Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just ate a Wendy's cheeseburger!

A couple of weeks ago my grandson made the mistake of leaving his McDonalds cheeseburger uneaten and in a place I could see it. So here's what I did: I cut it in half and proceeded to eat it. I ate a little more than half of the half and was full. I wanted the whole half but just couldn't do it.

Tonight I made chili. Got about a cupful in a bowl with some cheese and a few Fritos. Ate maybe half a cup and 6-7 Fritos and was full.

So the moral of the story is: Big eff-in deal if I got my hands on a cheeseburger or some Frito pie. Its not like I can eat much anyway. Perhaps my horrible food sins aren't so bad after all. Now I'm going to get half a cup of ice cream and see how it goes :P

Since I'm pre-op and new to the boards here, I definitely am NO kind of expert on WLS. I have to say, though, that I agree most with those who are saying that surgery doesn't mean you have to become an ascetic monk and deny yourself every pleasure you used to take with your tastebuds. Kind of like saying that one bad breakup doesn't mean you HAVE to become celibate--although that might work for some, it's not a requirement. A bad breakup affects everyone differently: some become anti-relationships, some "hook up" every chance they get, and most find a low-key middle of the road.

Second time tonight that I've equated food to romance. Hmm. Maybe I need to write a cookbook/romance novel. "Fifty Shades of Grey Poupon"?

Maybe I need to write a cookbook/romance novel. "Fifty Shades of Grey Poupon"?

LOL. I'd read it!

I went to the market today and had neurenberg sausage (low fat brats) on a bun with spicy mustard. My first since the surgery. It was yummy :)

I will say that the bun was too much to handle for me' date=' I ate about half of it and then DH received the balance of the meal, but I enjoyed it and will likely have another half next saturday at the market.

The old me used to eat the whole thing and then come home and have a cookie :P

I didn't have this surgery so I couldn't enjoy life again. I refuse to eat on a tiny plate or carry plastics with me LOL I still enjoy wine and I eat carbs ::SHOCK:: And I'm losing weight and doing fine. I just don't eat an entire loaf of bread or a burger at every meal. Enjoy life and don't listen to the grumps. There is nothing worse than a hungry and jealous former fatty who's sucking on a lettuce leaf while you enjoy a healthy portion of a yummy treat :P[/quote']

I like this new Iggychic. Where did she come from? And the new photo is so cool, not the 'good fairy' anymore!

At 3 weeks out that just sounds so painful. But why the declaration? I'd keep that info quiet. There are so many other healthier, and tastier, alternatives to the Wendy's Cheeseburger.

Declare all you want fancynancy. That's why we are here - to discuss things as we see fit. In fact, I have a declaration right now -

Last Thurs was my grandson's 5th birthday. He is the light of my life.

Yesterday was my youngest son's 15th birthday, We haven't cut his cake yet because he was gone all day to a ROTC armed drill team competition. Yeah ...we not only eat cake but we teach our kids to shoot rifles as well.

Tomorrow is my oldest son's birthday. He always wants brownie sundaes.

That's 3 cakes in less than a week. And guess what??? I'm going to have a little bit of every one of them. No harm done.

At least the cheeseburger has the 24g of Protein.< /p>

Declare all you want fancynancy. That's why we are here - to discuss things as we see fit.

That's 3 cakes in less than a week. And guess what??? I'm going to have a little bit of every one of them. No harm done.

At least the cheeseburger has the 24g of Protein.

I totally agree. :) While I do try to keep my daily calories around 900 (rarely less than that now), I still let myself indulge in the good stuff. Granted, most of my "indulging" has been within the last few months - with Christmas and Easter goodies. (Why are all the typically "bad" foods called goodies?) We didn't have any of that stuff at our house, but the in-laws and my parents did for Christmas and almost ALL of my co-workers had Easter candy. OMG... one of those Reese's flat eggs has 90 calories! :o After this bit of over-indulging, I have learned that I just cannot have chocolate readily available to me. I can't. I couldn't before surgery, so I obviously can't afterwards. Having the sleeve doesn't stop me from eating the high calorie slider foods. We do not keep ice cream in the house anymore. (sugar free fudgesicles, yes.)

We did have a pint of Ben and Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough a few weeks ago. The hubs wanted the container for a photo shoot he was doing. We shared it. I scooped out the first inch or so and put it into a little glass condiment dish. He ate the rest. It was FABULOUS! (What's scary is that pre-surgery, we would get a large pizza delivered from the local pizza joint - split it - and then for dessert we'd each have a pint of B&J's ice cream.)

We still have pizza once a week. I can only eat one slice and I'm hiccuping. One SMALL slice. Picture a frozen pizza cut into eight slices and that's what I can eat. We've switched to making semi-homemade pizza with turkey pepperoni. I still can only eat one piece. Sometimes my head tells me to eat that piece really fast because then maybe I could sneak in another piece before the sleeve catches on that it's full. But that's a load of doo-doo -- but I don't because then I have to face the consequences of an angry sleeve. (Throwing up pizza is not a fun thing.)

