Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop having so many damn kids; population control, anyone?

Sunta that's one thing I've learned reading threads here. Scarcasm seems so much more harsh when you read it in a post, than when you are hearing it and reading someone's body language.

Many times I've tried to be humorous and no one gets it, and in fact they think I am being mean.

What'r ya gonna do?

Sunta that's one thing I've learned reading threads here. Scarcasm seems so much more harsh when you read it in a post, than when you are hearing it and reading someone's body language.

Excellent point, BJean. I often tell my friends not to instant message their significant others, because tone/body language/facial expression is totally lost in writing. Now if I could only learn to follow my own advice...

I guess my tone and intent is much like that of George Carlin, most of the time.

Did you read about the gal in Arkansas who just had her 17th kid? She says they want more. This woman has been pregnant for 10.5 years of her life. What is wrong with her? But I think giving birth for her is pretty much like squeezing cream cheese out of a tube.

Did you read about the gal in Arkansas who just had her 17th kid?

Call it an extreme shot in the dark, a wild guess, or just plain spidey sense, but something tells me that this family is not super informed on the environmental impact of such a decision.

Like I said on another thread, their 17 children's children will have a grand old time swimming in the polar ice caps, that is if the earth is still inhabitable by then.

But let's forget about the future for a moment. Let's just look at what's happening today:

A whopping 125 lakes in the Arctic have disappeared in the past few decades, backing up the idea that global warming is working fiendishly fast nearest Earth's poles. Research into the whereabouts of the missing Water points to the probability that permafrost underneath the lakes thawed out. When this normally permanently frozen ground thaws, the water in the lakes can seep through the soil, draining the lake--one researcher likened it to pulling the plug out of the bathtub. When the lakes disappear, the ecosystems they support also lose their home.

400,000 square miles of artic sea ice have melted in the last 30 years, far outpacing any previous melting, ever.

"The habitat of the polar bear is literally melting away under its feet," says John Kostyack of the National Wildlife Federation.

President Bush says:

"I recognise the surface of the earth is warmer and that an increase in greenhouse gases caused by humans is contributing to the problem," he said during a visit to Denmark en route to Gleneagles.

WAKE UP AMERICA!!! TAKE THE BLINDERS OFF!!! GET INFORMED!!!BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bitter: "squeezing cream cheese out of a tube"? I guess that means all her kids are little cheesecakes! Aaaaarrrrrgh!

The Shrub finally admits there's something to global warming, huh? like Jack (?) used to say... Yar, genius. :)

Did you read about the gal in Arkansas who just had her 17th kid? She says they want more. This woman has been pregnant for 10.5 years of her life. What is wrong with her? But I think giving birth for her is pretty much like squeezing cream cheese out of a tube.

:) Omigawd, her reproductives must be just so baggy by now that if she sneezes she risks having her womb fall out and dangle between her legs! :faint:I'll bet they probably don't have many hobbies. :phanvan

I say, why not?

Bummer that I was not able to join in when this thread was groovin!

I was searching for other information when I stumbled on this.