Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Veteran sleevers who were slow losers in the beginning

Hello there friends :) So I'm 20 days out and have only lost 11 pounds since surgery. I'm very happy to even have lost that and I'm not at all complaining, just wondering when did the weight loss pick up for you? Did you start doing something different or did it just finally start to "happen"? By the 3rd day of surgery I was walking 1 mile a day. Now I'm walking 2 miles a day just about every day. I take in about 800 calories a day. I'm not willing to go down in calories. Besides walking I'm an active person and I get very weak with any less calories. So that's my question folks, let me know what you think!

It will just start to happen. You are doing a great job so far! With the major decrease in calories and the exercise your body probably thinks it is starving and refusing to let go. Soon enough it will have no choice. Hang in there and keep up the good work. Its still early in the game. In a short time you will begin to drop pounds at a faster rate:)

I am about to give you a horrible visual. No disrespect or offence intended toward anyone. I am sorry for this picture. It displays the consequences of blind hatred and the disgraceful underbelly of humanity.

post-20464-13813665404205_thumb.jpg

The heartless monsters of the Third Reich put multitudes in labor camps. They were fed low calorie diets and worked to death. Have you seen the pictures? See any fat ones? Skeletons with skin. The ones in the picture were liberated and returned to health. Many before them died. Never again.

Our bodies are all pretty much the same. It is impossible,... impossible, to eat like we do on the sleeve when we follow directions and not lose the fat. It is all a question of time. Slower is better, not worse. The ideal is losing the fat and keeping the muscle and health. Hence, Protein first, Water, and Vitamins.

The most frequent questions on this forum concern time. The problem is not with the sleeve or our bodies. The problem is lack of understanding of how the body works and plain old impatience.

I lost slowly at times and quickly at times. I added my losses up and divided by the number of days passed. I then had an average daily loss. It was over 1/2 a pound a day at first but went down as time went on. The important thing is....it was going down over time. I reached my goal and passed it.

You will too.

Again, sorry for the picture.

I've been a slow loser since 2 weeks out. Sometimes with a several week stall. I don't focus too much on the scale.. Just my eating and it has to be sensible or I get depressed. Then occasionally a pound here or there sneakers away and surprises me. I'm just slow and I'm good with that

I don't see myself dropping lots of poundage on a weekly basis like some do here.. Guess its not in the hand dealt to me.. But a healthy life was dealt to us all and I'm grabbin' and going with that

Gman I replied yesterday to your post just about this same thing. Said I should print your post and hang it next to my scale. Instead I just went in my bathroom and threw my scale out!!! Too dramatic? Don't care! I got this surgery so I would be able to stop obsessing about my weight everyday. I'm going to go weigh myself at CVS and go there once a week. And, no, not offended about the pic. You are right and I definitely need to be more patient. Thanks for the words of wisdom gman and sharon :)

I have been slow all along. I was a lower bmi but at 7 months out I've lost 60 lbs and 25 were in the first month. I am thankfulnfor the slow loss as I do not have any major issues with extra skin. Although my stomach is starting to get a little just from being stretched out fat for so long.

Ill admit it is frustrating and I see way more changes in my measurements and body than I do on the scale. I run three times a week and throw in weights and insanity in between. I still only eat 6-800 calories but I do mostly Proteins and about 80 oz of Water. And even tried the whole invrease my calories trick and nothing so I just stick with the everyday plan and slowly but surely its coming off and staying off.

Many people talk about slowing down at 6 months or after ur honeymoon period. Well I never had that awesome honeymoon compared to a lot but I am just as slow and steady as I was month 2 so ill take that anyday with no signs of stopping. My advice is only visit the scale every once on a while and do what u are supossed to and embrace the changes that your body is about to gp through even if it is slow. I know I will get there and you can too!

I'm a "slow loser" (normal loser/healthy rate of weight loss loser) and I haven't noticed an increase in weight loss. I feel like I've been losing at the same pace since I've had surgery. I've lost 53 pounds so far and weigh 207 pounds. I had a 3 pound woosh a couple of days ago and the scale hasn't budged at all since. I was hoping I would be at goal by now but nope. I feel like I have to fight for every pound lost and no matter how much I change things I still lose at the same pace. My weight loss also coincides with my monthly cycle. I had the woosh right when my period was ending and now that I'm about to start ovulating in a couple of days my weight loss always stalls around this time. Once ovulation is over I should lose slowly up until my period comes and then I will stall again. Once my period is over the pounds will start melting off again. Rinse and repeat. lol. Even knowing all this I still get frustrated but I just remind myself that this stall will always happen around ovulation and my period. I don't see my weight loss every speeding up but I'm happy that my weight loss is still in a downward trend. Like other slow losers I didn't have the honey moon period.

I'm the beginning of my weight loss I lost quickly but the 3rd month I slowed down. It was frustrating but I still lost more slowly. I got down close to my goal weight then went on vaca and gained some now I'm working on getting it off and it's really slow. I need to start exercising now. It will come off. :)