Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I was trying to say that Munchie is a freak for being a Harry Potter fan. :thumbup: But I'm just teasing! Just picking on her, that's all. :)

I bought the first HP book, and it's still sitting on the book shelf unread. I plan to read it one day. I've never seen the movies (and most likely never will) but I would like to at least read one of the books to see what all the hype is about.

oooh noooo Munckin, that is soo wrong of your mom! I grew up in a military family and married an Army guy and I KNOW you just can't do that. Shame on your mom, she needs to let your sister be the responsible adult that she is and let her live her own life. I feel terrible for your sister.

Oh no, are you one of those Harry Potter freaks? :thumbup:

I may have seriously misjudged you my dear Munch.

No, I'm not, but you have to admit the Cloak of Invisibility would come in AWFULLY handy sometimes!

I was trying to say that Munchie is a freak for being a Harry Potter fan. :) But I'm just teasing! Just picking on her, that's all. :D

I bought the first HP book, and it's still sitting on the book shelf unread. I plan to read it one day. I've never seen the movies (and most likely never will) but I would like to at least read one of the books to see what all the hype is about.

She's so mean to me. I'm gonna kick her butt if I meet up with her in NC.:thumbup: LOL!

oooh noooo Munckin, that is soo wrong of your mom! I grew up in a military family and married an Army guy and I KNOW you just can't do that. Shame on your mom, she needs to let your sister be the responsible adult that she is and let her live her own life. I feel terrible for your sister.

Yes, I feel terrible for her also. This is hard enough for her already, to know she has to leave for a year to go THERE, and leave her two girls behind. I know she is scared witless. Mommy dearest is not helping matters at all. If she makes my sister cry one more time.....

Oh I feel so bad for you and your sister. It has got to be hard enough to leave her kids, but to have to deal with your mom isn't good for her. She has to be able to know that her family is doing ok so she can take care of herself while deployed. Maybe your mom will change her mind and stay home so you two can have a good time together before she leaves.

She's so mean to me. I'm gonna kick her butt if I meet up with her in NC.:thumbup: LOL!

Munchie, are you kicking Jaime's butt or your Mom's?

Munchie, are you kicking Jaime's butt or your Mom's?

Jamies, but my mom needs a butt kicking too!!!

So, I set my alarm early so I would be up to get the mail to hopefully get my missing paycheck so I could take it to the bank before I go to work. The mail is always here by now. Not today! I called the post office and they said they had to split the routes all up and they will have carriers out until 7 and 8 pm. Great. Could one thing possibly go RIGHT this week?

I am superstitious about going to work tonight!!! Oh, and I just read my work email and found out we are getting our 4th new nurse manager that we have had in the 2 1/2 years I have worked there. Everytime we get a new nurse manager, everything changes all over again. It sucks!

Really, someday I will quit whining about EVERYTHING, I promise!! I just feel like nothing is going right lately!!:thumbup:

So, I set my alarm early so I would be up to get the mail to hopefully get my missing paycheck so I could take it to the bank before I go to work. The mail is always here by now. Not today! I called the post office and they said they had to split the routes all up and they will have carriers out until 7 and 8 pm. Great. Could one thing possibly go RIGHT this week?

I am superstitious about going to work tonight!!! Oh, and I just read my work email and found out we are getting our 4th new nurse manager that we have had in the 2 1/2 years I have worked there. Everytime we get a new nurse manager, everything changes all over again. It sucks!

Really, someday I will quit whining about EVERYTHING, I promise!! I just feel like nothing is going right lately!!:thumbup:

I hate new Nurse Managers too!

I worked in a NCU in NM and in 13 years we had 11 Nurse Managers!

I was the interim Manager and it was the worst job!!! Middle management sucks! AND NOT IN A NICE WAY!

My Dear! I hope your check arrives soon! That's nuts! How can all of these things be happening to you? Stay strong! Don't let these things get you down or drive you to the B&J!

mini- I am counting what the scale said yesterday which would be down .5 for this week I think. Not quite sure... oh well

The reason I am not counting to day is because of my FREAKIN' TOM!!!

