Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New bander on the block

For the most part, it depends on who you ask, and when you ask them!!! There are good, (easy) days, and bad (difficult) days. The biggest difference, for me, is even when I am having a "bad" day and eating too much or wanting to overeat...I cannot do too much damage, thanks to the band. It limits my "out of control" eating.

I find it magical in the way that I am still able to have chocolate, and sweets as I choose too, and am still dropping weight. I find it magical, that suddenly I find myslef willing to and wanting to exercise!!! That is a first in many, many years!!! I find it magical, to watch the inches melting away, and clothes being too big....it is a feeling that I cannot describe. The most magical feeling of all, is living life with no hunger. I never would have thought it possible!!! Not being hungry allows me to make wise food choices, rather than just grabbing at food to fill my starving self!!!

Now there are days it is a hard road without a doubt. Days I eat too much too fast, and make myself hurt. Days I fix something for dinner that I really want to pig out on, and cannot, I can only eat the same amount of it, as if it were something I didn't care about. It is not a diet where you can stockpile calories, and binge....you just simply do not overeat!!! There are "bad" days, even weeks, where you are eating right, but the scale refuses to budge. But don't despair, it will move....plateaus are not an IF they happen thing, they are a WHEN they happen thing. We all hit them. We will all be here for support when you go through the bad times, or have questions, or get worried over something. This is a great support site!!!

Welcome to bandland----and welcome to LBT!!!! Look forward to getting to know you!!!

Kat

hi geoff and welcome i agree with kat theres good days and bad theres no magic but it's a great to tool to help i personally have been a pretty slow loser,but i am emotional eater so it has been a long road also at my age and being female i would have got worse and worse so i am very happy with my band good luck with yours:clap2:

Gday Geoff, good on you for taking the step to get banded. I hate to quote Dr Phil but there aint no magic cure for this. He says that weight is managed but never cured. Your a legend for getting a grip of the reighns and taking control. Susannah

Welcome Geoff...now the fun begins...

keep us posted.

:xena_banana: becky

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches