Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slightly controversial drink (wine, spirit, beer) poll

I love moscato and any fruity or sweet cocktails. I like frozen cocktails too yum.

I have enjoyed all of these post op but I especially enjoy the wine

My daughter is turning 17 in a couple of weeks and has requested a dinner at a Thai restaurant.

Oh lord give me strength to make good choices

Thai restaurants have a lot of good healthy choices. You just need to avoid the dishes that are noodle based. I have been ordering swimming Rama (a chicken, spinach and peanut sauce entree). If all else fails, chicken satay is delish!.

Lettuce wraps are so good too. They are usually on tge appetizer menu.

My daughter is turning 17 in a couple of weeks and has requested a dinner at a Thai restaurant.

Oh lord give me strength to make good choices

I don't know what it's called, but what I get at our local Thai restaurant is a big pile of rice, which I barely nibble at.....and about six BIG shrimp. I get it pretty spicy, it's great!!! You'll do fine.

Most Thai we go to serve all the dishes to the centre, and we eat family style, sharing plates. So for me Thai has been great since the surgery because I don't order and just have some from my husband and/or whoever else we are dining with. They always bring me a plate, no extra charge, and even still offer rice (though I decline it and they look at me like I am weird lol).

I better start a restaurant thread now that we are talking about Thai.

Indian buffets work this way for me too. The owner of a very nice Indian restaraunt in Mill Creek (named the Clay Pit or something like that) lets me eat off my wife's buffet plate. Love going there because the owners are really nice and the food is top notch (wins best in western WA award every year). I told them about my surgery and they said no problem, free of charge. It may also be because we have been eating there fora long long time before surgery.

Maybe it is a self defense mechanism! The more we openly talk about food, the more objective we can be about it and the less it effects us individually. Complicated Freudian analysis, huh? Lol :)

Maybe it is a self defense mechanism! The more we openly talk about food' date=' the more objective we can be about it and the less it effects us individually. Complicated Freudian analysis, huh? Lol :)[/quote']

Yeah... I think I'm just dumb as a stick and like talking about food :o:P

A good mojito or 3 is nice. It depends on the occasion. After a good meal a cold dessert wine instead of a dessert is good. With the meal a complex rioja after a preprandial gin & slimline tonic. Down the pub a few pints of dry cider over the evening. I think us Brits are a boozy lot.

Jell-O shots off a buff young guy laying in the bar! .... Oh to much? Umm.... Ok a gin gimlet and some stimulating conversation.

Laura, I've had rum cocktail poured into my mouth by a near naked man on the bar counter in a gay bar in Panama. Well I think it was rum cocktail. What a great night that was :-)

Tequilla

Slice of Fresh Papaya

¼oz. Agave nectar

1¼oz. Avión Añejo

½oz. Aperol

½oz. Orange juice

¾oz. Fresh Lime juice

Crush the papaya then add other ingredients shake with ice cubes then strain.

Vodka

1½oz Tito's Handmade Vodka

1½-3oz cranberry juice

Served on the rocks

Whiskey

1½oz Crown Royal Maple

2oz tonic

Twist of lime

Served on the rocks

1½oz Pendleton

2oz ginger ale

Served on the rocks

Amaretto

3oz Disaronno

twist lime

squeeze lime

Served on the rocks

As a side note for all you vodka lovers. If you haven't tried Tito's, you are missing out. It is better than Goose, Absolut, Stolichnaya, and it's only 16 bucks for a fifth.

Same goes for Crown lovers. Pendleton is smoother, taste cleaner & is cheaper.

Tequilla

Slice of Fresh Papaya

¼oz. Agave nectar

1¼oz. Avión Añejo

½oz. Aperol

½oz. Orange juice

¾oz. Fresh Lime juice

Crush the papaya then add other ingredients shake with ice cubes then strain.

Vodka

1½oz Tito's Handmade Vodka

1½-3oz cranberry juice

Served on the rocks

Whiskey

1½oz Crown Royal Maple

2oz tonic

Twist of lime

Served on the rocks

1½oz Pendleton

2oz ginger ale

Served on the rocks

Amaretto

3oz Disaronno

twist lime

squeeze lime

Served on the rocks

As a side note for all you vodka lovers. If you haven't tried Tito's' date=' you are missing out. It is better than Goose, Absolut, Stolichnaya, and it's only 16 bucks for a fifth.

Same goes for Crown lovers. Pendleton is smoother, taste cleaner & is cheaper.[/quote']

Wow, that is quite a good list! And I thought I was stepping up my game by buying Stolichnaya instead of Absolut. The last bottle of Stolichnaya I bought was $30 (darn those WA state liqueur taxes). Will try Titos the next time there is a need to buy more Vodka ( fortunately for me, not for a long, long, long time).

I have 3 mixed drink choices that I usually enjoy....first a bloody mary made with clamato juice. Second, either a cosmo or a Washington Red Apple martini made with Crown Royale. I stay away from big fizzy sweet drinks. Generally I like a drink small and strong. I can drink 2 martini size drinks or 1 bloody mary and I'm feeling good. I usually drink on the weekend if I'm hanging out with girlfriends and if we are out to eat, I usually have an appetizer and I'm good.

I like Riesling and Moscato but I have had a hard one finding it without fizz ... I have had a couple sips of Lambic Beer. I have yet to try tequila post sleeve but I want to try a shot or two . I only really drink socially and even then it is 1x per month or less :)