Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I have to tell you Lap, you look great!

There is a big difference in your pictures! You look younger!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your daughter's shower.

I love baby showers!

Okay more photos from yesterday of my current MUG (this is my quota for a while) including the flash shot which shows all the details...

IMG_1795.JPG?imgmax=512

IMG_1778.JPG?imgmax=512

IMG_1773.JPG?imgmax=512

IMG_1801.JPG?imgmax=512

IMG_1783.JPG?imgmax=512

Edited by Lap_dancer

Lap-- Amazing transformation -- you look so beautiful! I love your toe shot, too!

Dee -- Count me in for 20 pounds in the challenge, hope it's not too

late to chime in.

Woofay -- Glad to see your post; I've been wondering how you've been.

Grammy Mini -- Congrats on the grandbaby!

I just got in, so I haven't had time to go through all the posts since I've been away. I did have my toes all ready for their onederland debut, but after scraping all the polish on my big toe while falling up the stairs (long, ungraceful story there) I'm going to have to get another pedicure (oh darn :unsure:) before the picture. I have avoided the scales since my choices weren't the best this weekend -- but I did good on the portions, so we'll see at my weigh in tommorrow morning if the scales are going to be my friend!

Have a good night everyone!

Wait Shelbi!

You fell UP the stairs?

Are you okay?

My middle name is 'Miss Grace - NOT" -- I hope you didn't hurt yourself!

do you only weigh yourself once a week? I weigh everyday, but I only record my tuesday weights. I was banded on a Tuesday, so it makes my excel graph more accurate.

Did you at least have a good time?

I miss family vacations!

Hey Banditos

Congrats to grandmas recent and soon to be. I'm jealous. My daughter isn't married yet and no prospects so I'm still a long way off from that joy in life.

I loved the toes Lap and you are looking so beautiful.

Please put me down for 20 lbs in 10 weeks. I'm a little concerned because I have only lost 3 lbs since surgery 5/14. I'm a little low on the BMI scale but have 2 obesity related problems - diabetes & high blood pressure. I had uterine cancer 5 years ago so there are those hysterectomy issues as well. But I want to do well with this. I'm trying to be patient and Natalie said not to expect much loss until I get my first fill. It is so encouraging to come here and see and hear how everyone is doing. Thanks for spurring us on both new to this and not so new. I really look forward to "hearing" how everyone is doing.

Dee - I love the Protein plateau results you are getting and admire your diligence to stick with it.

I think I will move up a step in eating because I have been hungry for the last couple of days. But maybe I'll add a Protein Drink in the afternoon. After all that's what Paula told me to do from now on - drink (for now) or eat protein mid morning, mid afternoon and between dinner and bedtime. I'm not always good about doing what I'm told but that is something I'm working to change. She's the expert not me!

Sidann,

Don't be concerned if you don't lose until your first fill. Natalie is totally correct about that. There is a little something, we banders, call, "Bandster H*ll" -- it's the time after your post op swelling decreased and before you have your first fill. You will be absolutely starving! That's perfectly normal! Just stick to your Bander Rules about eating your protein first at every meal and do your protein between meal supplements if you get hungry early. Don't get discouraged, this too shall pass!

Eating those Proteins can really help with keeping your tummy satiated longer. But hunger during this time is very normal... so don't be scared!

Only 3 more days til I get my fill! I can't wait! I need my fruit! I'm dying --- if you know what I mean!

I'm working my last of 4 in a row and I am starting to tire. In the old days, I used to do 5 nights in a row, then I got fat, fatter and fattest and I could only do 1 in a row! So I'm back to doing my shifts together and it makes my time off, much better!

I have got to get some help for my depression. I have to wonder if my hormones are trying to adjust to my weight loss.

Hey Pretty Lady!:unsure:

Thanks for the pictures!

You are looking great!:thumbup:

My favorite one is the first one you sent with the three of you in the car!

Love,

dee~

Wow, I was away from my computer for 1 day and all sorts of exciting things are happening on here! Lap, you look fantastic, as do your toes. Wow, the difference between the first photo you have posted and the new ones are amazing! And congrats on the upcoming little one! We had to leave our brand new little grandson and come home (damn!). It was so much fun to hold him . . . I only wish we were closer (10+ hour drive). I would love to be a doting grammy but it will be tough with him so far away.

