Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slightly controversial drink (wine, spirit, beer) poll

I like Riesling and Moscato but I have had a hard one finding it without fizz ... I have had a couple sips of Lambic Beer. I have yet to try tequila post sleeve but I want to try a shot or two . I only really drink socially and even then it is 1x per month or less :)

Barefoot and Yellowtail both make really nice, non-fizzy moscatos. Yummy!

I found out the Dangerous Dave from Dave's BBQ I like (once every couple months) has a little Pepsi in it. The carbonation from it does not bother me at all. Must be only a splash in the mix of rum, triple sec and other liqueurs. Not even sure how many calories or carbs are in it. Am not that concerned. It is a good drink for chewing the fat with my bro.

oh no I know I'm not a failure! 170 was my goal- to put things in perspective- I weighed 170 pounds at 10 years of age. I wear mediums and size 10. I have never been happier. At 262 pounds I was 2x and size 24!

I started out at 365 and now I'm 286.i think a glass of wine a few times a month that is ok

Yes, I usually always have my drink before dinner. Two problems with this. The drink usually always makes me eat in a less controlled manner and I usually don't give myself the obligatory 15 min wait time before eating. Second issue is caused by the first and because the food comes out right after or while still finishing drink. For this reason, I am tempted not even to drink and eat in the same session. Not sure. What do others do?

Hi Fiddleman,

I don't order food till I'm finished with my drinks. That way, it doesn't arrive too early.

Lynda

Hi Fiddleman' date='

I don't order food till I'm finished with my drinks. That way, it doesn't arrive too early.

Lynda[/quote']

Very good suggestion. Thanks.

Barefoot and Yellowtail both make really nice' date=' non-fizzy moscatos. Yummy![/quote']

I have used to drink Yellowtail when I lived in Australia and it was great! I can't seem to find it here in the US I am looking forward to having some when I move back to The Alice later this year :) I am have never tried barefoot but will now!

Lol I just realized nope it wasn't yellowtail I was drinking before it was yellowglen that I liked. I have seen yellowtail here but never tried it but I am going to grab a bottle next time I see it :)

Thank you for the verde chicken recipe. I made it last night and it was great! My wife wants me to make it again tonight.

As far as alcohol goes I used to really enjoy bourbon. My taste for it is just now coming back. I do like a good tequila with fresh juice when I do drink.

Fiddleman- you might want to try a jungle juice at Piccola's pizza in Snohomish. My wife ordered one and I had a drink of hers and then I had to order one for me. It was one of the best drinks I have had in a long time. It's made with all fresh squeezed juice with rum, vodka and tequila. Very good!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thank you for the verde chicken recipe. I made it last night and it was great! My wife wants me to make it again tonight.

As far as alcohol goes I used to really enjoy bourbon. My taste for it is just now coming back. I do like a good tequila with fresh juice when I do drink.

Fiddleman- you might want to try a jungle juice at Piccola's pizza in Snohomish. My wife ordered one and I had a drink of hers and then I had to order one for me. It was one of the best drinks I have had in a long time. It's made with all fresh squeezed juice with rum' date=' vodka and tequila. Very good!

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Awesome- have not been there yet. Now I have an excuse to go into a pizza joint as a post op! :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm so happy you liked it! I'll have to pass the kudos on to my mom- it's her recipe. :)

I had my first follow up appointment today (sleeved 4/23) my surgeon cleared me for wine in one month, I'm excited!

Oh, let me tell you...I had a glass of (yeah it's cheap) Sutter Hill (hope I spelled it right) Mascato!! Love it!!! It's so sweet, went down great, got a great buzz, & no headache in the am!!

The very BEST moscato is at costco. 8.99 a bottle. I have started many people drinking with a bottle of that one. It is a little fizzy. As a rule I don't drink, I've always been a lightweight, maybe a couple of times a year, but I love this stuff so much I could get into real trouble. In fact I don't open a bottle unless there is someone here to drink it with me.

I'm still mad at myself, I meant to open a bottle the week before surgery. ;-)