Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Ok, I see that picture and I think about how high the sides are on that outfit and that it would never work for me because I have a panus...that great roll of skin that hangs down on my abdomen. It would look just awful, but then if I look awful enough the insurance people will PAY me to go get surgery, eh?:confused_smile:

Hey! That just might work!

I am already having trouble with the french cut undies! (is that TMI?)

I can't imagine wearing that outfit -- and not getting some results!

They might pay for our plastics, just so that we never visit their office dressed that way again!

Good Morning Mal!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

How's Christopher doing?

I just wanted to post my meal plan for the day! Our first day together on the Plateau Buster's diet! Let's rock this thing!!!

S- 1/2 Low Carb Slim Fast Protein Drink (only drank it because I had to work out and take my meds!)

B- 1 egg, 1 Morningstar Farms Breakfast Sausage

S-1/2 cup cottage cheese

L- 3 oz of Turkey patty

S-1 scrambled egg with Low fat Cream cheese (I love eggs!)

D- 3 oz chicken

S- SF Jello (yum! - if I crave something good)

35 mins of Recumbent Cycling

PLAN/Intention! Drink my 96 oz of Water (some with crystal light)

I weighed this morning so I have a starting point.

Hey Dee!

Well, I ate absolutly terribly this weekend and now I am ready to start this P diet!

I am not disciplined enough to pre-plan my meals, I wish I was!

This is what I have had so far...

B~Atkins shake

S~HB egg (kind of hung there for a while, then it got stuck!)

L~chicken patty

S~1/2 yogurt

D~??

S~??

I plan on walking Buster our usual 3 mile walk and water??? as always, by my side!

I weighed this moring too....here we go sistah!!! I have to go back and print the diet.

Oh, thanks for asking about Chris. He wouldn't wake up so I could take him to the urgent care. I think he will be fine...he CAN walk...LOL. I had sooo much to do this weekend that if he wanted to go, he had to get up early, he didn't so we didn't go and I haven't heard him complain and as a matter of fact, he ended up skating yesterday.

:confused_smile:

Sidney~How are you feeling today?

Shelbie~you have done so amazingly great...please share some tips!

Anyone going to the clothing swap on Wednesday???

I'd love to go to the clothing Swap, but I'm working that day til 1930.

Are you planning on going?

Sounds like your first day is going well! At RR, Lifesaver was telling us that if you get 15 mins of work out in in the evening that your metabolism works through the night while you're sleeping and you burn more calories. So I'm going to try to get 15 mins of cycling in each evening. I used to do it once in a while, but I'm going to do it again -- hopefully it will keep me from wanting to eat!

I'm not that disciplined either, but I know myself and if I don't have things planned and prep'd, I will cheat! I'll get hungry and eat something I shouldn't.

I just made a bunch of 3 oz ground beef and ground turkey patties. I need to get to the store and get more yogurt.

Hope your day is going well! Thanks for doing the PB diet with me!!!

Lapdancer, thanks for your reply, but no forum jump showed up here; it took me to a space that "unscribed" me...not so good. Maybe you could just write out the address for me?

I sent my first communication to Dr. K's office; hopefully, I will hear soon. This is all very scary for me at my age...57...as the OHSU personnel made it sound as if one is over 50 it is questionable to be approved for surgery. Has anyone else had that experience?

Thanks sooo much for responding.

This link is at the very very very bottom of this page. Click the FORUM JUMP box arrow and open up the box. Otherwise tell me what you are looking for and I'll do a search for you.

Dee..thanks for that. I appreciate it.

"What type of substance abuse..."

"You know that's rather personal and when I say addiction it's all relative"...

Dear Lap,

You are officially my hero. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I resent the insurance companies for thinking that EVERYTHING is their business and they have a right control every medical decision.

You so totally rock! :thumbup:

Natalie said that she has not heard from anyone for the clothing swap....awwww man! I hope there is a next time!

Dee! This P diet is HARD!!! I did fine all day, now I want to eat EVERYTHING! I always get soooooo hungry after working out, it has always been a problem for me. I decided to go to the gym, did my cardio and weights, drank lots of Water, came home ate pork roast (I hope that was on the list) and now I am hungry! I hope I make it through the night! Gosh, it's the first day....I suck!

Sidney~How are you feeling today?

Shelbie~you have done so amazingly great...please share some tips!

Me?

Are you sure you mean me?

Gee, "amazingly great"? I don't think anybody's said anything remotely that nice about me in a long, long time. Thanks, Mal!!!

Tips? Well, I'd say the biggest plus for me is coming here to stay in touch and feeling like I've got some traveling companions on this life journey. Another is not allowing myself to be negative about everything I do the way that I have been in the past. (Forgiving myself has been big for me!) And lastly, I keep reminding myself that I've made a huge financial investment in my health with this band and I am determined not to have wasted this $$!!

Other than that I'm constantly stealing ideas from you guys and trying to make them work for me. :thumbup:

Everyone have a good night and a healthy tomorrow with good choices all around!

