Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

NO!! You're not being teachy or preachy at all! It's very helpful! Good tip about the fingertips. I couldn't believe it was that hard.

I had chicken for lunch with the fruit. I was hoping it wouldn't have much impact. I'm going to test after every meal for awhile until I get a better idea of what I can and can't eat.

Thanks! And you're welcome!

I used my results to guide my diet after finding out I was pre-DM.

Make sure it's 2 hours after your meal. Any earlier won't be valuable

information. I'm not sure which machine you have, but the Aviva uses the tiniest amount of blood and the results are in 5 seconds. I don't have that one, but that's the one I used to Rx for my patients.

Thanks! And you're welcome!

I used my results to guide my diet after finding out I was pre-DM.

Make sure it's 2 hours after your meal. Any earlier won't be valuable

information. I'm not sure which machine you have, but the Aviva uses the tiniest amount of blood and the results are in 5 seconds. I don't have that one, but that's the one I used to Rx for my patients.

Well, it would have been exactly 2 hours but then I fumbled around for a good half hour trying to get blood from my fingers. I'll do better after dinner.< /p>

I got the Freestyle Lite. It only uses a teeny bit and takes five seconds, so I think it will be good. And it's little enough to carry around in my purse.

Well, it would have been exactly 2 hours but then I fumbled around for a good half hour trying to get blood from my fingers. I'll do better after dinner.

I got the Freestyle Lite. It only uses a teeny bit and takes five seconds, so I think it will be good. And it's little enough to carry around in my purse.

Excellent! I think you're on your way to good health and happiness!!!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Ok ladies-it is OFFICIAL. Everyone around me has gone CRAZY. My sister just called me and told me that my lunatic mother called her Lt. Colonel ANONYMOUSLY (but he has caller ID, duh!) telling him that my sister has gone crazy because she wants to deploy, and that she can't leave her kids, and that she is having marital problems.

I was like "WTF????????" Did she not stop to think that she is not going to get much sympathy from the Lt. Colonel because he DOESN'T CARE? He told her every Marine has to deploy, and that the Marine Corp does not care about her marriage! Waa haa haa!! Seriously, what is she thinking??? What did she think she was possibly going to gain from this?

She needs to quit messing with my sisters life!! She is 26 years old, I am pretty sure that qualifies as being an adult!!! My poor sister got called into his office after being on the range all day, and he was like "Some woman just called here anonymously from this number, blah blah blah." Talk about mortification for her!

I don't even know what to say to my mom, but I cannot let this go. I just can't. She needs to be stopped!!!!:bolt:

But it works out ok for me because now my sister really won't want her to come visit! (Oooh, I am a horrible daughter!)

OMG!!! I cannot believe your mother would do that!! Your poor sister must be mortified, I would be!

I am still pre banded but from what I've read here in the past year, having trouble swollowing is a sympton of maybe being a bit too tight. have you called your follow up doc yet...?, Can you drink okay? You have to stay hydrated as you prob know..:bolt:

Ok ladies-it is OFFICIAL. Everyone around me has gone CRAZY. My sister just called me and told me that my lunatic mother called her Lt. Colonel ANONYMOUSLY (but he has caller ID, duh!) telling him that my sister has gone crazy because she wants to deploy, and that she can't leave her kids, and that she is having marital problems.

I was like "WTF????????" Did she not stop to think that she is not going to get much sympathy from the Lt. Colonel because he DOESN'T CARE? He told her every Marine has to deploy, and that the Marine Corp does not care about her marriage! Waa haa haa!! Seriously, what is she thinking??? What did she think she was possibly going to gain from this?

She needs to quit messing with my sisters life!! She is 26 years old, I am pretty sure that qualifies as being an adult!!! My poor sister got called into his office after being on the range all day, and he was like "Some woman just called here anonymously from this number, blah blah blah." Talk about mortification for her!

I don't even know what to say to my mom, but I cannot let this go. I just can't. She needs to be stopped!!!!:thumbup:

But it works out ok for me because now my sister really won't want her to come visit! (Oooh, I am a horrible daughter!)

Oh my word! Are you flipping serious? Wow. I almost feel bad for your mom. She is obviously desperate and grasping at straws to keep her child home and safe. In her mind I am sure it is logical to do what she did.

I am still pre banded but from what I've read here in the past year, having trouble swollowing is a sympton of maybe being a bit too tight. have you called your follow up doc yet...?, Can you drink okay? You have to stay hydrated as you prob know..:bolt:
Who are you talking to?? sorry without a quote I am clueless. :tt1:

Aww thanks sweetums! =)

I think this last fill may be my first real experience with restriction. Tonight I went out for my sisters birthday and had one popper and 3/4 of a slice of pizza (I know.. baaad food but it was a birthday party) and I was done done done. Could not eat another bite. *crossing fingers* I may finally be at my sweet spot. Too early to tell.

I LOVE the Vivanno! I always get the chocolate banana one. So I can't speak for the orange mango banana one. It is expensive though but works in a pinch. Doesn't taste chalky to me at all. It has...

• one whole banana,

• a proprietary whey Protein and Fiber powder,

• choice of milk,

• and ice

•16 grams of protein,

• 5 grams of fiber

• 270 calories or less

• no artificial colors, artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn Syrup

Ha ha... how bout the new one now. Keeping y'all on your toes. hehehe. I just had some photos taken with the hubb... will attach a few. I can REALLY se my weighloss in my face. Body still sucks, but my face is darn cute! haha.

