Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slightly controversial drink (wine, spirit, beer) poll

Forget the margarita recipe I want the creamy verde chicken recipe. ;-)

Laurie

My wife will post the recipe to 'Creamy Verde Chicken' today ( just asked her a few minutes ago).

Louise-good point about needing to work off the calories on the drinks. I noticed today after my margaritas last night that the scale is up a few pounds. Must be Water retention from the dehydrating effects of alcohol. Go figure because I drank like 1.5 gallons yesterday. At least I did not get any hangover affects this morning (never do). Today is my run day so it be extra weight should drop by tomorrow. However, I would not recommend drinking the day of or before wanting to run because it makes the body more lethargic.

My wife will post the recipe to 'Creamy Verde Chicken' today ( just asked her a few minutes ago).

Okay, here is the creamy verde chicken recipe. Tastes sort of like pollo a la crema with a fraction of the calories and fat!

2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast ( store rotisserie is perfect for this)

3/4 to 1 cup nonfat sour cream

1 cup (about 1/2 a jar) salsa verde medium spice

1/2 cup sliced yellow onion

3 green scallions sliced

1 can sliced whole mushrooms (can use fresh- 1 cup sliced added when yellow onions are)

Kosher salt

Ground pepper

Sliced avocado (optional- not counted in nutrition count).

Cilantro to garnish

Nice thing about this recipe is just dump stuff in to your taste! Just remember to measure if you put in extra or start with less. My fitness pal is good at calculating calories.

Heat skillet over medium high heat and add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. Add yellow onion (& mushrooms if using fresh) and sauté until very lightly browned on some edges & soft. You can use 1/2 cup Water instead to soften and heat (no extra fat).

When onion softened through, add the green onion and stir until those are slightly wilted. Reduce heat to medium and added cubed chicken breast, sour cream and salsa verde. Stir to combine and heat through.

Add mushrooms if using canned, dump whole can including liquid and stir to combine. If sauce is too thick, add 1/4 cup of Water to thin. Season with salt and pepper to taste, spoon into bowls and top with sliced avocado and cilantro if desired.

Makes about 2 cups....serves 2 pre sleeve, probably about 4 servings for sleeved folks.

Per cup- 376 calories, 5 grams fat, 24.5 g carbs, 52.2 Grams protein!

Pink Lemonade (the sugar free) and Vodka...

totally. my weight goal was very modest.. 168 currently at 5'4''.... easy to maintain. I could not be a failure this time. I had gained and lost so much weight in my life I couldn't do it again.

I am sure you are under estimating what you can do with the sleeve!!! I know I did, I'd have been happy at a size 12 when I got down to 170, but it happened so fast and so easily, I knew I could go lower. It really is shocking to me, and I've been maintaining for over two years, not difficult at all. Just be open to the idea that you could probably end up in a size 6 if you want to!!! :)

Okay, here is the creamy verde chicken recipe. Tastes sort of like pollo a la crema with a fraction of the calories and fat!

2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast ( store rotisserie is perfect for this)

3/4 to 1 cup nonfat sour cream

1 cup (about 1/2 a jar) salsa verde medium spice

1/2 cup sliced yellow onion

3 green scallions sliced

1 can sliced whole mushrooms (can use fresh- 1 cup sliced added when yellow onions are)

Kosher salt

Ground pepper

Sliced avocado (optional- not counted in nutrition count).

Cilantro to garnish

Nice thing about this recipe is just dump stuff in to your taste! Just remember to measure if you put in extra or start with less. My fitness pal is good at calculating calories.

Heat skillet over medium high heat and add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. Add yellow onion (& mushrooms if using fresh) and sauté until very lightly browned on some edges & soft. You can use 1/2 cup Water instead to soften and heat (no extra fat).

When onion softened through, add the green onion and stir until those are slightly wilted. Reduce heat to medium and added cubed chicken breast, sour cream and salsa verde. Stir to combine and heat through.

Add mushrooms if using canned, dump whole can including liquid and stir to combine. If sauce is too thick, add 1/4 cup of Water to thin. Season with salt and pepper to taste, spoon into bowls and top with sliced avocado and cilantro if desired.

Makes about 2 cups....serves 2 pre sleeve, probably about 4 servings for sleeved folks.

Per cup- 376 calories, 5 grams fat, 24.5 g carbs, 52.2 Grams protein!

Just one question, do you think substituting Plain Greek Yogurt for the sour cream would be "ok"? I do NOT like it, no matter what I do to it, but I use it in place of Lite sour cream......some times I will do 50/50 - Greek yogurt and Lite Sour Cream.

Just one question' date=' do you think substituting Plain Greek Yogurt for the sour cream would be "ok"? I do NOT like it, no matter what I do to it, but I use it in place of Lite sour cream......some times I will do 50/50 - Greek yogurt and Lite Sour Cream.[/quote']

Sure, you can try it! 50/50 might be better. I'll have to try it too- let me know how it tastes!

Was it you that makes a curry casserole? I want that recipe!

Was it you that makes a curry casserole? I want that recipe!

Yes, that is my wife and she is the gourmet chef! The curry casserole is really tasty. She said she will post it tomorrow in the recipe forum.

Mojitos! Vodka and cranberry, jack and coke. Beer - I have a drink whenever the desire hits.

I don't notice any reduction in my tolerance.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Mojitos! Vodka and cranberry' date=' jack and coke. Beer - I have a drink whenever the desire hits.

I don't notice any reduction in my tolerance.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I think it really depends on the type of drink. For example, a really full wine will take 1 glass or less where a moscato takes 2-3 glasses to get tipsy. The same can be said about a Long Island versus an appletini. Martinis do not do that much to me at 10 months, but Long Island is strong Even now! Less intoxication may be true the further you get out from surgery. Closer to surgery, drinks may be more intoxicating in general. Or not. I think everyone has their own reaction to a drink just like all other aspects of being a post op.

My husband and I love curry! Thai and Indian. We used to go every Tuesday for curry now we make it at home. I'd love to try something new!

My daughter is turning 17 in a couple of weeks and has requested a dinner at a Thai restaurant.

Oh lord give me strength to make good choices

I live in the Napa Valley, so wine country... I work at a winery, my job is to know what I pour. That all being said I had my surgery late January, so not quite 4 months ago. Lately I have been enjoying one or two beverages per day. (Horrible I know, usually it's just a small glass .. less than 2 oz. of wine which by itself kicks me in the bum! )

However this past weekend I moved, and bought all our helpers beer, and have to say it tasted sooooo good!!!! I drank it very slow a. Because I couldn't physically go any faster, b. I was scared, and c. I was tipsy by the time I got 4 sips in. Hahah

So I'm also realizing that my scale isn't going down as fast as I want it to (no **** Sherlock I know I know) so I'm going to be buckling down again and just have Water, and maybe treat myself once a month or so =)

Not a crazy story I know, but it's mine =)