Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

It was just me, Natalie and some other gal...oh yeah and my hubby...

LOL!

I didn't read your post about giving Natalie a hug and to tell her you said hi, sorry. She said she had talked to S***** and I was thinking "who is that", then I was like oh yeah Dee!

I hope we can do another clothing swap, with more people, it is such a good idea!

You guys are cracking me up tonight!

Way to go AMI on those crunches!:confused_smile:

Denise -- Viewing the rep thingy is a complete mystery to me. I can give rep, but I have no idea how to read it! So wierd.

Mal -- You are SO not a failure. "Mal" and "failure" will not fit in the same sentence. No way. No how. Anyway, my kiddos INSIST on on having Hersey bars and they sit in the pantry and call my name, so I keep a stash of the South Beach high Protein Cereal bars handy -- 140 calories, 15 carbs and 10 grams protein -- love 'em just as much a Hesey bar. (Ok, I'm kinda lying, but it gets me through the craving.) The other "treat" that I have is Stoneyfield organic yogurt (22! grams of protein with 0! fat) mixed with a little lemon sugar-free pudding powder. This tastes very rich and so good.

Everybody have a great Memorial Day weekend. We are going out of town to a fossil festival (*cough*..nerd..*ahem*) so I should be walking, walking, walking to onederland by the time I'm back. Happy Memorial Day, banditos!

Happy Memorial Day to you too Nerd, ummm, oops, I mean Shelbi!

Have fun with the fossils!

When you return, we'll be awaiting the pretty toes on the scale in Onederland pictures!

I'll be here working my fingers to the bone!

We need to do another swap in the fall, when baseball is over and life is not so utterly crazy!!! I am glad you go to go and get some things Mal...I have turned into the thrift store queen. I hate buying clothes that I am only wearing for a month or two and then need to get new. It is fun though, I must say!

I have to get up on stage tonight for my sons 8th grade graduation, I actually won't be mortified or embarrassed by the way I look. That will be a first!

Dee- It is the "Willie Nelson" one and it is my new obession...JK. I like it and limit myself to a few spoonfuls every few days, or when I get a hair up my butt.

Mini- I thought is was going to take longer to, especially when I talked to people, they said that when you have a lower BMI it takes longer. So being the stubborn person I am, I decided to prove them wrong. I hope it works out for you. I am glad that I can be a inspiration for someone, it only took me 35 years to do it. You are having your band exactly 6 months after me, that is so cool.

We are going camping over the Holiday. Hope everyone has a great and relaxing weekend.

P.S. I have to glout (spelling) my daughter, Rachael, just got a huge award at school. It's called Huskie of the year. Only 1 boy and 1 girl per grade get it. I am so proud of her, she worked her hinny of to get it.:rolleyes2::lol:

We need to do another swap in the fall, when baseball is over and life is not so utterly crazy!!! I am glad you go to go and get some things Mal...I have turned into the thrift store queen. I hate buying clothes that I am only wearing for a month or two and then need to get new. It is fun though, I must say!

I have to get up on stage tonight for my sons 8th grade graduation, I actually won't be mortified or embarrassed by the way I look. That will be a first!

Brandy- I know what you mean about getting up on stage. We had my daughters v-ball party and I had to get up in front of all the parents, it felt good not to be the biggest parent in the room. You have come such a long way and we are all so proud of you.:rolleyes2:

AAAWWWW!!!! Your such a sweetie Denise.

You should be proud of YOU, look at well you have done!!!

I agree with you, I was lower BMI, but I was determined not to be a slow loser. No way, no how! I love how fast has worked. Although it is slowing down...how about you? Has it stalled yet?

Hello friends:

On my way to the gym yesterday I got a call daughter was in the ER with stomach pains. She had been up most of the night, unknown to me, and was very very sick. I went to the ER rather than to the gym. She is fine, the baby is fine, but she is very tired. Her mother in law is at my house staying with her for the day.

WHEW!

I will definately take photos of my toes for you all. Can do, no problem.

Didn't make it to the scale with all the drama yesterday.

I'll post back later today.

PR

Lap~When I started to read your post, I was so concerned for the baby. I am happy to hear that mommy and baby are doing well.

Hi!

Well, Dee, I looked over the Plateau Busters Diet. I'm seriously thinking of giving this a shot. I have still not lost any more weight. :crying: Is it okay if I ask where you found it? Was it something that Paula gave you?

Also, sorry I missed RR. I just suck lately. I didn't even have the right night, then when I saw I missed it, I felt too dumb to post for a while.:thumbup: And I see that we are at the end of yet another month...which means that another must be coming up?!!! No goofy weather to wreck it for me. (Oh I hope I didn't jinx it...this is colorado after all!)

