Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was sleeved in August. Big weight loss at first! I hit a stall in November. Still fighting

Have never lost any more weight. If I eat much of anything I am gaining. Feel like I never had surgery.??? Any suggestions, please help!!! It has been 5 months and no weight loss.

If it were me, I would ask myself these questions:

Am I following my diet? Really?

Am I tracking my food and Protein and calorie intake? ALL of it?

Am I getting all my needed liquids each day? Honestly?

Am I following the rules of Protein first, veggies second and carbs last? Really following it?

Am I exercising? Regularly?

If yes, to all, I would ask my self while looking in the mirror and looking myself straight in the eye. If the answer is still yes, I would go get checked out with my doc and have some labs run.

I would love to follow the eating just like that but if I had the self control I would have never gotton the surgery in the first place. The problem with me is not what I eat, Portion Control. And drinking has never helped make me feel full !!! I drink Over a gallon a day. I loved the weight loss surgery and was suscessful because I actually felt full. I do not anymore. :(

What about exercise?

I was always scared to work out because when I worked out, this was the weight I always got stuck at!! This November the weight loss stalled as soon as I started working out !!! I do not have a local support group and we moved away from where my doctor is. I don't know what I am suppose to be eating now??

Bit of tough love here.

You are not losing weight because you are not following the diet required to to make your sleeve work. Your sleeve is a tool, not a magic wand. You must use the other part of the tool to make it all work. Pure and simple.

Did you think you would be able to fall back into the eating habits you had before and be successful? If you did, as you can see, that does not work now, just as it did not work prior to your sleeve.

You have your answer. I'm sorry if it seems harsh, but that is the reality. We all have times when we have our pity party. All of us, we are not perfect but seems like now would be a great time to end yours and get yourself back on the program. Its not to late. Get help. Go see the NUT. Go see the DR.

Again, sorry if it's coming across as harsh, but sounds like you are looking for a magic solution. There is none other than hard work.

You say you would love to follow the eating plan? That is great but you need to decide if you would love to lose the weight and follow the plan more than you love to eat poorly.

I am not eating poorly. I am eating too much. Which was the problem before i had surgury and what the problem is now. i do not feel full. When i eat Protein and veggies i an still hungary enough for carbs!! If you had self control you wouldn't of had to get the sleeve. The same as me. You are not helping me by saying i am having a pitty Do not need a lecture. Need to know how to feel full again. Either help or do not post!!

You just had your surgery new at 52. Do everyone a favor and keep comments to yourself till you know what you are talking about. You are not helping anyone. Just wait till the first time you do not feel full.

Lucabelle,

Increase your Protein. How many grams are you getting a day?

Have you ever tried the diet pill, Phentermine? My doctor put me on it as I was losing the 15 pounds insurance required. It took away ALL my hunger AND desire for food. Check with your doctor to see if that might work for you.

I am not eating poorly. I am eating too much. Which was the problem before i had surgury and what the problem is now. i do not feel full. When i eat Protein and veggies i an still hungary enough for carbs!! If you had self control you wouldn't of had to get the sleeve. The same as me. You are not helping me by saying i am having a pitty Do not need a lecture. Need to know how to feel full again. Either help or do not post!!

Again, I'm sorry if what I say seems harsh. I'm just keeping it real. When I say eating poorly, that includes eating too much. Is your Protein dense protein? If it is, you should feel the restriction, if not, like I suggested before, check with a Dr.

You say you eating too much an not exercising. That is why you are not losing weight. I don't know how else to answer your question. I'm sorry you don't like the answer you are hearing, but it's the truth.

You asked for help, I gave you suggestions. I can only hope if I am in the same boat someday someone will be honest enough with me to tell me the truth, even if I don't like the answer.

I wish you the very best of luck in your journey, I'm sure there are Dr.'s, NUT's and other professionals in your area that can help you. This site is a great place to get information and exchange thoughts and ideas but nothing can take the place of your health care providers.

Again, best of luck to you and wish you nothing but the best! :)