Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slightly controversial drink (wine, spirit, beer) poll

OMG, chocolate martini. That sounds so good! I have to try a desert drink sometime.

Even though we seldom drink one, I keep two martini glasses in the freezer at all times. :)

EvenEee Even

Look in the juice aisle. They know make Diet cranberry and blueberry juice. About 5 calories a serving and almost no carbs.

Hard liquor and wine to me is disgusting! I enjoy 2-3 regular beers a week. :-) no troubles with carbonation, and no it has not and will not strech my sleeve.

Hard liquor and wine to me is disgusting! I enjoy 2-3 regular beers a week. :-) no troubles with carbonation' date=' and no it has not and will not strech my sleeve.[/quote']

Good to know - thank you for sharing :) Do you mind if I ask how far along you are?

Vodka and crystal light pink lemonade. Yum.

Good to know - thank you for sharing :) Do you mind if I ask how far along you are?

sure I'm 22 months post op. I have been drinking beer since 5- 6 months out. I had no troubles making my weight goal and now I maintain without trouble.

sure I'm 22 months post op. I have been drinking beer since 5- 6 months out. I had no troubles making my weight goal and now I maintain without trouble.

Part of that is about your weight goal. Depending on where you set it. If your goal is higher or lower on the BMI chart, then calories consumed on average will impact the result.

I really like to drink Crown Royal Black label and Water now. Gets me drunk off my ass quick. I used to drink every weekend on Friday or Saturday night but I'm on strike until I lose my last 20lbs or until my cruise in June

Part of that is about your weight goal. Depending on where you set it. If your goal is higher or lower on the BMI chart, then calories consumed on average will impact the result.

totally. my weight goal was very modest.. 168 currently at 5'4''.... easy to maintain. I could not be a failure this time. I had gained and lost so much weight in my life I couldn't do it again.

totally. my weight goal was very modest.. 168 currently at 5'4''.... easy to maintain. I could not be a failure this time. I had gained and lost so much weight in my life I couldn't do it again.

It isn't failure at all if you reached your personal goal. At 5'3" my first goal was 115 lbs. Since then I have changed it to 125 lbs. Very different caloric tolerances between our respective goals. That doesn't mean one is right or wrong or better or worse. People also carry their weight differently. Alcohol has more calories per gram than any other food. Depending on your goal weight range, consumption of alcohol may seriously impact your progress, or not.

This isn't said as judgement, just as one of many perspectives.

I drink vodka and fruit punch crystal light once a week. My tolerance never changed. I have a beer at a concert with no problems. I used to drink rum or whiskey with coke but too scared to try a soda now.

It isn't failure at all if you reached your personal goal. At 5'3" my first goal was 115 lbs. Since then I have changed it to 125 lbs. Very different caloric tolerances between our respective goals. That doesn't mean one is right or wrong or better or worse. People also carry their weight differently. Alcohol has more calories per gram than any other food. Depending on your goal weight range, consumption of alcohol may seriously impact your progress, or not.

oh no I know I'm not a failure! 170 was my goal- to put things in perspective- I weighed 170 pounds at 10 years of age. I wear mediums and size 10. I have never been happier. At 262 pounds I was 2x and size 24!

I know you didn't say I was at all, just making sure I was clear about my happiness- and totally agree that if I wanted to be 140lbs I would need to sacrifice my daily lattes and Friday night beers! One other positive is no loose skin :-)

I am going to try making this Long Island ice tea at home:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mrs-baxtons-long-island-iced-tea/

It looks like a keeper according to the reviews.

I really like to drink Crown Royal Black label and Water now. Gets me drunk off my ass quick. I used to drink every weekend on Friday or Saturday night but I'm on strike until I lose my last 20lbs or until my cruise in June

Oh I can see it now. After you step on that cruise line, it is going to be drink heaven. Lol. I have only been on one cruise in the Caribbean formerly and utterly enjoyed it for the quality and quality of food and drinks. That was during my heavier days of course. A cruise is truly a place to live it up!! I am not sure exactly what I would do if I went on a cruise again. Those boat rides are almost designed for eating, drinking and for some, gambling. Perhaps this time I would go the healthy direction and attend fitness classes, drink tons of Water, practice yoga, swim, work out on the bow set of machines, etc. not sure though. It may beat the purpose of the cruise if you are not living it up! What would you do?