Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh. Nachos For Supper. Need advice!

Long story short. Off work at 4. Pick up kids. Drop one off with Gma. Ball field by 5. Two games. No food since 11a.m. HUNGRY. SO, I hit up the concession stand. I only ate maybe 5, but still, neither proud nor happy about it. Since I just simply cannot eat very much food, the nutritional value of it has taken on much more meaning so not proud of the nachos.

My question for y'all, what do y'all do in these situations? Do you just not eat? Do you carry food with you that has been preprepared? What if you have no preprepared food? Surely I am not the only busy, working, coaching parent out there! This is the first time I have been caught unprepared but ball season just started and I am SURE this will not be the last! Would love some tips from the community.

I try to keep some kind of Protein Bar or nuts or pick up a greek yogurt. Since almost nothing has any nutritional value at the venues, having something available is your best bet or packing a lunch ahead of time. We don't have some of those luxuries any more but it is okay. We are eating better now so we have to think ahead. Next time you will do better. It will be fun to come up with smart new ideas for times like that. By the end of the season you will be a seasoned pro.

In a situation such as yours, I probably would have gotten a bottled Water and a bag of pretzel's. Drinking the water first, hoping that would have filled me up a bit, so not to eat the whole bag of pretzel's. I do try to keep a Protein bar on me at all times tho. But if really hungry, that probably would have not done it. At least with the pretzel's the carbs would have done the job of curbing my hunger.

I just had the same situation tonight. I had some Doritos, dip, salad, chicken enchiladas, and angel food cake with fresh strawberries. No other options in this situation. None of it went down well and I was miserable for about an hour, even though I ate little of it. I have recommitted to logging in myfitnesspal.com again, so I'll do that tonight. I'm finding that, even with these indulgences, I'm still under 1,200 calories for any day. I should be losing, but I'm maintaining.

I have tons of mini stashes. I keep nuts and Protein Bars and Jerky in the car. My cars glove compartment is like a mini dooms day prep storage! I have powdered Protein pre measured also that I carry. Those little containers for baby formula that hold a pre measured amount of formula powder are perfect for protein. I can get a bottle of Water from anywhere add my powder and keep going. Also, freeze dried fruits are good for keeping and stashing. The way I do it is once every two weeks, I stock up my little stock piles. I find that ziplock snack bags are the perfect size for me to fit portions of nut and dried fruit mixes. The key will be for you to pre-plan as much as possible, I find most convenient stores these days will also carry muscle milk and pre mixed Protein Shakes, so eeven if you are out and about if you can get to a gas station you should be able to at least find some kind of Protein Drink also. There will be days and times like this one that it won't work out, but such is life, don't worry about it, prepare better next time, and good luck!

I have tons of mini stashes. I keep nuts and Protein bars and Jerky in the car. My cars glove compartment is like a mini dooms day prep storage! I have powdered Protein pre measured also that I carry. Those little containers for baby formula that hold a pre measured amount of formula powder are perfect for protein. I can get a bottle of Water from anywhere add my powder and keep going. Also, freeze dried fruits are good for keeping and stashing. The way I do it is once every two weeks, I stock up my little stock piles. I find that ziplock snack bags are the perfect size for me to fit portions of nut and dried fruit mixes. The key will be for you to pre-plan as much as possible, I find most convenient stores these days will also carry muscle milk and pre mixed protein shakes, so eeven if you are out and about if you can get to a gas station you should be able to at least find some kind of protein drink also. There will be days and times like this one that it won't work out, but such is life, don't worry about it, prepare better next time, and good luck!

Great ideas! I never thought of my glove box as a mini storage for healthy Snacks like dried fruit and nuts. Thank you!!!

In my desk drawer I have Ostrim, 70 calorie chicken single serving chicken Soup, 0 calorie pickle Snacks, packets of tuna, canned chicken, and sometimes even crackers, though I try to limit those since they are a weakness.

I usually have a Protein bar stashed in that little zippered part of my purse that I keep my feminine products in. That way it's not floating about in my purse and its there in a pinch.

I also carry a Protein bar in my purse and bring along other items if I know I'm going to be out and unable to eat all day. However, if you do not have anything on hand and do not have a chance to stop anywhere, I would think there are better choices at a concession stand... maybe a hot dog or hamburger? Do it sans bun, it may be higher in calories but it's low carb and has protein. Maybe they have trail mix or sunflower seeds. I'm not one to talk because I do indulge at times but try to go with something that has protein, even if extra carbs and calories are unavoidable. I don't think nachos would be the best option but I know that if I don't plan and wait until I actually feel hungry then I make bad decisions.

Don't beat yourself up about the nachos. Just count them and own up, which you did. It is a good idea to keep a few Protein bars or nuts in your car. I hit the concession stand as well: popcorn. Ate slow and counted it on Myfittnesspal. And we move on.

I read somewhere to keep a hard sided glasses case in your purse, holding 2-3 Protein bars without squishing them.