Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I hate my scale. I have a weight watchers scale and I have noticed that the readings are often off. Now I am guilty of weighing myself every day. I know I know. But according to my scales I lost 4lbs and gained 4lbs this week alone. One day I will weigh and it shows I've lost 2 lbs and then the next I've gain 2lbs. Its so frustrating. I know I'm not suppose to weigh every day. Some weigh once a week, some once a month and some have thrown away their scales. I'm just frustrated. Anyone else have problems with their scales?

Yes Ma'am...I'm pretty sure mine is broken! It's been stuck on the same number for quite awhile now...LOL!! I only let myself weigh once a week or I will get obsessed with the number....a low number means a good day, a higher number? Watch out family, I'm on the warpath!

I hate when I go to 3 doctors one after the other and the numbers are way different, on a empty stomach, wearing the same cloths

I am pre op and go to the nut monthly and only count her scale ( its a big monster sized thing 5' x 5')my home scale died

sometimes if the batteries are weak you will get all different numbers

the best scale you can get are the old fashion doctors scales with the sliding weights

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detecto-439-Mechanical-Doctor-Scale-400-lb-x-4-oz-/120993645384?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2bc88348

It's actually normal to gain/lose that much from day to day. You can be more or less hydrated, have gas, maybe ate more salt the day before... this is why it's better NOT to weigh yourself every single day. I know it's tempting, but don't go there. Use it for informational purposes only - not daily validation that your diet is working. Do what you're supposed to with diet and exercise all week, then see what you've accomplished at the end of the week. If you do it weekly, you'll see your progress more clearly and you won't frustrate yourself seeing the day to day or even hour to hour changes your body goes through. Using it every day creates an emotional attachment to that number, to feeling the success every day or disappointment when it doesn't change or goes up a little, and that's not what the scale should be used for.

Good luck!

Ok I hate my scale. I have a weight watchers scale and I have noticed that the readings are often off. Now I am guilty of weighing myself every day. I know I know. But according to my scales I lost 4lbs and gained 4lbs this week alone. One day I will weigh and it shows I've lost 2 lbs and then the next I've gain 2lbs. Its so frustrating. I know I'm not suppose to weigh every day. Some weigh once a week' date=' some once a month and some have thrown away their scales. I'm just frustrated. Anyone else have problems with their scales?[/quote']

My WW scale does the same; yesterday I was up and down 4 lbs. I admit to being a daily weigher as well. I'm in my first stall, I'm obsessed with weighing to see if (hope) it breaks soon. Sigh.

My scale is broken for sure also! It is stuck on the same now for 10 days. I think i need to replace it with one that goes down on a regular basis! ..lol

And yes i get on that darn thing everyday. I know i shouoldn't be i can't help myself... i know from the blogs that this is normal but who said we have to follow normal? I have never been NORMAL with my weight as far as others go so why start now..LOL

Well good luck everyone, i know we will get through this! Hope to hear of less of you the next blog.. :)

yeah my scale is "broken" as well. I've been sitting at 248 for almost 2 weeks. I knew this was going to happen, and that it's normal and everything and it will end, but it's getting hard.

Mine is broken too!! It sticks all the time. Smilling Eyes, let me know when you find one that goes down every day!!

Seriously, I had a WW scale, too, and it did the same thing.

I weigh every day, too. I just don't get too stressed out about it unless it sticks for a few weeks... which it is doing now! But just think if I didn't get on it all, and then after three weeks got on only to find I hadn't lost or even gained...I would have been a raving lunatic. At least this way I am not surprised. I actually saw an article on yahoo the other day that said it's not a bad thing to weigh every day...because I always believe what I read on the internet when I agree with it ;)

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/healthcare/photos/are-your-bad-habits-bad-you-think#4

I weigh every day. I even weigh more than once in a day on occasion because I'm interested in how my weight fluctuates as I go through the day and the week. Plus, I'm another one who would be far more freaked out if I weighed myself once a month and saw a slight gain than if I'd been keeping an eye on it all month.

It all depends on your needs; there's no one right way.. Don't let the scale rule you, but chose the best way to keep the stress minimized and still hold yourself accountable and stay on track.

However, I really only count my weigh-in once a month

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST