Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just ate a Wendy's cheeseburger!

My doc only allows 30 grams or less of carbs. The nut said the less carbs I eat the better, so of corse I don't eat bread.. But I don't have to count calories or fat. She told me to try now for 90 grams Protein, she said the more protein I eat the more I will lose as long as I watch the carbs. I have lost 23 since March 6th.

i've had half of one. Don't make it a habit.

Here is my viewpoint on it... I got this surgery so I could live my life and not be on a diet the rest of my life...

I delt with my food issues a long time ago... I was a product of a single parent home and lets face it I lived with a single father who worked 3 jobs just to make ends meet and Pasta was super cheap as were $1 cheese burgers... I gained alot of weight as a child, to top that off I have hypothyroidism and PCOS... So losing weight without DRASTIC Portion Control is exremely hard...

That off topic explaination being said... My reason for having this surgery was for the portion control... My family eats very healthy for the most part but when they indulge I will too... I will continue to eat cake, I will have pizza in my life... I will eat in restaraunts... I will eat hogies, subs, grinders whatever you wanna call them... I will eat it all just in moderation! I am sure I will eat a Wendys Burger again!

Maybe some of you need to read the entire thread titled "Weight gained after having gastric sleeve surgery". These are from vets 1 or more years out and having to lose some lbs gained back. Just a few ppl who are being honest and reporting their issues about maintaining and gaining. Unless you got the Magical Sleeve Surgery then great for you! I'm so jealous ;) Eat your Wendy's and Carry On

Personally, I don't see it as getting "The Magical Sleeve Surgery"... I just see it as not living on a constant diet... Maybe I am one of the few lucky ones who doesnt have food issues... 1 cheese burger is not going to send me into a tailspin of overeatting... I can only speak for myself and I was giving my opinon on food to the OP... This is one of the things that has really started to annoy me and make me not frequent this site as much as I use to... People seem to think they know more then others and think they know about every single person's situation... And I am sure they may think they do, but stop being all judgey... Just bc the OP ate a Wendy's cheeseburger doesnt mean she is a going to eat one or one hundred every day of the rest of her life. Maybe she can eat a cheese burger every once in a while and live a perfectly normal life... I know I can...

I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as judging. I wasn't. I'd just rather take the advise of those farther out than me (only 14 weeks) than those who are not. We are here because we had, want, or are researching VGS. And we are doing so or did so because we have a deadly disease classified as obesity. We've laid on the operating table and took a chance on OUR lives. We signed a consent that DEATH was risk of surgery. We were told to outweigh the risk of continuing to be obese. . Some ppl have had other major complications.

Again the thread I spoke about needs to be read and taken to heart. I just don't need to give a crap about anyone else but myself I guess. I'm guilty of seeing other overweight ppl in public and wanting to tell them about VGS and its great benefits!! But then I read **** like that and realize this tool is NOT for everyone.

First burger since surgery in January. Tasted so good but I'm feeling so guilty. And the sad part is' date=' it was very easy for me to do. ugh....[/quote']

I feel like you should allow yourself something you want every now and then as long as its not a habit. I don't know about others but I'm not here to judge you had surgery to change your life not rule it!

I'm not blasting you...just curious! I can only handle about 1/3 of a homemade hamburger patty...without any bread. Just wondering if you were able to eat the whole thing! I have been tempted to try though!! Lol

I ate a 8 oz hamburger patty my wife made about a week ago for dinner. Afterwards, I was wondering how did I just do that... my comment to her was please make them 3-5 oz for me. Usually I can only eat max 4 oz dense meat and will stop eating because full. Not this time though. It might have been because hamburger meat is not so dense.

So strange that so many of us crave cheeseburgers. What do they put in those things? I was just wondering how horrible would it be to chew and spit one just so i could get it out of my head lol. In your case, i don't think its a sin. I think you better allow it now and again so it is under control. Thanks for sharing so we all feel human!

I have to preface this by saying again that I'm a pre-op patient, and have NO WAY in the world to know yet what it is like to be sleeved. There's no possible way for me to judge anyone else's path, I'm too busy trying to keep on my own! But after following this thread, I do know that my issues with food will turn me into the biggest whinybutt martyr on Earth if I start feeling deprived. I've done it before, I know the pattern.

It always begins with telling myself that I've worked so hard, and I'm entitled to a little pleasure-food, but in the end it only ends up sabotaging me. I either feel incredi-guilty and kick into all or nothing mode ("I may as well just GIVE UP, I've failed, what's the point in trying?") or I go completely overboard and slip back into bad habits. This, ladies and gennelmen, is why dieting has never worked for me.

If there's one thing I'm learning from this forum and my own research, it's that this surgery isn't going to change my headspace. That's up to me, and that's going to be the real work!

After nearly 4.5 decades of blissfully skipping tra-la-la down a path paved with bad habits, I'm really going to have to make serious, no-drama-queen-wallowing-allowed changes in the way I interact with food. I'll probably make a bad choice here and there--but honestly? After a lifetime of bad food/exercise choices, going from making 90% bad choices every day down to a once in a while event is going to be a major victory!

