Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Long post today.

HELLLLLOOOOO! I'm still kicking here. You all are reading good, better and inbetween. Love to read your updates thanks always for sharing.

How to break a plat. Drink 25 grams of Protein Shots with a bottle of Water on your way to work. Midmorning snack is a 20 gram Protein Bar. By noon the old constitution should be rolling along if you catch my drift. Dinner...eat dinner like you typically would on the plan.

Still hungry?

Miss the old foods? Keep in mind my number one muncher at Outback was the fries with cheese..hey, Protein right? After that, the onion from Chilis...vegetables right? No wonder I got so fat!

Check this out from Men's Health:

2. Worst Starter

Chili's Awesome Blossom

worststarter.jpg

2,710 calories

203 g fat

194 g carbs

6,360 mg sodium

It takes a special talent to turn a single oversized onion into the fat equivalent of 67 slices of bacon, but the line cooks at Chili's manage this horrific feat with the help of a thick batter, a calorie-loaded dipping sauce, and a vat of bubbling fat.

• 1. The Worst food in America
  • 1. The Worst Food in America

Outback Steakhouse Aussie cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing

worstfood.jpg

2,900 calories
    182 g fat
    240 g carbs

This weapon of mass construction is the caloric equivalent of eating 14 Krispy Kreme doughnuts, before your dinner arrives. Even if you split this "starter" with 3 friends, you'll have downed a meal's worth of calories.

Super Substitution: Both the Seared Ahi and the Shrimp on the Barbie offer a big dose of protein, which helps diminish hunger without putting you into calorie overload.

One final annoucement........

I have joined a health club/gym.

Yes

Yes

it's true.

Me, the one who hates exercise, has secured a personal trainer on my low key low start journey into exercise.

here we go.......

One final annoucement........

I have joined a health club/gym.

Yes

Yes

it's true.

Me, the one who hates exercise, has secured a personal trainer on my low key low start journey into exercise.

here we go.......

Good for you Sister!

I am so proud of you! That's a huge step!

I can't say I would do the same, I hate being told to do something.

I think it's from my childhood, when I had to wash dishes and clean bathrooms! :thumbup:

See ya, dee~:w00t:

Yes, Honey!

I'm PMS'g so right now I could eat a horse, a squirrel and a small dog.

I'm not sure they're all band friendly, but I'd try!:thumbup:

Ok this had me giggling... the thought of you trying to stuff a squirrel past your band. Bwahahahaaa. =)

kcgirliegirl~ Welcome... welcome. I too had a long journey from when I started researching to when I finally decided to bite the bullet and self pay. You chose an excellent surgeon! =) I am excited for you.

marcy~ Holy crud on the milk price! Yowwzers!! That is insane. I also can't believe how much you pay for gas considering we pipe so much from Alaska and Canada. Ironic.

I am so glad you are doing well and feeling good. =)

Lap~ Yeah on the health club joining. I NEED to do the same. I NEED to get my butt kicked into gear. I have been slacking, slacking on the exercise portion of this. I am so proud of you. =) You go girl!

As for me ladies.... I am doing good today. I am came into work tonight to find out it is Police Week so there is food galore all through the department. :w00t: Right now as I type there are four different kinds of Cookies right behind me on the counter in comm. Four. Including my favorite... soft and chewy white macadamia nut. Oh the horror. Ack! :smile:

BUT I am feeling STRONG... and have made a goal for myself not to have ONE DAMN COOKIE tonight. It is going to be HARD hard HARD.... but I know I will feel so much stronger when my 10 hour shift is over and I stuck to my guns. :lol:

Damn those evil cookies!!! Don't let them sneak up on you. They sometimes hop in your mouth when you're not looking.

MARCY!! Nice to hear from you! I am about in the same spot you are in, I am trying to get my butt back into the excitement I had months ago. I still excercise almost every day, I don't eat nearly as much as I used too, I do make bad food choices sometimes. I am going to try this Plateau diet that Dee suggested and try to get back in for another fill soon.

If you are happy than that is what is important. Be happy and be healthy. I am not so happy but a lot healthier than I was a year ago!

I am not sure about a charge for Paula this far out??? I don't think there is...anyone else know??

$7.49 for a gallon of milk!!! YIKES!! My house goes through about 2 to 4 gallons a week! and the gas, I feel the pain there! I drive a Suburban, the gas staions out here shut off at 75$, so unless I do two transactions, which I normally won't, that won't fill my tank! I think it would take about $120-$130ish to fill it. I sooooooo want to get a smart car, my hubby thinks they are silly.

awwwww, your baby chicks....

How is the hubby doing and the kiddo's??

When are you coming to visit your sister again?

Sorry my dear...it was my sister's friend that we stayed with in Aurora...my sister came with me as my "nurse". We don't have any plans to go back to Denver even though I offer my services as a nurse if one of my friends is interested in the Band

I drive an Exploder and fill up about every two weeks. Our pumps used to have a $75 shut off, but not any more. It usually costs me about $65 every two weeks, but summer means the roads are open and I'll be driving a bit more to go fishing in the rivers. I'm switching to powdered milk for a while to ease up on the grocery bill!