I even still make myself a plate of nachos (well, tortilla chips with melted cheese). However, it's on one of my little plates and probably only has about 10 bite size tortilla chips. I log it in My Fitness Pal.

I guess to me, as long as I log it and I am hitting my calorie (900) and Protein (80 grams min.) goals, it's okay. The Easter candy? Er, yeah. I might have logged it all. :rolleyes: Which... makes it not okay. The one good thing I learned is that sometimes cycling calories is good for weight loss. Having a couple of higher calorie days seems to help ME with losing weight. I still lost weight over Christmas... but around Easter, while I didn't GAIN, I also didn't lose. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a coincidence that the weight loss stalled. I know plateaus happen, but.... funny how it happened shortly after the candy appeared at work.

As to candy, I do have a HUGE bowl of Dum-Dums and Jolly Ranchers on a top shelf in my cubicle. Those aren't trigger candies to me. My co-workers like having some kind of candy to grab when they want something "lighter". I might have a Dum-Dum maybe once a week and I don't care for Jolly Ranchers. I intentionally bought stuff that is sort of "meh". Why do I buy candy? I like bringing something sweet to the meetings I run. We used to have a candy closet where I could grab a bag of mixed stuff to bring to meetings, but they are cutting back on expenditures, and the candy budget was cut. (The horror!!) So.. I first tried Tootsie Pops, but I found that they were still a trigger - so once those were gone, I switched to the Dum-Dums and Jolly Ranchers. (Ick, just thinking about Jolly Ranchers makes my taste buds recoil.) ;)

And a big hell yeah on the dum dums!

I went to the market today and had neurenberg sausage (low fat brats) on a bun with spicy mustard. My first since the surgery. It was yummy :)

I will say that the bun was too much to handle for me' date=' I ate about half of it and then DH received the balance of the meal, but I enjoyed it and will likely have another half next saturday at the market.

The old me used to eat the whole thing and then come home and have a cookie :P

I didn't have this surgery so I couldn't enjoy life again. I refuse to eat on a tiny plate or carry plastics with me LOL I still enjoy wine and I eat carbs ::SHOCK:: And I'm losing weight and doing fine. I just don't eat an entire loaf of bread or a burger at every meal. Enjoy life and don't listen to the grumps. There is nothing worse than a hungry and jealous former fatty who's sucking on a lettuce leaf while you enjoy a healthy portion of a yummy treat :P[/quote']

I couldn't have said it any better Iggy.

I also think if you try to be perfect you set yourself up for failure. No one is perfect we are all going to slip. Failure isn't falling off the wagon. Failure is when you don't get back on the wagon.

Sent from my KFOT using VST

I want a cheeseburger! I have been thinking of making one at home though sans bread because I haven't eaten that yet!

Iggy, you and I are definitely on the same page. No tiny plates, plastic ware or anything else from me. I want to be like normal people and I don't want to be on a diet for the rest of my life. Even as far out as I am, my sleeve still works beautifully. If I try and eat something with a bun, I can only eat a few bites and feel miserable. So, I usually just toss the bun and enjoy the rest.

However, I'm sorry, but I am not with you on the wine. I do, once in a great while partake of it, but my drink of preference is a White Russian, lol. I won't give those up for anything. And hey, I'm still losing too! :D

Personally, I ditched fast food years ago and once its out of your system, it is so gross when you do indulge.

That said, I'm a everything in moderation person. I prefer homemade burgers and Cookies, etc and have promised myself that if I want it, its made at home from scratch. So good and not addictive or full of additives snd fake flavor enhancers.

Oh, I don't do fast food either, it takes like pure grease to me. Fortunately, my fiance is a nutritionist and an amazing cook, so I get the best of both worlds.

First burger since surgery in January. Tasted so good but I'm feeling so guilty. And the sad part is, it was very easy for me to do. ugh....

I'm a little concerned. I know everyone is saying this is a lifestyle and we should treat ourselves but the OP ate an entire 580 calories burger. She didn't have some of it, or a few bites of it, or any of the other things people are saying they do. She had the entire burger. At 580 calories. 3 months after surgery. Does no one see a potential problem, other than the one poster who was called names and ridiculed (even though she didn't call anyone names but I guess it's ok as long as everyone agrees)?

A lot of us have a unhealthy relationship with food and that's what got us in this mess in the first place. I keep reading over and over again that this surgery is a tool and we have to do the work or we're going to put the weight back on. People on this post keep saying it's a lifestyle, yada yada, but that's what I always read on the regular diet boards and none of us ever lost any significant weight or maintained the weight we did lose. I know a smaller stomach helps with the weight loss but the long-term posters are talking about having 3 or 4 bites, not an entire burger.

If I'm eating an entire burger 3 months out, what am I eating a year out? That would be my concern.