Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Life as a Bandster

Funny (not really) story- The in laws bought me a really fantastic food scale. It measures calories, fat, carbs, sodium etc... I loved it! Then my mother in law says "Ya, and we bought it before we knew about your surgery, isn't that great?" Hmmm, let me think...I am pretty sure that was an insult, seeing how I wasn't on a diet. Oh well, I just take a deep breath and carry on as usual...is there a smiley for banging my head against the wall?

Bandiva: For use next time the in laws come over:

:frusty:

Marjon9-Thank you very much for the smiley. I am sure I can put it to good use. Happy New Year.

Gift Certificates are such a great idea. Too bad there isn't a Christmas registry like there is for weddings. It would save on a lot of returns!

I am going to think about my goals for 2007. It has been my New Years resolution to loose weight since about 1977! I really would like to get this weight off this year. I am 108 from goal and they say 2 pounds a week average. 52 X 2 is 104. Hmmm. I think I want to commit to that long term goal but break it down into managable pieces. Right now I just want to lose 9 pounds so that I have less than 100 to loose.

I think that you will be amazed at how well the band works. You will find yourself losing a lot of weight over the next year. I know that you are going to enjoy 2007.

Bandiva...yup....lil' goals work best....that way you can see the end ....if I think of the whole entire amount I need to lose, it freaks me out too much! (still!). I've been going in 10 lb increments.....you know....couldn't wait to be in the 260s then 250s, 240s etc......that seems to work well for me.

Good luck!

I just typed in a long message and then pushed the wrong button and lost it. grrr. Anyways, what I was talking about is that tonight I am feeling a little loney for hubby and the kids. The first thought I had on how to remedy that was to order in food. Kinda like inviting a friend over. Of course I am not going to do it, but it scares me how much I am going to have to change my thinking. I know it will take time. It is probably the same with alcoholics, ex-smokers etc...if they can quit, so can I!

I will just have to think of ways to fill that hole...shopping, exercise, meeting new friends etc...It will be OK, I am just feeling a little overwhelmed by how much needs to change. It is not just the eating but my whole thinking process as well.

I may be feeling a little stress becuase I had such a lazy day. I am going to go for a slow stroll on my treadmill. To Celebrate the new year I made myself some sugar free Jello...atleast I think I did...it hasn't hardened yet. I haven't made Jello in about 15 years or more so it is a whole new skill set for me! It will be yummy and only 10 calories per 1/2 cup!

I just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year Bandiva!

I am glad you are doing so well. I am on day three of pre op and it is going good. I went out today and had a chicken salad for dinner. I have lost 4.5 pounds so far. Keep in touch!! Audree

I decided it was time for me to start a little 'home' for my journey. I am being banded Dec 18/06 with Dr. Ortiz in TJ. I live in Victoria, BC.

I have struggled with weight my whole life - no kidding. I am tired of it. I want to be in control of food, instead of the other way around. I am very confident in this procedure, and in the results I will have after it. I am a hungry person, and not a happy person when I am hungry. So then I eat to control my inner grouch, and get fatter and more depressed. I am sure you can all see where this is going.

I am married to a great supportive husband, and have 2 boys who are 21 and 18. My youngest is supportive of this procedure, but my oldest wants mommy just the way she is. He is worried about safety. My youngest is only worried about money....hmmm.... I might have to chat with him about that.:guess

I am off to work now, I hope anyone who pops by this thread, finds something of interest. Best wishes to you all.

Hi Victoria,

It was nice chatting with you on New Year's Eve in the chat room.

I can relate to getting & being depressed and fat. food has been a constant battle for me ever since I can remember. Getting heavier as I get older. I have a supportive husband and 23 year daughter as well. I wish I thought of having the band put on earlier in life. I am having some minor complications and I will find out more on January 2 when I see the surgeon.

I wish you all the best, and a great recovery.

Lynn Banded 9/06

Your doing great Bandiva!!! It's okay to feel what your feeling. That has been the hardest lesson for me. I didnt allow myself to feel, therefore ate, and ate, and ate. Feeling what your feeling, no-matter what it is, is just fine. Feel it and next thing, your mov'n on.

Hi All! I am feeling better today...thought I might be 'overdrinking' but added it all up and I am sitll under 1000 calories. Back to work and a new year tomorrow. Hope it is as good as the last year...or even better! Just wanted to say hi...and that I am through another day and all is well!

Lynn, I enjoyed talking to you as well, I am glad you found me! Let me know how your dr's appointment went. I will be here rooting for you!

Victoria.

Hi, I have a doctors appointment this morning wth the surgeon, I believe I mentioned I had an accident on Christmas day, I fell and I hit my back really bad. Ever since the accident, I have not been able to hold food down at all. I have been able to hold down Protein drinks and other beverages as well.

My last fill was in November and I was able to get some foods down without any problem, so I am nervous that I might have a slippage. I will let you all know what happened later.

I figured out my New Year's resolution...To take of myself first! I can't do for anyone else, until I care for myself first...

Lynn :funscale:

Hey Lynn....hope all is well; take care!

By the way, EXCELLENT resolution....so very true!

Hi Lynn, how scary for you. I hope everything went OK at the doctor. I feel so bad for you. Big Hugs. I love your new years resolution...I always think of that when I fly and they say 'put your own oxygen on first'. It seems like you are on the right track. Take good care and keep us posted.

My ticker moved! Yeah! 6 more pounds to lose and I have less than 100 pounds to lose. Feeling good todya. A little tired at word. I had a protien shake around 8:30, Tomato Soup around 1, and then a protien shake again around 4 because I was feeling tired. For supper I had a very 'soft' lean cuisine. So far it feels OK, I hope I chewed enough....

Have a great night everyone!

Hi everyone,

Everything went well with the surgeon yesterday. The band did NOT slip and he did not fill it because in a almost 2 week period I lost another 2 1/2 pounds.

He proded around, used some sort of machine to check the band. He wants to see me again in 2 weeks. He basically wants me on a soft diet for another week. I do have to let you know, last night I did not have a soft diet and I was fine.

Are we getting used to writing "2007"?

Have a great day. Time for work.

Lynn

Hi everyone,

Everything went well with the surgeon yesterday. The band did NOT slip and he did not fill it because in a almost 2 week period I lost another 2 1/2 pounds.

He proded around, used some sort of machine to check the band. He wants to see me again in 2 weeks. He basically wants me on a soft diet for another week. I do have to let you know, last night I did not have a soft diet and I was fine.

Are we getting used to writing "2007"?

Have a great day. Time for work.

Lynn

That was great news from the doctor Lynn, what a relief for you, hope your back is getting better as well.:hug:

Maria :)