My friend (and her sister) who just got the gastric sleeve done are recoving very well and are still on a liquid diet, although they've been given the go-ahead to eat mushies. They are both glad they did it and have lost about 25lbs. each (but I'm sure that has EVERYTHING to do with the liq. diet).

I'm going to try a plateau buster diet, but I need to get a little motivated...maybe I'll be motivated after crawling around in the greenhouse building the indoor part of my chicken coop! Haha!:thumbup:

Husband is good, but he just weighed himself and is at his highest ever. I've noticed that he's become an emotional eater so I'm trying to keep the crap out of the house so he doesn't have that as an option.

Kids are crazy as usual! My 8yr old was just tested for being a genius - well, he's not quite a genius, but he's finishing 2nd grade, but tested ahe 5th-6th grade level....we're not sure what to do with him. Home schooling is not an option for me and there is no gifted/talented program here. They're going to try to put him in 3rd grade and go up to another grade for academics...like having a home-room. I don't really want him to skip a grade...we'll see!:w00t:

When I get home tonight, I'll resize my picture!

Sorry!

Gotta get to work now!

See ya, dee~

You all look wonderful ladies!!! I look forward to the RR pic every month -- thanks for sharing, Dee, and have a good day at work.

Lap -- way to go on joining the gym!!

Marcy -- forget the chicks, buy a dairy cow for the green house this year!

Brandy -- where are you?

Happy Friday, banditos, wherever you are this weekend I'm wishing you sunny skies and beautiful weather -- let's get out and move this weekend!

Today is the first day of my Plataeu Buster's Diet!

I wanted to post my eating plan if anyone wants to join me.

S- Low Carb Slim Fast Protein Shake (20 gr. protein)

B- 2 eggs (13 gr. protein)

S- 2oz of Morningstar Farms Breakfast Sausage (20gr. protein)

L-3oz of grilled chicken (leftover from RR) (25gr. protein)

S-Activia Yogurt Lowfat/splenda (5 gr. protein)

D-3oz of ground turkey patty (23 gr. protein)

S-dandilion tea w/lemon and splenda cranjuice

Total protein: 106 grams!

94oz of Water planned

Rode my recumbent bike for 35 mins this morning!

(thus the reason, I couldn't figure out how to resize the RR picture!)

Thanks Shelbi! Aren't we just lovely? I love all of our faces! It was so nice to see Mal, Bookholder, Lifesaver and it was great to meet Denise! I hope Anita and Michelle and Marilyn can come next time!!!

If anyone, can capture my picture and resize it and then repost it, I'd love you forever!!!:thumbup::w00t:

Edited by Tied2BFit
wanted to add the protein grams for each item!

Do you have clothes that just don't fit right, now that you've lost those ugly pounds?:w00t:

Come to Dr. Kirshenbaum's office:sneaky:

May 21st @ 6pm to 7:30pm:tongue_smilie:

and swap them with other successful Banders!:thumbup:

Please email Natalie if you plan to attend! ncardenas@lapbandrockies.com

Thanks!!!

What a beautiful group at RR and new faces too! What is amazing is that we bandsters have a special glow, that tells us life hasn't defeated us, but we are rising above it all. Just BEAUTIFUL!

Dee - I see changes in your face. It is coming my dear.

Mal - you look fabulous! Yeah!

About me - well love...love....love.....

Not paying as much attention to food, but thank God for the band, I can't overeat. He loves me and my body which is a great relief.

I am also still working out. That has become the constant best for my diet. So all you people that are gym joining you will love it. I looked and interviewed a number of trainers before I chose mine. They are not all equal. Sarah is a cheerleader, that is what I needed. She is very aware that if I hurt, I won't want to exercise. She sets realistic goals, modifies based on my feedback and gently prods me to be the best I can be. Sarah is very encouraging.

My guy is wonderful. He likes to have fun, smiles and is optimistic. Perfect for me. :thumbup:

Hugs to all,

Michelle

Dee~Good job on the P Diet! You are better than inspirational! I will start the Plataeu diet with you....on Monday! I have graduation parties this weekend and a family BBQ for a nephew that is coming in from California. Monday will bring me back to my ho-hum life and I will be ready to try and kick start my ever lasting plataeu!

anyone notice my nut job hubby peeking over my shoulder in our picture? When we used to live in DC, he would always try to sneak into peoples vacation pictures...he is a riot! '

Who is going to the clothing swap? i would like to do it, i think it is a great idea. I just have to clean out the closet now!

Lap~Congrats on joining a gym, I know you will love it! When is the grandbaby due?

