Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whose getting sleeved on may 1st ..... I am!

Itsme!: Did I read your post right? Are you really gardening? I have my surgery 5/6 and it sounds like you're physically doing very well. It makes me feel a little better about my up coming surgery. Good luck to all of you!

Well I've purchased the plants, anyhow. I loaded them on to the cart at the store, a young helper guy lifted the potting soil I needed and put it in the car for me. Then I went back and got two lilac bushes and somehow managed to get them in the car myself. They were not heavy, just awkward. My doc didn't put any lifting restriction on me but i do not want to push it either. I got home and took a dose of pain medicine, and in an hour or so I'll go out and start on the pots.

Everyone is different in their recovery. The other gal that had her surgery the same day at my clinic cried and wretched all night. Luckily she was in a room with a door so they could close it and spare me that. I just keep telling myself it could always be worse!

I was released from the hospital today. I am still taking some pretty heavy pain meds. I feel better each day though. My biggest problem right now is the intense burning sensation I feel jut below my diaphragm when the food or drink reaches that point. I also had a hiatal hernia repaired during my sleeve surgery. I'm not sure what is causing the pain. I mentioned it to my doctor and he prescribed an acid reflux med. it only seems to hurt when the food passes into my stomach. Is anyone else having this problem???

Ya I can barley wipe when I pee!! I can't imagine having a bowel yet. I can barley bend need helping getting out of bed maybe its because I have seven incisions idk. That is weird we all have a diff amount.

I have that same discomfort when I drink (im not kn foods yet). My surgeon called to check up on me and we talked about it and he says its related to the swelling and it will subside once the swelling goes down. Just make sure to do small sips.

I have that too but I just keep drinking!!! I am feeling great today!!! I feel so positive and prepared for this journey now!!! Day 4!!!

I'm so happy all is going well.. My period started today and it has put me in another place.

Dang....mine started the day of surgery. Then it stopped and started full blown yesterday. I guess it was traumatized.........lol

I'm glad to hear you guys are doing okay, it makes me feel a bit better about my up coming surgery. Thanks for checking in.

Who's scale is moving down already? Mine is stuck. Hasn't moved except going up from surgery. And my gas has doubled. When should we start seeing a decrease?

Who's scale is moving down already? Mine is stuck. Hasn't moved except going up from surgery. And my gas has doubled. When should we start seeing a decrease?

I weighed 262 april 25th at my last pre surgical appointment. My surgery was May 1st. This morning, I weighed 251.6. I still have a ton of gas though. My stomach is louder than the TV, lol.

I was 257 at pre op! This morning I was 249. I am happy with that. Gas has subsided a lot! My doc told me gas x stripes and they has helped so much. I also walk 3xs a day for 15 mins each. It help with the gas so much. I do it right after my meals. Good luck everyone!

I'm so happy all is going well.. My period started today and it has put me in another place.

Are you feeling better today?