That's my advice to the OP--try not to get stuck in what you chose when you ate the burger (if you feel bad and beat yourself up, that's taking energy away from your progress and stealing focus from all the GREAT choices you've made so far). Dust yourself off and resolve to do better. That's all any of us can do, whether the mistake was a bounced check, a dented fender, or a Wendy's burger.

(Or a wordy forum post.) ;)

I ate a 8 oz hamburger patty my wife made about a week ago for dinner. Afterwards' date=' I was wondering how did I just do that... my comment to her was please make them 3-5 oz for me. Usually I can only eat max 4 oz dense meat and will stop eating because full. Not this time though. It might have been because hamburger meat is not so dense.[/quote']

Was 8oz precooked weight? Hamburger loses a lot of weight in the cooking process.

So strange that so many of us crave cheeseburgers. What do they put in those things? I was just wondering how horrible would it be to chew and spit one just so i could get it out of my head lol. In your case' date=' i don't think its a sin. I think you better allow it now and again so it is under control. Thanks for sharing so we all feel human![/quote']

I wouldn't say it's horrible, you'll still get the grease & many of the calories, but not the Protein.

When I was on Clear liquids I would chew watermelon & spit the pulp out.

Goodness, I am definitely not the food police. At fours year out, I am now eating based on my TDEE, less a 20% deficit. When I first started doing that, it meant I was eating 1600 calories a day. Now, because I am lifting weights and doing a lot more cardio, I average closer to 1900 to 2000 calories a day. Most of the time, I make sure the food I am eating is healthy and is good fuel for my body, and I eat a ton of Protein. But, like others, I did not get my sleeve to deprive myself. I got it to be able to live like a normal person and to not let food control me or spend every day obsessing about every bite that goes in my mouth. My fiance loves pizza, and so do I. So, Monday nights is pizza night at our house. I have my one slice which fills me to the brim, and I enjoy every bite of it. We also get the occasional craving for a nice bacon cheeseburger, and when we do, my fiance cooks us up one. I don't eat the bun though, the bun just swells up in me and then I would only be able to eat a few bites.

The point is, what may be right for you may not necessarily be what works for everyone else. You have to find that balance in your life where you have a good relationship with food, it doesn't control you and you are able to reach your goals with a plan that works for you. It can't be everybody else's plan, it has to be yours. Some people can go their whole lives and never eat a cheeseburger again. I'm not one of those people, I got fat because I love food, especially junk food. I would go crazy if I thought I could never have the foods I love again, and quite frankly, for me, that would be setting myself up for failure. Instead, I try to make sure I fuel my body with things that are good for it the majority of the time and I make sure I exercise and stay well hydrated. That way, I have no guilt whatsoever for indulging in the things I love, I never feel deprived and I am one happy sleever!

Goodness' date=' I am definitely not the food police. At fours year out, I am now eating based on my TDEE, less a 20% deficit. When I first started doing that, it meant I was eating 1600 calories a day. Now, because I am lifting weights and doing a lot more cardio, I average closer to 1900 to 2000 calories a day. Most of the time, I make sure the food I am eating is healthy and is good fuel for my body, and I eat a ton of Protein. But, like others, I did not get my sleeve to deprive myself. I got it to be able to live like a normal person and to not let food control me or spend every day obsessing about every bite that goes in my mouth. My fiance loves pizza, and so do I. So, Monday nights is pizza night at our house. I have my one slice which fills me to the brim, and I enjoy every bite of it. We also get the occasional craving for a nice bacon cheeseburger, and when we do, my fiance cooks us up one. I don't eat the bun though, the bun just swells up in me and then I would only be able to eat a few bites.

The point is, what may be right for you may not necessarily be what works for everyone else. You have to find that balance in your life where you have a good relationship with food, it doesn't control you and you are able to reach your goals with a plan that works for you. It can't be everybody else's plan, it has to be yours. Some people can go their whole lives and never eat a cheeseburger again. I'm not one of those people, I got fat because I love food, especially junk food. I would go crazy if I thought I could never have the foods I love again, and quite frankly, for me, that would be setting myself up for failure. Instead, I try to make sure I fuel my body with things that are good for it the majority of the time and I make sure I exercise and stay well hydrated. That way, I have no guilt whatsoever for indulging in the things I love, I never feel deprived and I am one happy sleever![/quote']

I absolutely love that you have said this Susan! I think this puts a better perspective on the whole process. There's too many people here who are too judgmental about sticking to the "rules" and I think that is discouraging for Newbies and people who are pre-op. It also makes many of us feel like a failure because we had a slice if pizza or half a cheeseburger. People need to open their minds a little to other options like, "bend the rules just enough to suit you and your life" without falling off the wagon completely.

Had a chicken mayo from macdonalds yesterday only managed 1/2 binned the other half totally stuffed ever since not been able to eat without wanting to be sick as I type just had lunch sitting in a training course in Glasgow had some Pasta and honestly want to hurl hope I've not broken anything :-(