Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody Used Xenical?

You name it, I've tried it. Xenical was aweful! I was absolutly disgusted by the orange 'liquid' and never gave it a real chance, I stopped taking it after a month. Meridia worked really well for me but I was super bitchy and to save my relationship I had to get off of it after 4 months. I also took Wellbutrin XL at the same time and may have contributed to the success. I love Phentermine and still use it periodically for the days I could eat my arm if I let myself.

I must say, I had the best laugh I've had in a while reading this thread! But only because my daughter and I were on Xenical at the same time and we had some hilarious stories to share about that evil leaky orange stuff! Too funny. I stopped using it real quick! My advice...DON'T DO IT!

Yes i TOO was on Xenical and it worked great because I learned what foods were high in fat that i thought were not.

Somewhere along the line I convinced myslef that Chick fi lay chicken sandwhichs were not too bad.. well I learned quickly while on Xenical I was wrong !!!!

The leakage is gross with a very foul smell .. and looks like orange grease(like you see in the toco bell taco wrapping) it stains anything it comes in contact with too..lol

So be very very careful.. it could be very embarrassing , I had a few times I didnt even know it had happpened til I got home and the horrid orange was on the back of my pants..VERY NOTICEABLE

I was on it for an entire year. The NP that ran my program had me start slow and then weaned me off of it.

My doc said it loses its effectiveness after a few months, and you end up needing higher doses to maintain. I stopped after a few months and never went back on.

I was on it for a bit back in 2000. It was quite an unpleasant experience...All the warnings they give you about "stool" issues are true and then some.....Between the cost and the "(back)side affects" I stopped..... I wish you better luck than I had...

:)

and looks like orange grease(like you see in the toco bell taco wrapping)

:pound: YOu are SOO right! I couldnt eat taco bell for 4 yrs after taking xenical. Seeing that orange grease seemed to personal!

I have taken it 5 times now each time after something high in fat and NOTHING has happend. After hearing all the horror stories I should count my blessings! Ha! Whats the old saying... be careful what ya wish for?

Xenecal is horrible!!:cry You constantly have gas and you better watch out! I was driving home and passed gas and coated my seat w/oil:eek: YUCK! It doesn't matter how "low fat" you keep your diet, you will explode orange oil out your butt! My MD tried to tell me I wasn't eating a low fat diet w/the pills. I only ate salad for 3 days and it made no difference!! I wasn't eating italian dressing (but you would think so from the toilet!)

Stay away, far, far, away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Turner24

:)

Xenical is a cruel joke against overweight people, I can't even believe it's a real drug (I've tried it!)

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

www.TheBandDoctor.com 877.442.BAND

DISCLAIMER: I am not your surgeon, any comments made by me are not meant to be taken as medical advice, just general guidelines. Contact your surgeon about your specific problem!

I got a persciption from my PCP she thought I would do well on it, along with my band. I freaked out at the cost insurance does not cover it and a months supply was well over 200 bucks! So what do I do but decide I am going to order it from a Canadian mail order company. Much better price only $97.00 so I'm a happy camper until I find out it will take 60 to 90 days to get it! Why you ask? Why? Because they get it from.....are you ready for this one???? TURKEY!:omg: I am like what the heck!!! But my credit card has long since gone thru and I figure just be patient...Turkey is not THAT far away...HA! It took 90 days I got the Xenical all the literature is in some language I cannot even begin to decode. I have purposly eaten a couple of high fat meals to test the pills.......NOTHING! I think I got Gelatin tablets and some turkish guy laughing his islamic booty off going " Stupied Fat White Devils!"{Just Kidding} Anyway I wondered if anyone out there has used it, and how did you fare?

I have taken it 5 times now each time after something high in fat and NOTHING has happend. After hearing all the horror stories I should count my blessings! Ha! Whats the old saying... be careful what ya wish for?

Terrilen..becareful... i took it for over a week before anything bad happened. First it was more gas, then soft stool, then one day out of the blue my butt exploded. :omg: :speechles :speechles :omg:

It was aweful. Listen to Dr.C. it is a cruel cruel joke.

From what my PCP tells me it will be available over the counter next year. What a friggin mess thats going to be! Holy Moly can you imagine a Wal Mart full of that stuff!~ It will give a whole new meaning to the phrase "CLEAN UP ON ASILE 12" Ha! Sorry I could not help myself...rather like when the drug hits ya!

Ok everyone,

I know this is a stupid question, but why do you need diet pills if you are banded? I'm not banded yet, so I was just wondering. I thought the whole purpose of the band was to make you not feel so hungry all the time, so I was just wondering.

Joan

wootsie73, you will still feel hunger after being banded, just not as much. The band is only a tool. It is only as good as the choices you make for it. The diet pills are just another tool some people choose to use to enhance performance. Good luck on you banding!

Ok everyone,

I know this is a stupid question, but why do you need diet pills if you are banded? I'm not banded yet, so I was just wondering. I thought the whole purpose of the band was to make you not feel so hungry all the time, so I was just wondering.

Joan

I'm not on Xenical, and never have been, but it has nothing to do with hunger. It limits the amount of fat absorbed by the body. You excrete something like 30% of the fat eated, thus the oily stools and "leakage".

Tami