Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop having so many damn kids; population control, anyone?

That is a little personally nasty isnt it.? I could lash back in a million directions at your back woods thinking but I am more mature.

And even non careless sex can make unwanted babies. Take sex ed and get a grip

I didn't mean to get personally nasty, I apologize.

Yes you did. That sentence was very specific. Think about it before you write it. Did you think i would toss my head back and laugh? As i said before.. it was not an easy decision but we as a family were thankful that she had choices.

And if your boys impregnate a girl when they are 14 let me know how you feel then about this whole topic.

Yes you did. That sentence was very specific. Think about it before you write it. Did you think i would toss my head back and laugh? As i said before.. it was not an easy decision but we as a family were thankful that she had choices.

And if your boys impregnate a girl when they are 14 let me know how you feel then about this whole topic.

I said it to be sarcastic, in response to the sarcastic comment you made to me about "sex not just being for making babies, etc.". I see now that you took it personally and literally and I am apologizing, that is not the context it was meant.

I'm sure killing a baby is not an easy decision, it certainly shouldn't be, anyway. If my boys do impregnate a girl, I will most certainly look you up to tell you what happens if that is what you want. Wait, I guess I can tell you now, they will have no rights, it will be completely up to the girl. But I would take their babies in a HEARTBEAT if I could, no matter what. That is how I feel now, and that is not going to change.

But maybe that is just us "back woods" folk that would do that?

I have had families trade the food they bought for drugs. One bought the dealers favorite milk (2 percent) just for him.....

Milk is about $4.00 a gallon, at most. You won't get much in the way of drugs for $4.00.

:welldone2:

Really, no kidding?? Wow, I had no idea.....................:rolleyes

Carelessness can result in baby making, whether or not you were only in it for the good time. Let's just hope that at least the sex was good, so it was worth having to kill a baby for, right??

:omg:

That is a little personally nasty isnt it.? I could lash back in a million directions at your back woods thinking but I am more mature.

What she said was "personally nasty", but telling her she has "back woods" thinking is not only not personally nasty, but mature? Ummm, NOT!

WOW:omg: that is a little judgemental isnt it? I think that goes back to the discussion in the first 20 pages of this thread.

And although that is Krogers POLICY... iwonder how often it is actually done in a day...... Every job has rules, that doesnt mean they are followed thru with. ANd when there is a will there is a way. I have had families trade the food they bought for drugs. One bought the dealers favorite milk (2 percent) just for him.....

ALso...just as an aside. My sister was on the pill... but was so malnurished that it didnt work for her. She didnt realize how ill she was... until she started puking. I guess it was god sent that she got pregnant so she could get to the doc to diagnose HER issues to get healthy..sans a baby to stress it even more.

I believe it. The same thing happens here too. People always find a way to work around stuff. I live in NC and they don't check ID. Most people here will give the cards to the drug dealers or find out what they want and go buy the stuff for them.

I know someone that uses her food stamp card and to buy groceries then sells the groceries. By the end of the month she's going to churches and food banks to get food. It is just wrong.

That sounds like all those girls in elem and grade school who stae they are "abstaining" from sex, they are just give head. They think that is ok...

Whatever, sex is not just for baby making.... and if you think it is you are REALLY Missing out!

I think we are all aware of the fact that sex is not just for baby making and no, we do not need to go back to sex ed. However, if you are going to have sex, you need to accept the responsibility that an std or baby can result from doing so and be prepared to handle that responsibility, not do away with it.

I think we are all aware of the fact that sex is not just for baby making and no, we do not need to go back to sex ed. However, if you are going to have sex, you need to accept the responsibility that an std or baby can result from doing so and be prepared to handle that responsibility, not do away with it.

I completely agree. But realisticly, we have a lot of people out here that either don't, don't care, I don't know. They should be responsible, but they aren't.

