Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Life as a Bandster

You all are so sweet, you gave me goosebumps and made me cry. (Is that another good reason to take Ativan?) I am leaving now, I really can't tell you how much your support has meant to me. It makes me feel stronger, and like I am not alone. Thank you. I hope to post again Wed. night when I get home.xoxoxox

Good luck, Bandiva! I envy you going to Mexico. It is one of my favourite places to visit and go shopping in. And I have heard nothing but good things about the surgeons down there.

As for the west coast weather, it seems that you are getting a lot of it! I was watching some film of your latest storm on the news last night. Very impressive. And it seems it did a lot of damage, too. Now you are leaving for warmth and sun and the lapband. Good for you!:clap2:

Hi Everyone! I am back and banded! It was a fantastic experience. I just got in from a long day of traveling, so I will write with full details tomorrow. Thanks for everything. xoxo

Victoria

Welcome home, now the lessons are put into action. The range of aftercare is large. Some people have no real hard times. I think that I am one of the many lucky ones. The most challanging aspect has been the hunger in my head. I say this is in my head becuse I have had to relearn what feeling full is. My brain did not understand what full feeling was. I felt that I was an adult and knew what feeling full was, wrong. Fifty years of knowing how much to put on my plate to get the full feeling is hard to correct. The best advice that I got from Dr. Ortiz was to chew, chew, and chew. The second best was to take 45 minutes to eat.

Chewing allowed me to learn to enjoy the full flavor of the food. The 45 minutes eating time allowed me to learn the "new" feeling of full. It is a struggle to think that you must relearn something so basic as eating. The sooner that you can understand, learn or whatever you call it the better.

Wishing you all the best, get the new book form fillcenterusa.com it can help you along the way.

Hi Everyone! Well I am officially banded! Yeah!

I ended up leaving the Island on Fri night just to make sure I beat the storm. Arrived in Vancouver around 11 pm. Saturday morning I just wanted to get to the airport, so I went early and killed time by having a massage! It was a great way to start the journey! My flights down were fantastic, had the row to myself both times, so I slept. When I arrived in Tijuana, it took me about 1/2 hour to locate Francesco, the driver, but once I did everything was fine. Went to a happening spot in Tijuana for dinner around 11 pm, it was great....los arcos. It had live entertainment, and there were a lot of Christmas parties going on so it was really great just to sit and watch everyone celebrating as families.

Sunday morning I went shopping at Plaza Rio (ironically, bought a new winter coat in Mexico???) and then spent the afternoon at the avenue revolution which is the 'strip' for all the vendors etc. You can buy anything there....and I do mean anything. I bought myself some nice silver jewelery but that was it. My mother in law picked up lots of trinkets etc.

Sunday night I had dinner at the hotel (Lucerna). Honestly, it was the best spinach salad I have ever had. Can't wait to have it (or a portion of it) again. Then I did 2 miles on the treadmill to prepare my brain and to get rid of the full feeling from my meal.

Monday morning Dr. Ortiz' mother picked us up in the lobby (5 of us patients) and took us to the clinic. It was great. The dr patient ratio is 1:1, and the nurses and other support staff were terrific. I had a big cry Sunday night, but once I walked into the clinic Monday morning all anxiety was gone. I had my surgery around 11:30AM and was awake and walking by around 4pm. I slept most of the day and the entire night. The next morning I was released.

My mother in law and I hired a private tour guy and went on a shopping trip to San Diego. I was on my feet from 2:30 to 8:45! It was really fun. Then he picked us up again, and brought us back across the border and I organized my stuff for customs and went to bed.

Wednesday I left Tijuana at 7am and was home by 8 pm. Had some pain last night in bed when I would try to turn over, but I think my stomach muscles had just had enough for one day.

Today I am fine and headed to work in about an hour. I feel great so far and would recommend this to anyone. I was definately in very capable hands.

Thank you to all of you for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Now, HOW ARE YOU ALL? I will read your threads tonight so that I can get back in the loop! Thanks again. xoxo

Welcome home Bandiva, i am glad your trip was so successful, now you are officially in bandland. Good luck in your weight loss journey.

Maria :P

Bandiva,

sounds like it couldn't have gone better! i really am taking heart from everyones' experiences told here. i feel much better about my upcoming surgery.

had my pre-op tests today...something not exactly right with EKG=-=now have to see cardiologist as well--squeezing that in next tues.

please keep us posted about your progress--you sound like you really had the best possible experience!

best wishes,

girlin

nyc

:clap2: :clap2:

WOW...that is awesome Bandiva!!! Welcome to bandland!!!!

Thanks for filling us in. Glad you are doing well....be good to yourself for the next several days!

I worked a full day today but did not work very hard....worked an hour, worked at the till for an hour etc. Tummy was a little sore by the end of it (from leaning forward to do pedicures) but I am just putting my feet up tonight and reading through this site. 2 more days of work and I am on holidays!