I HATE IT!!!:thumbup::cursing::):cursing::D:cursing::drool::cursing::unsure::cursing:

Anyone else hate it as bad as I do? (notice I used 10 of the cursing smileys)

mini- I am counting what the scale said yesterday which would be down .5 for this week I think. Not quite sure... oh well

The reason I am not counting to day is because of my FREAKIN' TOM!!!

I HATE IT!!!:thumbup::cursing::):cursing::D:cursing::drool::cursing::unsure::cursing:

Anyone else hate it as bad as I do? (notice I used 10 of the cursing smileys)

Oh tell me about it! BUT right now, I wish I could just have that TOM! Instead try having 3 - going on 4 weeks of PMS! The Water retention, the depression - turning into the grumpies!

Hi ladies. Well, we're going to wait until morning to head to the tree house as my talk ran late.

Sorry you're having TOM stuff today, lotza. I would count yesterday's weight as well!

Munchie-what is up with your check, etc? Why does everything pile up at once? As for your mom . . . .wow. That's all I can say. Unbelievable. I really hope your sister uninvites her to NC.

dee-I just tested my BG for the first time. I got one of those meters that lets you test from your arm, etc. I tried to get blood from my fingers (3 different times!) and couldn't get any blood. I have little (no) circulation in my fingertips (terrible Raynaud's) and it just wouldn't come out, so I ended up using my forearm. Are those readings pretty accurate? Anyhoo, it was 160 after lunch. Not great, but not horrible. I'm just going to need to really watch everything I eat. I had a little bit of fruit with my lunch and that's probably not going to be okay. Damn. I love fruit.

dee-I just tested my BG for the first time. I got one of those meters that lets you test from your arm, etc. I tried to get blood from my fingers (3 different times!) and couldn't get any blood. I have little (no) circulation in my fingertips (terrible Raynaud's) and it just wouldn't come out, so I ended up using my forearm. Are those readings pretty accurate? Anyhoo, it was 160 after lunch. Not great, but not horrible. I'm just going to need to really watch everything I eat. I had a little bit of fruit with my lunch and that's probably not going to be okay. Damn. I love fruit.

Well Mini,

Those machines can be very inaccurate. Try washing your hands with really warm Water and then keeping them dependent -- don't poke the center of the finger tip, poke on the sides - between the center and the nail. (press your finger tip with your other finger and the sides that are exposed is where you should poke) Does that make sense? Anyway, warming your hands with the water and poking on the sides, helps. You can have fruit as long as you eat a Protein with it. I think of it this way (sorry, I should have been an elementary school teacher) the Protein are the parents -- the carbs are the kids -- you'd easily send the parents out on their own, but never send the kids out. -- So, always combine a carb with a protein. An apple with Peanut Butter (the sugar free kind) or 2% cheese for example is a good snack. If your 2 hour post-meal is 140 or less, that is ideal, but 160 or less is acceptable for someone with 'impaired glucose' (was your 160, exactly 2 hours after you took your last bite)

If I'm too teachy or preachy, just PM me and yell at me there... not here in front of all my friends. (k?):thumbup:

Big Hug Mini!:)

dee~

Well Mini,

Those machines can be very inaccurate. Try washing your hands with really warm Water and then keeping them dependent -- don't poke the center of the finger tip, poke on the sides - between the center and the nail. (press your finger tip with your other finger and the sides that are exposed is where you should poke) Does that make sense? Anyway, warming your hands with the water and poking on the sides, helps. You can have fruit as long as you eat a Protein with it. I think of it this way (sorry, I should have been an elementary school teacher) the Protein are the parents -- the carbs are the kids -- you'd easily send the parents out on their own, but never send the kids out. -- So, always combine a carb with a protein. An apple with Peanut Butter (the sugar free kind) or 2% cheese for example is a good snack. If your 2 hour post-meal is 140 or less, that is ideal, but 160 or less is acceptable for someone with 'impaired glucose' (was your 160, exactly 2 hours after you took your last bite)

If I'm too teachy or preachy, just PM me and yell at me there... not here in front of all my friends. (k?):bolt:

Big Hug Mini!:tt1:

dee~

NO!! You're not being teachy or preachy at all! It's very helpful! Good tip about the fingertips. I couldn't believe it was that hard.

I had chicken for lunch with the fruit. I was hoping it wouldn't have much impact. I'm going to test after every meal for awhile until I get a better idea of what I can and can't eat.