People SHOULD be responsible with their vehicles too but i bet most of us here have been speeding from time to time... and maybe even caused accidents they have been in... so cast no stones.. no one here is perfect or else eveyone here would be thin. ( including me)

And gadget lady if you reread her posts she is in the woods of where ever she is from... and i am from amish country.

And yes what she said was nasty. She agreed that it could be taken that way. Are you trying to fuel the fire?

So...all abortions are performed for convenience and are an act of selfishness?

Actually, you're right...I shouldn't generalize. Although I do consider abortion a selfish choice in many cases (and it's okay if we have to agree to disagree on that point), it's not always a "convenient" choice. I do realize that it's a very, very hard decision for some mothers. I understand how scared many of them had to have been to feel like they needed to make that decision. I think that's one of the problems with "abortion on demand". Often times these girls are so scared that they sometimes make "rash" decisions to abort their child, without really understanding the consequences of their decision.

A dear friend of mine, long before we met each other, had an abortion when she was younger because she was scared that her family would be disappointed and angry with her. She actually believed that a fetus was just a "clump of cells" and didn't think of it as a baby. It wasn't until years later, when she saw a picture of an actual aborted baby at a similar gestational age and realized that it actually looked like a "real" baby in every way, that she fully realized what she did. It did not look like the "clump of cells" she thought it did, by any stretch of the imagination. It had little fingers, and little toes and every other little part of an "real" baby (very similar to a very premature baby). It was then that she realized that she killed an actual baby...HER baby. She sunk into a deep, deep depression and hated herself for what she had done. She was angry too at the clinic who never showed her these pictures before she had the abortion. She said they made it "easy" to have an abortion. I think all abortion clinics should have the responsibility to fully inform a mother of what she's about to do by showing her actual pictures of pre-born babies that are at a similar gestational age of the baby about to be aborted, so the mothers make a fully informed decision. She never would have had an abortion if she knew that beforehand. For that matter, she is very pro-life now. She received no "real" counselling either. I also think the abortion rate overall would be dramatically reduced with both more education and counselling, when the girls are faced with this life-changing decision. So for cases like these, obviously I have great compassion for these poor girls. The ones that were so scared and didn't know where to turn I mean. So often they regret their decision. :cry

The woman I had in mind though when I made my comment about "convenience", was a women here that has already had 8 ABORTIONS! EIGHT!!! Last I heard she was pregnant AGAIN!!! So by now, the number is probably NINE! :welldone2: She refuses to go on the pill because it "messes up her body" and refuses to use condoms because it "lessens the sensation" of sex. So instead of closing her legs or Heaven forbid, using a condom...she uses abortion as her "birth control" method. :success1:

Anyway, that's the frame of mind I was in when I was talking about abortion being "convenient" rather than carrying the child to term and putting it up for adoption.

I was thinking more about the "Comfort Room" idea too that someone mentioned earlier and realized that it probably would be greatly needed after all, because so many women do regret their decision immediately afterwards and feel a great sense of loss. I doubt the woman with 8 (or 9 now) abortions needs a Comfort Room, but it think it would be helpful for a great deal of women. But more so, education and counselling is needed to make a fully informed decision.

And gadget lady if you reread her posts she is in the woods of where ever she is from... and i am from amish country.

And yes what she said was nasty. She agreed that it could be taken that way. Are you trying to fuel the fire?

No, I'm saying that what she said appeared to me to be sarcasm, not nastiness (actually, your comment that prompted hers, that sex isn't just for making babies and if she doesn't know that she's missing out seemed much more personally nasty to me), while your comment about her back woods thinking seemed personally nasty and not sarcastic at all.

Whatever gagetlady. Think what ever you want. Have sex, no sex, good sex, bad sex... just stay out of my bed and my body.

Thank you.:faint:

Personally, my husband and I have incredible sex, as often as possible. And when I don't want to get pregnant, we use birth control. But if I did accidentally get pregnant, I wouldn't knock off the baby.

I have no interest in being in your bed or your body.

When a mother is pregnant, however, the baby is not her body. It's the baby's body.