Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a medication for MAJOR MIGRAINES.

I stopped my pills' date=' just to test what he said. I remained TOTALLY pain free for 12 days. He apologized for it not lasting 2 weeks. Are you kidding me? I was PAIN FREE for 12 days! That was a miracle to me!

Try it. It changed my life. I never took prescription drugs again. And in my 50's, I don't get Migraines at all anymore.

[/quote']

Medication, even supposed painkilling types are a common cause of headaches.

I was on topomax, relpax, and fioricet for Migraines before surgery and still getting debilitating migraines 3 of 4 weeks. I am 5 weeks out and happy to say that I haven't had any migraines since surgery!

I have a 20 year old aide that works for me who had a neuro stimulator implant installed about a year ago. The battery pack sits under her skin high on one butt cheek and the leads go up her back to the base of her brain. Very Sci-Fi! And it works! If you cannot function at all, maybe talk to your neuro about it.

That sounds VERY cool!

That sounds VERY cool!

she is part of an FDA study.

I suffered with Migraines for years until my doc tried an experiment with me and tried Effexor for headache prevention and over the last 10 years I've only had a few migraines. I swear by it and have actually tried going off it, but quickly returned to a daily dose and yep... I swear by it. It's a prevention and not a med that you have to suffer a Migraine before trying to conquer it. Prevention is the key for me

Glad to hear Effexor works for you. I took Effexor for almost a year and regret it. It is extremely addictive. It was very, very hard to wean off of it. I ended up seeking advice online and following it, buying empty gel caps and dividing the granules up myself taking out about five granules per capsule and reducing it again each week. It took me 4 months to completely get off it. And, while on it, it changed my personality (according tofriends and coworkers). Attention to detail is important to me, but it made me not care if my work didn't get done... And not care if I jeopardized my job, etc. My brother took it for several years and had a tough time weaning off, too. We both think its dangerous. Effexor really scares me.

It sounds like it is serving the purpose you need and I'm happy for you. Just be very careful with it.

I am also on topamax for a preventative and relpax when I get one but I'm also happy to say I haven't had one since surgery either! I have suffered with Migraines since childhood so I am very happy about that!

My dose is the lowest available so maybe it makes a difference. No one has ever complained about me .. So maybe it makes me a better person? LOL.. I think the dose is the key and my tablets are shaped like an hour glass and can be split if I want to go lower. Only side effect I had from going off is a Migraine within a week.

I have been on topamax for years to prevent Migraines. Since the surgery, my migraines have increased :( but I can't take the topamax due to it lowering the effects of birth control (don't want to get pregnant on this weight loss journey!)

My dr put me on another preventive med but it's not helping so far. Good luck to y'all, only people who have had migraines know how wicked painful they really are.

I used to take Imitrex, pills then shots, and the meltaway meds too. I eentually started the Topamax which was awesome. As i gained weight, the Migraines lessened in frequency and intensity, so I stopped taking the meds and would use Excedrin for Migraines.

Well, since surgery, the migraines have started to resurface. I have had about five in the last six months. Horrible feeling since I can't take the Excedrin. If it doesn't get any better, I am going to have to go back to square one with the doctor and find something to take.

In the shower this morning I started thinking about my Migraines and I realized that I started getting migraines when I started gaining weight at the age of 24 years old. I thought that I was getting the migraines because I had gotten married and was having more stress. Or maybe it could have been both combined together. Anyways this is just more of an incentive to work to keep my excess weight off.....I also believe it's the change in eating habits also. I eat mostly Proteins and avoid sugars as much as possible......Even though I still sneak a piece of candy from my son's girl friend. LOL But still, avoid sugars due to the toxicity. Now more incentive to not eat sugars..... :)

I hope you get rid of the migraines as you lose weight and hopefully start eating non processed foods as much as possible. :)

I was never told not to take Excedrin. Can someone tell me why your Dr said not to take it? I have taken it several times since surgery (2 months post) with no problem.

Pammycakes- reading up on everything it says it causes bleeding in the stomach....and most all the paperwork I've seen says avoid taking NSAIDS which include exedrine products. I suffer from a headache everyday and I want to start decreasing my NSAIDS intake and get prepared - for post op headaches ( hoping they never come- but just in case) But I'd rather have something I can take handy, rather then suffer to the point I'm throwing up after surgery. Thanks everyone I see the doctor this Thursday or my pre-op....and will talking to him about it!!