I only have three more days of work...tomorrow, tues. and wed. Yippy Skippy! We've been busting our Buns trying to get that kitchen cleaned up. With as short as summer break is getting, it really only sits "dormant" for about 10 weeks. First "back to work meeting" is August 11. Waaaah! :drool:

Okay, I'm setting a short term goal today. Here in front of everyone. (this usually motivates me quite well, public commitment!) I want to weigh 178 at Dr. K's BBQ. This is a 15-17lb loss by the first week of August. I know that doesn't seem that much, but I've lost nothing for so long. I would really love to be down 100 lbs for this event. Maybe a small fill? Even resort to...OMG!...can hardly say it....eeeek!:thumbup:...exercise?? (even typing it makes me feel icky!)

Okay...gonna go and contemplate my weight. Have a sooooper night all! Keeping you all in my thoughts!

Oooo, Ooooo! I have a question! Does doing Wii Fit count as exercise?? I haven't gotten mine yet, but definately plan to.:crying:

Hi Woofay!

I'm so glad you posted tonight! Don't disappear!

I got the Plateau Buster diet from some other banders. I know I am not in a real, official plateau, but it's time for another fill and I'm afraid of gaining more weight, so I decided to do this to keep me on track! I had gone 2 weeks without losing anything. I wasn't being a good bander so I'm not surprised. I had to do something to get things in control.

Anyway, I have been on it strictly since Monday and I have lost 5 lbs. It was difficult the first day or two, but once I started eating all that I was allowed including the 2 Protein supplements, I was fine. It hasn't been difficult at all. In fact, yesterday at work, I had to make myself eat, because I wasn't hungry.

I'm a huge believer in eating a balanced diet. I was doing pretty well when I had restriction, I ate my protein first, veggies and good whole grain carbs and fruit everyday and I lost. But without restriction it's almost like the old days. I said, "Almost" --

I still can't eat or atleast I haven't tried to eat as much as I did previously, but I can eat 1 and a half cups with each meal, whereas before I couldn't!

I think losing 17 lbs by the first week of August is totally doable AND thank you so much for reminding me of the BBQ. I need to make sure I am off that weekend! Yikes! I need to go back and look at the post to verify the date!

Lapdancer!

I'm so glad to hear that your daughter and the baby are okay. When is your grandbaby due? I bet you're getting so excited!

I'm looking forward to seeing your pretty toe art!

Denise,

I totally agree with you about the Willie Nelson Peach Cobbler Ice Cream. I bought it on during a bad craving, took 2 bites of and it then put in the sink and poured hot Water over it! Ice Cream and Tortilla chips are my enemies, I can't even be in the same room with them!

Okay Folks!

Have a great evening!

I'm here watching Grey's Anatomy. It's a tear jerker!

Crying and eating my SF Jello with whipped cream on top!

Yumm!

Love,

dee~

SAVE THE DATE:

Dr. Kirshenbaum plans to host a Reunion for all of his Lap Band patients!

August 2, 2008, Saturday

Time and Place to be announced.

R.S.V.P. to Natalie @ ncardenas@lapbandrockies.com by

7-25-08 with your before and after pics.:blushing:

(I thought I better post this again as I needed to be reminded of the date!)

Everyone!

Woofay made me curious to see how many weeks til the BBQ. 10 weeks until the BBQ!

I'm going to try to lose 2lbs a week for the next 10 weeks!

Anyone else want to take the Ten Week BBQ Challenge with me?

We can start it this Saturday and post our losses every Saturday until the BBQ.

Anyone else interested? Just decide how much you want to lose and post every Saturday to let us know how it's going. You don't have to post your weight, just your losses.

P.S. I have to glout (spelling) my daughter, Rachael, just got a huge award at school. It's called Huskie of the year. Only 1 boy and 1 girl per grade get it. I am so proud of her, she worked her hinny of to get it.:thumbup::sad:

Denise that is awesome! :blushing:

Everyone!

Woofay made me curious to see how many weeks til the BBQ. 10 weeks until the BBQ!

I'm going to try to lose 2lbs a week for the next 10 weeks!

Anyone else want to take the Ten Week BBQ Challenge with me?

We can start it this Saturday and post our losses every Saturday until the BBQ.

Anyone else interested? Just decide how much you want to lose and post every Saturday to let us know how it's going. You don't have to post your weight, just your losses.

I would love to do the challenge... but I don't think I can make the reunion. Money is tight and hubby and I talked about it today and don't think we should stretch ourselves to attend. As much as I would love to meet everyone... it doesn't look like it will happen. :w00t:

On a happier note.. I finally started losing again! Only 1 pound... but I am thrilled to see the lowest number still on my scale. Yeah me. I have gone out for a run 3 times this week. I am so proud of myself for getting back on track with my 5K training. I would LOVE to join a gym because I really really miss the elliptical... but that isn't in the cards right now. So I will keep using the free city streets. lol