Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Life as a Bandster

Great new Lynn, hope you're feeling better! Have a great day!

Lynn, I am glad everything went well. I was worried about you. So much can happen when we fall. I am glad you are OK.

I am doing well, a little stressed or irritable, but doing OK. I think it might be because I haven't been exercising and I am getting more calories now and feeling restless.

My hubby and son are home. I am happy for that but my house smells like pizza right now. It was easier to be good when they were not here.

I am off to bed before I eat something...take care everyone. I don't post often, but I 'lurk' through your sites almost everyday so I can stay in the loop of what is what with whom. Thank you for being so supportive

Huge hugs,

Victoria.

Don't know if it will make you feel any better Bandiva, but it is COMPLETELY normal to be "irritable" for a few weeks post-op!!!

Hi, I am in agreement with Yoda, I was and still stressed and irritable, for me I am giving up a big big friend. "FOOD" Which has been a comfort for me for years. My biggest thing were sugary items, I have not picked up anything with sugar since 2 weeks before surgery. I can go shopping in a Mall, and smell items and practically end up in tears because I know for today, I don't want to touch specific foods in the food court area.

I can go shopping in a Mall, and smell items and practically end up in tears because I know for today, I don't want to touch specific foods in the food court area.

Whoah... me too!

I can relate to the sugar thing. I am totally addicted to sugar, which means no sugar for me. I had a little chocolate around christmas, just let it melt in my mouth, but I had to be really strict with myself to not have it again the next morning.

I had my first 'real' food tonight. I went out with the girls from work. I had some chicken wings which I have been craving for 5 weeks...they weren't nearly as good as I remembered them being. For that I am thankful. Tried having a little piece of rosemary flat bread...that didn't work. I had one bite of my friends steak and that seemed to be ok. I was feeling like something sweet so I asked for the desert menu and then just looked at the pics and gave it back to the waitress. Small victory. I went to starbucks and got a tea with sugar free vanilla and that satisfied my sweet tooth.

I have been in a very good mood today! I know I could flip that switch at any moment, but for now I will enjoy the good mood. I am so glad that food wasn't so special tonight. I really need to retrain my brain when it comes to food and use it as a tool for health and survival; not as a friend for good times, bad times, boring times, stressful times etc. Maybe I can change my food obsession into a health obsession. I will be as annoying as a reformed smoker!

Right now, just for today, I just want to lose my weight; one pound at a time, and to maintain a good attitude.

On another subject...has anyone ever been to China? I have a chance to go with a friend for next to nothing, but we would leave on a monday, and return on friday...what do you think, is this too short of a time, or should I just jump at the chance anyways just to experience the culture. I am a little concerned about missing a week of work (with no pay), and my hubby is not impressed, so I am not sure what to do. We would go the first week of Feb. Thoughts anyone?

Bye for now!

hey, for next to nothing--why NOT go to china--altho--would you just be there for 3 days? it's a long long flight--for 3 days, if you're leaving on monday and returning on fri--won't 2 of those days be on the airplane? what is your friend doing there?

as for missing a week of work's pay--if you can afford to--why not?! i am just about PLANNING on a week with no pay this year--because i'm using up vacation for surgery (monday, monday!) and then i have a vacation scheduled and paid for -- exactly one month after the surgery---so--that's 2/3 of my vacation allowance--and it's the first 2 months of the year! i feel almost sure that i'll need unpaid leave SOMETIME the rest of the year--when my other 5 days run out...

but back to china--it sounds tempting--but find out how long the flights are. you might not even have time to acclimate to being AWAKE there, before you have to start flying back!

best wishes,

girlin

nyc

China, eh? I would be inclined to go for it. Sounds like you will have a most interesting 3 days.

I am really well travelled but for some reason, I've never been to any of the Asian countries and I have no inclination to go there. That being said, hey, an adventure is an adventure. My only concern would be the length of time.....man, if that does not include the time when you will be on the plane, that is waaaayyyyyyyyyyy to short to make the most of it. But if you are prepared to be adventurous and on a whirlwind...why not. (keep in mind that you may find it difficult to enjoy after a horrendously long flight...it may take you 3 days to adjust to the jetlag).

