Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone critical of their body more now?

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I love the descriptives so nice to see I have so much to look forward too! LOL Anyone know of any good plastic surgeons lol, Its all good, I hope I can learn to love the skin.......But think of it this way. More skin = More weight loss . I am sure we will all figure it out????? RIGHT???

My stomach' date=' which has shrunk a lot lately, is all jiggly and disgusting. Before I lost any weight it was bigger but firmer. Now it's like a wiggling bowl of Jello. Eeewww.[/quote']

Omg me too!!! Just this morning I was noticing how I've lost my upper stomach which has in turn made my lower stomach look even bigger and Jello like!! Ugh so gross!! Clothes cover it up but I'm disgusted when naked! Lol!

Yes, it's funny how we're way harder on ourselves now :( I feel like that big girl still trying on little people clothes and hoping my skin suit will fall off! I often wonder if our skin will tighten with exercise and my front bum will go away :) or at least that what I call it, and I often wonder if the skin under my as is going to help me take flight when I wave...

People always tell me how great I look and to stop loosing weight and my reply is you haven't seen me naked so you can't tell me I'm not still FAT

I have this same problem. I hate it cause how can someone tell you how you're supposed to feel about your body. My friends have said they think I have some body issues cause I'm always saying I need to lose more. They don't understand that I look totally different with my clothes off.

I haven't lost enough to see any major changes, but I do worry about it. I've gotten used to looking "filled out" in my skin...I can't imagine looking differently yet....hopefully, I'm coming out of a 3wk stall and will see some changes, positive ones, soon!! Praying the scales move!!!

I can not see any changes at this point. Maybe once I hit the 80+ mark, I'll be more critical of my looks.

I see it in my face too! I feel like I've aged 10 years in the 6 months since I've had the surgery!

I was really hoping to avoid a Tummy Tuck, but it looks like a body lift to me. I swore I wouldn't do my thighs or arms, but they crepe paper saggy skin grosses me out.

I wouldn't say that I'm more critical now. I think I'm critical, but in a new way now. Before, I had thought I was disgusting for so long, and I finally started to come to terms that that was what I looked like. Now, I still feel like I look big, and I do have excess skin, and it's all watery instead of firm, soft rolls before. I look different, and I've been working on loving myself more. Skin and all. Something that has helped me a bit is the blog "Fuckyeahbodypositivity.tumblr.com" Some of the posts have helped me realize that I can think I'm beautiful. Even with all of my skin and body issues.

This is an interesting topic because I have been feeling that way and didn't understand why I was feeling that way. Now that I have lost the majority of my weight I am feeling bad about my thighs (which were my problem even when I wasn't overweight) and I am concerned with all the jigglyness.

I joined the gym, though, and hope that will help to tone up and work out the areas that are my problem areas.

But all in all I have to remember that I have lengthened my life and improved my quality of life so if my thighs are perfect hey, that's not so bad!

How much have u lost' date=' Buplee?? Have u been exercising much??[/quote']

I have lost 52lbs as of today, I have been doing some exercise but not as much as I would like since I am still recovering from extensive neurosurgery.

I am more critical of myself. I have saggy arms and thighs. My tummy really isn't too bad. I think sit-ups should help tighten it up. My size 6 pants are getting baggy and that scares me, I'm happiest at size 9-10. When I go into the dressing room, I just get sad, looking at my arms, thighs and breasts! The only good thing is people tell me I look 10 years younger!

I feel the same way! I constantly find myself asking my fiancé if outfits make me look fat. I spend more time in front of the mirror looking at my body and being unhappy about it. I think before surgery I was so ashamed of my body I didn't want to see my body I avoided it. Now I look for my flaws. I think it's the mental fall down from surgery. I know I see things other people so not see. I see someone much bigger who will never look "normal". However everyone else sees a different thing.

Morgan Whitaker

You remind me of myself!! I hated pictures of myself and refused to look in the mirror! When I take pictures now with my bf and I look skinny I always shockingly say "wow I look skinny here" and he always says " yeah that's what you look like" but to me I still see the 308 lb girl and not the 180 lb girl I am today! I hear it takes a while to see yourself how you look now and stop seeing the old you! I hope I can see the me I am today and not the old me soon! Keep up the great work in your journey :)

Yes! Omg before surgery if I managed to throw my hair up and get in my work clothes I was happy now I get up EARLY to do my hair and make up I acessorize now and I try everythin tht fits me on multiple times before I feel comfortable. I care more about how I present myself and I feel better about myself in doing so. So strange but good.