Dynamo~Thanks for the compliment, I don't think I have changed at all since the last time I saw you. I probably even had tht stupid hat on too! I just don't have time to do my hair before RR nights. Stuffing in a hat makes it easier and faster! Kudo's to you for keeping up with the gym! I was sooo mad at myself, I wore my workout shoes to the dog park...in the MUD!!! I don't know why I did that, now my VERY pricey gym shoes are loaded with mudd and I didn't make it to the gym yesterday...but I did take Buster for our 3 mile walk, and today I am washing my gym shoes! Keep it going Michelle! My Chris said that he swore he saw you at RR the night we were there. It was pretty funny, he said "mom, I KNOW it was her." Oh yeah and Michelle, it has been months since my last cig...probably 4 or 5, I don't even keep track anymore!

Marcy~I remember now, it was a friend you came to stay with!!...sorry!

Woofay~How many more days 'til school's out?

Shelbie~You are AWESOME!

Dee~Good job on the P Diet! You are better than inspirational! I will start the Plataeu diet with you....on Monday! I have graduation parties this weekend and a family BBQ for a nephew that is coming in from California. Monday will bring me back to my ho-hum life and I will be ready to try and kick start my ever lasting plataeu!

anyone notice my nut job hubby peeking over my shoulder in our picture? When we used to live in DC, he would always try to sneak into peoples vacation pictures...he is a riot! '

Who is going to the clothing swap? i would like to do it, i think it is a great idea. I just have to clean out the closet now!

Lap~Congrats on joining a gym, I know you will love it! When is the grandbaby due?

Dynamo~Thanks for the compliment, I don't think I have changed at all since the last time I saw you. I probably even had tht stupid hat on too! I just don't have time to do my hair before RR nights. Stuffing in a hat makes it easier and faster! Kudo's to you for keeping up with the gym! I was sooo mad at myself, I wore my workout shoes to the dog park...in the MUD!!! I don't know why I did that, now my VERY pricey gym shoes are loaded with mudd and I didn't make it to the gym yesterday...but I did take Buster for our 3 mile walk, and today I am washing my gym shoes! Keep it going Michelle! My Chris said that he swore he saw you at RR the night we were there. It was pretty funny, he said "mom, I KNOW it was her." Oh yeah and Michelle, it has been months since my last cig...probably 4 or 5, I don't even keep track anymore!

Marcy~I remember now, it was a friend you came to stay with!!...sorry!

Woofay~How many more days 'til school's out?

Shelbie~You are AWESOME!

Yes! I saw him in the picture! Isn't that funny? What a funny guy your husband is!

I'll try to resize the picture when I get home tonight. Sorry it's so big!

When we post our meals, exercise and Water consumption, if you have questions just post them. I think it's a good variety, considering it's so much Protein.< /p>

Long post today.

HELLLLLOOOOO! I'm still kicking here. You all are reading good, better and inbetween. Love to read your updates thanks always for sharing.

How to break a plat. Drink 25 grams of Protein Shots with a bottle of Water on your way to work. Midmorning snack is a 20 gram Protein bar. By noon the old constitution should be rolling along if you catch my drift. Dinner...eat dinner like you typically would on the plan.

Still hungry?

Miss the old foods? Keep in mind my number one muncher at Outback was the fries with cheese..hey, protein right? After that, the onion from Chilis...vegetables right? No wonder I got so fat!

Check this out from Men's Health:

2. Worst Starter

Chili's Awesome Blossom

worststarter.jpg

2,710 calories

203 g fat

194 g carbs

6,360 mg sodium

It takes a special talent to turn a single oversized onion into the fat equivalent of 67 slices of bacon, but the line cooks at Chili's manage this horrific feat with the help of a thick batter, a calorie-loaded dipping sauce, and a vat of bubbling fat.

• 1. The Worst food in America
  • 1. The Worst Food in America

Outback Steakhouse Aussie cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing

worstfood.jpg

2,900 calories
    182 g fat
    240 g carbs

This weapon of mass construction is the caloric equivalent of eating 14 Krispy Kreme doughnuts, before your dinner arrives. Even if you split this "starter" with 3 friends, you'll have downed a meal's worth of calories.

Super Substitution: Both the Seared Ahi and the Shrimp on the Barbie offer a big dose of protein, which helps diminish hunger without putting you into calorie overload.

Eat This, Not That! I bought that book, VERY interesting read!:thumbup:

Great picture everyone!!! =) Wish I could meet y'all. Mal... I didn't notice your hubby but went back to look. Too funny! What a nut. That is something my hubby would do. lol

Dee... great work on the plateau buster diet. You rock! So proud of you. =)

I managed to steer clear of the evil Cookies at work last night. I am so proud of myself. Sounds silly, but it was hard. Then I felt insired by Lap's joining a gym so I started back up on my 5K training today. Feels so good to be unning again. =)

I am also reining in on my food. I have had too many chips, potato salads and Desserts over the past 2 weeks. Tonight I am back on the band wagon with Salmon and Broccoli for dinner. =) I hope to see the scale finally move by my next weigh in.