Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

almost a month out and still cant eat a scrambled egg?

Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing well I am hoping you can help me answer a question...Im almost a month post op and i can eat pudding or yogurt even have tryed frozen yogurt and a few bites or real ice cream ....but this afternoon for lunch I scrambled an egg with cheese on top and after.2 1/2 bites I felt sick and had to stop....does tgis sound right? why sime tines I can eat lots of soft stuff but scrambled eggs are soft right??

Scrambled eggs still do this to me sometimes - at about 8-1/2 months out. There are just some foods that don't agree with Veronica (my sleeve). She's a finicky thing. Steak is another food. Sometimes ground beef does this too. I've made the most AMAZING mini omelettes that the dogs have gotten to share. :rolleyes:

Well I would say that your body is losing weight still. I bet a ton of that 25 lbs in the first 2 weeks was Water. Now your body is burning actual fat, so while the scale doesn't move, you are losing REAL fat, not water.

I AM scared that I'll be the only one it won't work for!!! No cheating and still just lost 13.5lbs in a month :(' date=' and I'm trying really hard ....[/quote']

I know exactly how you feel. Im sorry. Hopefully we can get our numbers up like all the others :)

Scrambled eggs still do this to me sometimes - at about 8-1/2 months out. There are just some foods that don't agree with Veronica (my sleeve). She's a finicky thing. Steak is another food. Sometimes ground beef does this too. I've made the most AMAZING mini omelettes that the dogs have gotten to share. :rolleyes:

Veronica? What did she do to earn her name? Lol.....and yeah Ive made goodthings that either go to the dog the kids or the compost so Im not over eating and I am choosing good foods 99.9% of the time

I know exactly how you feel. Im sorry. Hopefully we can get our numbers up like all the others :)

I sure hope we can Ashley, sorry u r going thru the same thing. I follow my diet faithfully, so I will have to figure out something I'm doing wrong. But the nutritionist said today that they like to see a 15-20 lb loss per month, so I almost made it! Best wishes to u :)

I AM scared that I'll be the only one it won't work for!!! No cheating and still just lost 13.5lbs in a month :(, and I'm trying really hard ....

I know at first I was thinking about it (the scale/loss) every minute of every day....so nothing seemed fast enough. Now that I'm farther out and have a significant loss, I'm calming down about it - some. So, just follow the rules, never graze, don't drink with meals, etc, and it will work for you, too. I had a month where I lost only 8 pounds, and I was disappointed. But each and every pound lost adds up, and while that is happening, you will be exercising and your body will be shrinking steadily. And while all that is happening, you are learning a new way of living. It's hard not focus on the details when we should be focusing on the big picture, I know. I get frustrated because I have so much to lose still....but that's my lot in life, and I'm doing what I can change it. The scale doesn't always respond like I think it should, even according to science, but we all different. It really is the long term that matters here. Good luck, you got this!

Leave off the cheese

ok for all you who are about 4 weeks or so....(or were once 4 weeks out) I lost a total of 25lbs in the firat 2 weeks amd have been at a stall since then why? and no i not loosing inches. Im scared to death I wo.t loose any more weight

Type "Week 3 stall' into the search box. This is a VERY common time for your body to stop and take stock of what's happening. You've just had major surgery and are in active healing mode (and will be for several months more to come!).

If you look at my signature line below, you'll see my weight loss record and how many pounds I lost each month (and still losing). It starts out quick and then slows down. Many stalls along the way (had my worst one yet just ended......about 4 weeks!). Last month I lost 3.7 lbs over the entire month and I was happy because it did actually move down!

As mentioned you will encounter alot of variability along the way. You have to remember this is a marathon, not a sprint. It's not about how fast you lose the weight, but about actually getting it all off in a healthy manner, changing your eating habits and thinking patterns regarding food. And about keeping the weight off for the long term.

I know it's exciting to finally see the weight drop off, and you want to be at goal NOW! But we didn't get up there fast, and we're not going to lose it overnight either. I'm close to 11 months post-op. I have about 50 lbs left to lose and I suspect it will take at least another 6-8 months to lose those last 50 lbs. I'm okay with that!

