Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I have everything set I meet with surgeon on we'd may 8th! Bit people talking on here about pre op, is that meeting with the surgeon pre op?? All this is confusing to me :/

Pre op means before the operation you will have a meeting with your surgeon and dietician I did . I'm laying in hospital now had my operation yesterday

How did it go? So after meeting with my surgeon then it's pre op ? Then surgery?

I suppose every ones journey is little different I'm in Sydney australia I had meetings with surgeon and dietician then went on two week very low calorie diet ie shakes liquid the week of surgery I had to visit the pre admissions at the hospital where I had an ECG done on my heart . Day of surgery I checked into surgery sweet got naked and put on gown and climbed onto my bed and awaited to be called to surgery. They wheeled me into the surgery holding bay where my surgeon and Anaesthetist visited then I was wheeled into surgery and climbed onto operating table last thing I remember was breathing gas through mask

To be honest with you I'm worried about waking up during surgery :/ I had surgery on my foot before and woke up during the procedure I mean I didn't feel pain just the pressure

You shouldn't wake up if you use a good Anaesthetist I didn't wake up for two hours after surgery in the recovery room

Your a lot of help thanks! Are you in a lot of pain??

I was yesterday when I awoke but they gave me a button where I could self administer morphine but once I got up today I had a paracetamol table and I've been ok when I drink its little tender but bearable I have said no to last two offers of tablets I wanna learn to feel my new stomach so I don't over fill and get a leak. Here is a picture of my wounds 5 little cuts .

So I have everything set I meet with surgeon on we'd may 8th! Bit people talking on here about pre op, is that meeting with the surgeon pre op?? All this is confusing to me :/

Hello cheeze82 it is true its different with every surgeon. I had my pre-op appt. 1 month before my surgery. Basically, I was given a booklet with all the after surgery instructions, how to progress with my diet post op. I was given prescriptions to fill that I would take post op. everything including pain medicine was in liquid form.

I was given prescriptions for: nausea, pain, stomach acid & one for the gallbladder ( to prevent gallstones). Had some blood drawn.

Then I was told to lose as much weight as possible before surgery to help shrink my liver. He basically said what works best is Protein Shakes and one small low fat meal. For the next month I did the diet and waiting for the surgery date. The hospital called me a few days prior and I was given my instructions on the check in and what to expect while in the hospital.

I did not have much pain... Some nausea ... But the medicine I was given took care of that fast. I did have gas pressure in my chest. I was up walking the halls about 2 hours after arriving in my room. Walking is what helped the most. I walked the halls often. I was in the hospital 3 days and 2 nights. For me the biggest challenge was drinking enough fluids. I was still hooked to a I'V and was not hungry or thirsty. They want you to drink a 1 oz cup every fifteen minutes. That was hard of me. When I got home I literally set a kitchen timer every 15 min. To get in the habit of drinking. I was just not thirsty.

Now at 6 on this out I can drink about 80 oz or more a day. So those feelings go away.... I was a bit worried about that.... Don't be your body adjusts to this surgery and your small tummy. My life feels very normal. I just have a smaller tummy and eat a lot less. Sorry for rambling...hope this helps!

Thanks so very much! It helps a lot :)

How did it go? So after meeting with my surgeon then it's pre op ? Then surgery?

Pre-op means anything before surgery. Pre operative. Post-op is after surgery. Post operative.