YEAH!! WTG girly. So proud of you. Hope you love/hate your trainer as much as I love hate mine. I just worked out with her again this morning. Wheeew she works me. I am going to the gym more and more though cuz she skeeers me. HAhahahaa.

Good luck! sounds like a GREAT plan! You can do it!!! It is easier to stick to it and not cheat when you know it is essential for a successful surgery to follow thru and do it right. I did my pre-op for a month and lost 20 pounds!

Take a deep breath!!! It is SO NORMAL to freak out!! My whole week before surgery I majorally freaked out! I was so close to saying forget it, but he had my $$$ ha ha ha. Seriously though, you will be so glad you did it.

As for the soap, he told me not to worry bout it when i asked him. So I just showered like normal.

Well maybe I still have enough fat protecting my port, but mine is a good inch or two below my bra line. They hang down near it (boo for saggy boobs) but the bra does run thankfully.

Adorkable! I love your pictures! Those are just adorable! I love 'em!

Thanks for sharing Missy!

Umm, I know whose house I'm not trick or treating at!!:bolt: MMMMMM, fiber chews!!

If you're not interested in the Fiber Chews I'll be passing out for Halloween, how about the Actical (calcium chews) or the Gas-X tabs? How about the Omega-3 Chews? They taste like Starbursts. I've got lots to choose from Munchie!

If you're not interested in the Fiber Chews I'll be passing out for Halloween, how about the Actical (calcium chews) or the Gas-X tabs? How about the Omega-3 Chews? They taste like Starbursts. I've got lots to choose from Munchie!

GasX! My favorites!!

GasX! My favorites!!

Well then it's settled - you'll trick or treat at my home. Wear a nice scary costume and I'll have the Gas-x ready for you!!!

Hey there Tangeray! What is happening with uptownmami?

So far, my only "issues" to overcome have been being able to be in bed for long periods of time while the swelling goes down (I used the ice pack up until about 3am this morning and yesterday the abdominal muscles were really tight. This morning the swelling seems be subsiding and it does feel good to get up and walk around for a few minutes every few hours. Gas hasn't been a big problem either. I've just been taking all the meds he prescribed as they were prescribed and also have adding the GasX strips.

I woke up with an allergy headache today because I forgot to get a pill crusher to be able to take that so we'll be going to pick one up today so I can take that and get rid of this headache. All in all, it's what I expected. Tight abdominal feeling, somewhat difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position (recliner or on your back is best) and last night I was finally able to sleep on my stomach for a while without any pain.

Today, I'm going to try to get out for a while and walk around and see how I do. I'll post more later

That is awesome! Glad you are doing so well. I'm still in shock as to how well you were doing 1st day post-op. Glad I was able to see the both of you. I'm not sure how uptown is...I have not yet heard from her. :tt1: I guess she was having trouble with swallowing and vomiting. I do hope she is doing better today.

I have calmed down today. I think you are so right about "freaking" myself out. I am my own worst enemy. Things will be fine and its only temporary, right? I am strong!:thumbup:

Heres to a comfortable and safe flight home! :bolt: Cheers!

HOT TUB?

Did anybody ask Dr. K how long you have to wait after surgery before going in a hot tub or pool? I have had the week from you-know-where, and really would like to go in my hot tub.

Today, went to car dealership for a new headlight bulb and an oil change.....$900 later... you know how that goes

Adork, Love your photos with your hubby. He's adorable and you two look great together.

Mini, I"m in a snit and refusing to get on the scale. Let me check in with you after I get my first fill next week.

Munch, it sounds like your mom is freaking out. Does she have a therapist or anybody she can talk to about her anxiety with having a child in the military? As a mom, I can only imagine....

Tally, look at your ticker! you Have made so much progress already!

Prty, thanks for the compliment on the lipstick. Have you read the book "How not to look old"? My girlfriend literally dragged me in to barnes and Noble and forced me to buy it. Great tips on not getting your look outdated.

Well that's it girls, glad it is the weekend. I was so freaked out at the dealership that I left my briefcase there, so have to go back first thing in the morning...grrrr. So, any advice on that hottub would be great. My surgery scars look very sealed to me.

HOT TUB?

Did anybody ask Dr. K how long you have to wait after surgery before going in a hot tub or pool? I have had the week from you-know-where, and really would like to go in my hot tub.

Today, went to car dealership for a new headlight bulb and an oil change.....$900 later... you know how that goes

Adork, Love your photos with your hubby. He's adorable and you two look great together.

Mini, I"m in a snit and refusing to get on the scale. Let me check in with you after I get my first fill next week.

Munch, it sounds like your mom is freaking out. Does she have a therapist or anybody she can talk to about her anxiety with having a child in the military? As a mom, I can only imagine....

Tally, look at your ticker! you Have made so much progress already!

Prty, thanks for the compliment on the lipstick. Have you read the book "How not to look old"? My girlfriend literally dragged me in to barnes and Noble and forced me to buy it. Great tips on not getting your look outdated.

Well that's it girls, glad it is the weekend. I was so freaked out at the dealership that I left my briefcase there, so have to go back first thing in the morning...grrrr. So, any advice on that hottub would be great. My surgery scars look very sealed to me.

Well, I'm not a doctor (not THAT kind of doctor anyway!) but I can't imagine that it would be a problem.