Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hi Guys, I have been working alot of hours the last couple days and am just catching up here. I wanted to let you all know that I had a coffee this morning, no Breakfast and was going to eat when I got hungrey at the office and before I knew it; it was 2pm and I was then finally hungrey. I feel the band IS AWESOME. I have to take time to eat now. I forget to eat. What a feeling. I am finally going to be able to use food as fuel. I have not done that for 14 years. Happy Friday.

Madden

Me too!!! I can't get anything more than a coffee with soymilk for Protein in the morning due to being EXTREMELY tight! If I am not home and busy, I don't even think about eating.

That has never happened to me. I used to always be thinking what I was going to eat. Like tonight, we went to a birthday party, I would have been thining where we were going to go out to eat, etc. But, I didn't. I only thought about getting home to my little yogurt I eat in the evening.

I went to Albertson's and found a Soup mix in a bad type of thing. It was all the seasoning, chicken broth powder, powdered veggies, etc. You are really supposed to add the chicken and tortilla strips, but I just added it to the Water and boiled. I added a little shredded cheese.

IT WAS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

It had little pieces of veggies, so I pureed it in my little food processor. I can't tell you how good it was.

I am going to be on the lookout for some others, but if all I had was that, I'd be in Heaven for the next 2 weeks, it was that good!!!!

Audree

My consult with the surgeon went well. He thought I would be a "good candidate." He mentioned that he's done only 60 lap-bands, but over 800 laproscopic bypass surgeries. Should I be concerned with his experience? He also mentioned that he will stitch a portion of the stomach over the band, which I didn't realize they did, and wonder how that will affect my stomach. Did everyone else have this done?

I wasn't very impressed with the dietician, and the psychologist didn't show, so I didn't even get to see him. That bothered me a bit. I have a tentative surgery date of March 5. They are working on getting insurance approval, and may bump my date up if there's a cancelation.

I'm going through some strange things right now in my mind. I'm concerned it won't work, affraid of loosing too much weight or not any weight, affraid of drawing attention to myself with the weight loss, affraid of the complications, wondering if I will fail at making the needed changes, wondering if I can truly take care of myself and my band with my extremely hectic schedule, questioning why, why, why haven't I just been able to maintain a healthy lifestyle for the past 17 yrs that I've been yo-yoing, why has it come to this, will my blood pressure actually go down, and will this surgery truly be the answer to my tendancies to diet and then binge/sabatoge and gain it all back. My best friend called me neurotic yesterday!! I don't know if that's the case, but I do tend to overthink things. One and 1/2 months is going to be way to long to put myself through this mental anguish.

The day after my consult I had the opportunity to be out people watching. I would observe the women of all ages who were of "normal" size - they seemed happy and confident. I want to be that, but seem to think that deep down I don't deserve that....think I need some therapy!!??

My consult with the surgeon went well. He thought I would be a "good candidate." He mentioned that he's done only 60 lap-bands, but over 800 laproscopic bypass surgeries. Should I be concerned with his experience? He also mentioned that he will stitch a portion of the stomach over the band, which I didn't realize they did, and wonder how that will affect my stomach. Did everyone else have this done?

I wasn't very impressed with the dietician, and the psychologist didn't show, so I didn't even get to see him. That bothered me a bit. I have a tentative surgery date of March 5. They are working on getting insurance approval, and may bump my date up if there's a cancelation.

I'm going through some strange things right now in my mind. I'm concerned it won't work, affraid of loosing too much weight or not any weight, affraid of drawing attention to myself with the weight loss, affraid of the complications, wondering if I will fail at making the needed changes, wondering if I can truly take care of myself and my band with my extremely hectic schedule, questioning why, why, why haven't I just been able to maintain a healthy lifestyle for the past 17 yrs that I've been yo-yoing, why has it come to this, will my blood pressure actually go down, and will this surgery truly be the answer to my tendancies to diet and then binge/sabatoge and gain it all back. My best friend called me neurotic yesterday!! I don't know if that's the case, but I do tend to overthink things. One and 1/2 months is going to be way to long to put myself through this mental anguish.

