and am thrilled with the choice.

My husband too was reluctant until I made him a notebook of statistics, facts etc... then he got on board as well.

You'll all do fine and my best wishes are with each of you

I was very nervous before hand too. Surgery day came and bam its over in a flash. All the worrying was for nothing. Good luck and just know that I think all of us were nervous before the surgery!

Oh and all of you getting banded soon, you should look for your December 2006 bandsters thread. It is very helpful to have a close knit group of people who are at the exact same stage as you are. Take care!

I have so been where you are...I had never had an operation in my life and been under anesthetic so I was petrified. but I survived and I am so glad i went through it. wouldnt change it for the world

:) Becky