Even at this slower loss I have a tremendous amount of excess skin (I have been obese my entire life since I was a child, and most of that time I was morbidly obese, so my poor skin has had 30+ years of excess stretch...........too long to really recover from!). I think losing more slowly (and drinking LOTS of Water, and exercising) gives you a much better chance of skin recovery.

So keep your eyes on the prize, stick to your plan and don't let stalls stop you. You just keep on "keeping on". The stall does break (believe me). You just have to not give up!

I know at first I was thinking about it (the scale/loss) every minute of every day....so nothing seemed fast enough. Now that I'm farther out and have a significant loss, I'm calming down about it - some. So, just follow the rules, never graze, don't drink with meals, etc, and it will work for you, too. I had a month where I lost only 8 pounds, and I was disappointed. But each and every pound lost adds up, and while that is happening, you will be exercising and your body will be shrinking steadily. And while all that is happening, you are learning a new way of living. It's hard not focus on the details when we should be focusing on the big picture, I know. I get frustrated because I have so much to lose still....but that's my lot in life, and I'm doing what I can change it. The scale doesn't always respond like I think it should, even according to science, but we all different. It really is the long term that matters here. Good luck, you got this!

Thank u so much, I have so much to learn...and unlearn. I'm a slave to the scales right now. I am so happy for u!! Your ticker reflects your amazing loss! Congrats ! Thank u for sharing your story with me...it really helped me feel more "normal". I hope I will be able to lose this much next month, looking at the big picture sure looks good!! And I'm in it for the long haul now, lol, no regrets, no cheating. U r right, WE have this!!!

Type "Week 3 stall' into the search box. This is a VERY common time for your body to stop and take stock of what's happening. You've just had major surgery and are in active healing mode (and will be for several months more to come!).

If you look at my signature line below, you'll see my weight loss record and how many pounds I lost each month (and still losing). It starts out quick and then slows down. Many stalls along the way (had my worst one yet just ended......about 4 weeks!). Last month I lost 3.7 lbs over the entire month and I was happy because it did actually move down!

As mentioned you will encounter alot of variability along the way. You have to remember this is a marathon, not a sprint. It's not about how fast you lose the weight, but about actually getting it all off in a healthy manner, changing your eating habits and thinking patterns regarding food. And about keeping the weight off for the long term.

I know it's exciting to finally see the weight drop off, and you want to be at goal NOW! But we didn't get up there fast, and we're not going to lose it overnight either. I'm close to 11 months post-op. I have about 50 lbs left to lose and I suspect it will take at least another 6-8 months to lose those last 50 lbs. I'm okay with that!

Even at this slower loss I have a tremendous amount of excess skin (I have been obese my entire life since I was a child, and most of that time I was morbidly obese, so my poor skin has had 30+ years of excess stretch...........too long to really recover from!). I think losing more slowly (and drinking LOTS of Water, and exercising) gives you a much better chance of skin recovery.

So keep your eyes on the prize, stick to your plan and don't let stalls stop you. You just keep on "keeping on". The stall does break (believe me). You just have to not give up!

Fabulous job!!! U have so much to be proud of!! Congratulations!!!! And best wishes reaching your goal! I am such a slow loser, I don't know if I ever will...

Fabulous job!!! U have so much to be proud of!! Congratulations!!!! And best wishes reaching your goal! I am such a slow loser, I don't know if I ever will...

Of course you will! I suspect by Thanksgiving (U.S.), you'll be at goal and eating your first every skinny Thanksgiving meal. Just keep going!

I'm 4wks post-op today and eggs r the only food that has made me sick....idk why...I've tried it a couple of times and both times it caused me to "froth"...

This is quite hilarious. At first I didn't quite understand what you meant by "froth". But, I completely get it now and yes, I can tell when I've eaten something wrong or maybe a tad too much or too fast, I get frothy. That is the perfect way to describe it! Thank you for putting a word to it!