Natalie said that she has not heard from anyone for the clothing swap....awwww man! I hope there is a next time!

Dee! This P diet is HARD!!! I did fine all day, now I want to eat EVERYTHING! I always get soooooo hungry after working out, it has always been a problem for me. I decided to go to the gym, did my cardio and weights, drank lots of Water, came home ate pork roast (I hope that was on the list) and now I am hungry! I hope I make it through the night! Gosh, it's the first day....I suck!

Mal!

I'm with you Dude!

I just had some SF Jello with SF/FF Whip Cream. I feel like eating everything! ANYTHING! I'm sucking tonight too! AND not in a good way!

Sorry!

I might have some more Jello! That stuff is like air!

Too bad they aren't jello shots!

Stick with it Girl! We can do it! I know we can!

Only 9 Days Left!

BTW, that sucks for the clothing swap! That's really too bad! Even though I couldn't go! AND Mal, you can eat anything else on the list that you want! cheese, more pork roast, cottage cheese....

Edited by Tied2BFit
same ole same ole~

Me?

Are you sure you mean me?

Gee, "amazingly great"? I don't think anybody's said anything remotely that nice about me in a long, long time. Thanks, Mal!!!

Tips? Well, I'd say the biggest plus for me is coming here to stay in touch and feeling like I've got some traveling companions on this life journey. Another is not allowing myself to be negative about everything I do the way that I have been in the past. (Forgiving myself has been big for me!) And lastly, I keep reminding myself that I've made a huge financial investment in my health with this band and I am determined not to have wasted this $$!!

Other than that I'm constantly stealing ideas from you guys and trying to make them work for me. :thumbup:

Everyone have a good night and a healthy tomorrow with good choices all around!

Shelbi,

Mal is right! You are doing amazingly great and you're always so positive and sweet! I love your posts!

AND I am proud to have you sitting by my side on the Loser's Bench!

Except when you keep poking me with your elbow! Ouch!

Seriously, this is a journey and taking that journey with people like you -- makes the journey all the more awesome!

Hugs Shelbi-girl~

dee~

Shelbi,

Mal is right! You are doing amazingly great and you're always so positive and sweet! I love your posts!

AND I am proud to have you sitting by my side on the Loser's Bench!

Except when you keep poking me with your elbow! Ouch!

Seriously, this is a journey and taking that journey with people like you -- makes the journey all the more awesome!

Hugs Shelbi-girl~

dee~

Ah, Dee, you make me blush!:thumbup:

Thank you for your very kind words and for inspiring me every day.

Being your bench mate is quite the honor.

(I'm working on the elbowing but like mama said..this "child just cain't keep to 'erself." :))

I am at 201 this morning. Down only .8 ! Feeling desperate for my Memorial Day Goal, but pushing the negative thoughts away that have always sabotaged me. The rest of this week is about Water, Protein, watching the carbs and moving! I know I am PMSing and bloated, so I've got to avoid the salt that I am craving and maybe I'll release the 2 pounds that I'm holding on to.

Everbody please take a second to check in -- I worry about you if you don't post in awhile. I'm not naming names, but you know who you are. Now don't make me come back there.........:)

Shelbi you are thisclose to onederunder. It's going to happen this week, I can feel it!!!!

I second this: Everbody please take a second to check in -- I worry about you if you don't post in awhile. I'm not naming names, but you know who you are. Now don't make me come back there.........:thumbup:

..................................................................................

Going to go jump on the scale and see where I am at today. I have had great portion control; the band is most definately doing its job.

Dee I think I will follow your meal plan, what did you call it? the plateau buster??? just for something different. My metabolism is way down because...I don't exercise!!! Start that TOMORROW TOMORROW (call me 'Annie') Appoinment at 11:30 with the trainer. Woo hoo!

Shelbi you are thisclose to onederunder. It's going to happen this week, I can feel it!!!!

I second this: Everbody please take a second to check in -- I worry about you if you don't post in awhile. I'm not naming names, but you know who you are. Now don't make me come back there.........:hand:

..................................................................................

Going to go jump on the scale and see where I am at today. I have had great portion control; the band is most definately doing its job.

Dee I think I will follow your meal plan, what did you call it? the plateau buster??? just for something different. My metabolism is way down because...I don't exercise!!! Start that TOMORROW TOMORROW (call me 'Annie') Appoinment at 11:30 with the trainer. Woo hoo!

You go girl! With a trainer! I'm serious! You're a better woman than me! I can't do it! I'd be crying and he'd have a hott little outfit on and a big whip! OH! That might do the trick actually! Do they make little sexy outfits like that for Dom Boys? Someone stop me!:ohmy:

Okay back!:wink2:

sheesh! It was getting really warm in here! :biggrin:

The Plateau Buster diet is good for a 10 day revive! I had gained a little weight and this morning, I'm down 2 lbs. I had lost all that weight last month, gained and then couldn't get the scale to move for over 2 weeks. I know that is not technically a plateau, BUT for me it was scary! Gaining and then staying there day after day after day! I had to do something!

I've got your back LapDancer!

dee~