Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Paperwork submitted to cigna

My paperwork was submitted to Cigna today. I called this afternoon and they have it and say its pending and could take 30 days.

What is the process the paperwork goes through?

30 days including weekends? (One can dream lol)

Did it really take that long?

I'm so excited and nervous at the same time just trying to get an idea of what to expect in this phase.

Thanks for any help you can give.

I have Cigna as well and they gave me the ok after a week and 2 days. I called them the tuesday after my doctor sent everything over so about 5 days. Then called back everyday after because I needed it oked by the end of the week to have surgery on that monday.

Hope everything goes well for you.

I also got approval from Cigna within a week. Good luck!

Thanks. One lady said it would take 5 days but to give them a week just incase and another lady said 30 days. Did they give you a timeline when you called?

Maybe I'll just call Friday and check on the progress.....fingers crossed :D

Thanks for posting this, I have Cigna, too........I went to the surgeons' informational session last week and meeting with the surgeon on Friday.......and nervous........

How long did it take from that first meeting with your doctor to submitting paperwork? Many thanks!

I met with the dr for my fist visit on 2/14/13 and they submitted my 3 month medically supervised paperwork and all the other documents on 4/12/13. The dr and his nurses say that Cigna can take up to a month to get back to them. But the people on here are giving me hope. I think I'm going to call cigna every 5 days lol

Good luck on your journey!!!!!

My journey took a little longer, by design. I started the process back in October, but waited until this year to do the required testing so that I wouldn't have to worry about paying two deductibles and max out of pocket expenses. Once everything made it to Cigna, I received a response by mail in about a week so if your are calling, you should get the decision a few days earlier.

Cigna has been consistent each time I have called to check progress. They told me 5 business days. So I should know tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. I called today only to find out I was denied. They misquoted benefits to my dr saying that I had coverage for WLS but I don't ???? I was crushed but my dr says that we can appeal because they said they would cover it earlier so I have some hope but I have to have it by the 1st week in July or I won't be cleared to go back to work in time (I'm a special Ed teacher so I get beat up a lot and need that 6 weeks to heal) Keep me in your thoughts or prayers. Thanks

Catiebug....sending up prayers, keep us posted.

Hope the appeal goes well.

The insurance coordinator at my dr's office is amazing. She has submitted the paper work already and has been going up the chain of command. She told me she would call everyday and do everything she can. I'm going to call everyday too and we are going to get them to approve this. Thanks for all your support. When I got the news I wanted to give up ( and made a sad choice for dinner) but now I'm ready to fight. Thanks guys

I have cigna and was also approved in a week.

I have Cigna too...My paperwork was submitted on March 14...they let the paperwork sit around until my nurse called on April 2nd...then they opened my case for review and I called on April 5th and I was approved!!! But my secondary insurance is BCBS and I was approved in one week!!! I've heard many horror stories about Cigna so I guess I can't complain about how long it took to get approved!!!

CrimsonDiva