I have a very good friend who has lived in China now for the last 3 years (the remote areas) and he absolutely loves it. He retired young several years ago and just basically left Canada and travelled all over and after being everywhere found he preferred China......interesting enough...(after speaking about TO being the "Big Smoke") he says that the air quality in China is so bad he has no words to describe it....(even in the far remote conditions where he is....which is why he is there and not in the bigger towns/cities...due to the poor air quality).

If you go...due to the long flight be SURE to get up and walk arond at LEAST every hour on the plane and also do leg exercises while sitting...AND even consider wearing compression stockings. I know too many people who developed embolisms from such long flights. It is a real risk that ppl don't think about....and so easily avoidable!

bite of my friends steak and that seemed to be ok. I was feeling like something sweet so I asked for the desert menu and then just looked at the pics and gave it back to the waitress. Small victory. I went to starbucks and got a tea with sugar free vanilla and that satisfied my sweet tooth.

What??? Small Victory....no, no, no...HUGE victory.:clap2: :clap2:

WTG Bandiva!! The more weight you loose, the more you feel in control, the easier it gets. And don't forget, you havent even gotten a fill yet!!

Cloe, thanks for pointing out that it was a huge victory. I missed that somehow. I have a tendency to not give myself enough credit.

My hubby is sabatoging again this morning and he promised me he wouldn't do that this time. When I pointed it out to him (his crime is that he said I eat out all the time...when I have done it once...) he just got put off and said 'oh, here we go...' which is exactly what I pictured him saying. I didn't let it go though, and I told him he can't be that way with me. We will see if he gets it or not. (Maybe I should re-phrase that!)

China...my friend works for the airline. The flights are 12 hours there and 10 hours back. My objective is to shop till I drop for my spa. We are having an customer appreciation sale/open house to Celebrate the second anniversary. I was going to go and buy a bunch of 'replica' designer bags, jewelery, some semi-presious stones etc... as that stuff if really hard to get here. I will recover my expenses from the sale of these items...it just makes me tired to think about it. I don't want to stress myself out causing me to eat, and I don't want to do anything financially that may take away from my ability to get fills etc whenever I want to. (Was that just fear I heard talking...I think so. Hmmm. I hate fear but I am also prone to self sabatoge...I think I need a personal shrink. Some people need a personal trainer, not me, a personal head dr!)

You all are the best. I can't believe how awesome it is to have you to talk to....THANK YOU!

If you are planning to do a mini import from China to re sell here you can be sure you will make it financially worth it if not more. That is the way to go these days, especially with the stuff you're talking about (semi precious stones and bags). I think it would be great for the line of work your in. Think of it more as a business trip and bring back as much stuff as you can!!! I say go for it and tell you're hubby that you can actually make money off this trip.

Bandiva,

Business trip to obtain great stuff - no time to eat or think about eating???? I'd go for it girl and have a blast!

Hi everyone, I am still undecided about the China thing. I don't have to give him my final answer for another week or so. I am concerned about the short time, although it would be an fun expreience I am sure!

I have had an 'aha' moment this morning. I have a huge addiction to carbs, and I think I had myself convinced that when I got the band I could eat like a 'normal' person, and eat high carb foods. Soooo, last night I made fish and rice for supper. Then I had another bowl of rice about an hour later...repeat...repeat. I have realized that I am still addicted to carbs and no 'implant' is going to change that. My body is very insulin resistant and that is just the way it is. So, I need to change my thinking, and remember that I have an addiction that is just as valid and real as a nicotine, alcohol etc...addiction.

My husband is back in my good books, he apologized for his remarks and said that he doesn't want to sabatoge me. Then he was really really nice to me if you know what I mean!:kiss2: We haven't been 'really nice' to each other since before my surgery cause my doc said to wait for one month...no wonder I was getting so irritable...(was that too much information...I think not, I have read some things that you all have posted and jeez...turns out you guys are just saying what I am thinking! ) I have invited DH to come to China too, (my friend offered me two tickets) but he won't go for such a short time. He said that he gets PO'd when he thinks about me going alone, but I just think he needs time to process it, so I am going to let it drop for a few days.

Thanks for your help everyone, I really appreciate your help. I am not well travelled, and to be honest, I am a farm kid from northern alberta who didn't get out much. Add to that, my mother a 'small town' minister, and you can see how I may have led a sheltered life....that is if you don't count my teenage years...but that is another story for another day!