The day after my consult I had the opportunity to be out people watching. I would observe the women of all ages who were of "normal" size - they seemed happy and confident. I want to be that, but seem to think that deep down I don't deserve that....think I need some therapy!!??

I have never heard of them switching over the stomach to anything!!! The band is supposed to be a Bracelet type thing. No cutting or re-routing. My doctor has done over 4000 and he mentioned nothing like that. That sounds like something else combined with a lapband.

Don't worry all of us are "neurotic" :) at one time or another with our yo yo banding. I was obsessed with it, it was all I'd think about day and night. i am post op 8 days and feell so FREE. I have never ever felt like this. I feel like I was a slave and now I am free!!!

I am worried about you and if the doctor you are seeing is mixing lapband with DS which I have not heard of anyone doing. Please ask him more specifically what his procedure is and let us know!!

Thanks and welcome!!!! Audree:welcome:

He said he wraps part of the stomach over the band and stitches it in order to hold the band in place. Nothing is cut or rerouted. I'm wondering if this is not common. He's supposedly the best bariatric surgeon in my state anyway. He performs many bypasses.

I would love to feel the freedom you are describing. That is my biggest motivation for going forward with this.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Okay, yes that is normal. My doctor explained to me that earlier in lapband surgery, they used to stich all the way around but that led to more erosion. So, now they throw in a few stiches, grab a part of the bottome of the stomach and stich it to the top, to keep the band in place.

I am loving the "new" me. Even if physcally you can't really see much change, mentally my whole family is loving me, especially my husband. He says I am so much happier. I realize now how much of my thoughts were consumed with dieting/food and now I fill that with being on here now!!!!

My new healthy addiction!!! They say you normally substitute. I am hoping to substitute it with exercise, next week!!!

Audree

I am post op day 8 and feeling soooooooooooo good and happy!!!!!! I had my morning coffee (breakfast these days) and am looking forward to some warm soup!!!!!

How are you all doing???

How many of you journal?????

What have you been eating/drinking???

Exercise???

supplements?????

Weight Loss????

I still have not weighed myself. I just don't want to for the first time in my life. Can you imagine the great surprise I'll have when I do!!!!!!

I think I will when I see a significant change. I have heard of those who wait till the 6 week mark.

Hi all,

Just wanted to post to this thread and say hello. I am a lower BMI band patient. I've been banded since Sept. 1 and have lost 30 pounds so far. Everyone things that is great progress, but I feel it is a little slow. My next fill is Jan. 24, so I'm hoping that will speed things along again.

Hi all,

Just wanted to post to this thread and say hello. I am a lower BMI band patient. I've been banded since Sept. 1 and have lost 30 pounds so far. Everyone things that is great progress, but I feel it is a little slow. My next fill is Jan. 24, so I'm hoping that will speed things along again.

AWESOME!!! Congrats on your weight loss!!!! I figure if I lose 1 -2 pounds a week, it is more than I ever have for any period of time and I'd gain it back almost immediately.

What do you eat??? I have read some rules we are supposed to follow and was wondering if they really made a difference with us lower bmi's? The eating 3 times a day, protien first, veggie, fruit than carb last if we have room??

Thanks,:clap2:

Audree

Hi all,

30pounds is great. Just think of 30 packs of hot dogs all together. Wow, when I picture it you are doing great. I think once you get your fill perfect and are really restricked you will be right on target. Hopefully when spring come we will be new gals and enjoy the out doors more and get alot of exercise.

Madden

Hey Audree,

Your incisions do look great! It's funny how everyone's incisions can look different, and be placed differently. My best friends incisions are way lower than mine, and yours seem slightly to the right of mine..Its so interesting how are bodies are so different.

But you're looking great!

Rachael

Thanks Rachel!!!

I was surprised that they are so small,except the one for my port, but that one even is on the small side. What you see in the pics is the surgical glue.

How are you doing?? Audree

Hey Audree,

Im doing good. I actually went back to the clinic and got .5 cc taken out of my band, and i think im good. Im not choking on food anymore, but im still pretty restricted. Ill keep you updated.