I hope the challenge goes well for everyone. What a great idea! Can't wait till I can participate. I feel like July 2nd will never come.

Mini CONGRATS to you. That's fantastic.

Who else is going to be a grandparent???? I thought I read something earlier.

Everyone thank you for the nice messages. Its really kind of you to be so encouraging. When you have UBER amounts of weight to lose, it takes a huge drop for people to notice.

My skin did clear up some. It seems hydrated more.

Everyone have a grand week.

I love to read this thread... it is so much fun you all are so supportive of each other it is great!!!... I am still in the deciding phase and was wondering what your thought were on the Dr and his process in general. I can guess that most of ya must like him or there would be post after post of dislike as I do not think ya'll hold back on your thoughts :) but wondered if get some Dr feedback please ... again thanks for the great read you ladies make this process seem less daunting !!!

I love to read this thread... it is so much fun you all are so supportive of each other it is great!!!... I am still in the deciding phase and was wondering what your thought were on the Dr and his process in general. I can guess that most of ya must like him or there would be post after post of dislike as I do not think ya'll hold back on your thoughts :) but wondered if get some Dr feedback please ... again thanks for the great read you ladies make this process seem less daunting !!!

Well, let me tell you about our Dr. Kirshenbaum!

He truly is a good, sincere man. He cares deeply for his patients and their well-being. This is evidenced by his behavior and the way he will go out of his way to make things happen for you. I had a difficult situation and Dr. K worked diligently for my surgery to happen. When I was finally banded, I could see he was just as pleased as I was.

I have been blessed to have found him.

Being nice and caring is great in a doctor, BUT what is almost more important is experience and skill. Dr. K is very experienced and very skilled with laprascopic surgery. We are all pleased with our care.

Go in and talk to him in person, if you live in this area. If not, do a phone consult and you will see for yourself.

Also, the icing on the cake is his office staff. Natalie his coordinator is a band patient of his also. She's very sweet and very helpful.

They have been my cheerleaders and having them in my corner has made my journey that much sweeter!

Good Luck!

dee~

Oh my goodness...I don't read for awhile and the activity has just exploded on this thread. I am so glad to see everybody's lovely faces -- the RR gathering and all of the beautiful pictures of Lapdancer and her family.

Woofay, my husband gave me a Wii & Wii Fit for my birthday. We were already video gamers, so we have some games we play together on the Wii now, which is great. And the Fit is fantastic! Definitely counts as exercise. I work up a sweat doing hula hooping, step aerobics, jogging and rhythm boxing. I also enjoy the yoga poses, strength exercises and balance games. Can't do all of the poses or strength exercises...yet...but I will get there. It's a lot of fun, doesn't feel so much like exercise and the more you do, the more games and activities you unlock. So there's my ringing endorsement!

This is the last week of the Swimsuit Bootcamp Challenge on SparkPeople. 30 mins of cardio 5 days a week, plus at least one 10-minute video on the site every single day. This is more exercise than I have done in, well, forever...and strangely, I am loving it and looking forward to it. I plan to keep it up after the challenge is over.

I had my third fill last week by my very attractive fill doctor. Sigh. He told me that I was doing great and was kind of reluctant to give me a fill at all, but I told him I was starting to get those between meal munchies and wanted to keep up my momentum, so I got 0.3 cc. It was enough to make a difference.

Now if I can just resist my hubby's "let's get fast food" moments. I do most of the time...but on Sunday afternoon, after shopping and walking at the park, I could not. I've discovered that if I eat too much fast food, I immediately feel bloated and, well, gassy. No fun at all. Must keep in mind that the good taste is not worth the gross feeling later.

Otherwise, I am doing really well. I hope everyone else is too and that you all had a nice long weekend (if you got yesterday off). :)

I love to read this thread... it is so much fun you all are so supportive of each other it is great!!!... I am still in the deciding phase and was wondering what your thought were on the Dr and his process in general. I can guess that most of ya must like him or there would be post after post of dislike as I do not think ya'll hold back on your thoughts :smile2: but wondered if get some Dr feedback please ... again thanks for the great read you ladies make this process seem less daunting !!!

Hello clucky: I can tell you about me and what I went through. I believe each person should see if this is a good fit for their life. You should also feel comfortable with the doctor and staff.

I topped out at a known weight of 389. I personally think I hit 400 but had no scale to weigh me at that time. I tried loads of diets, diet clubs, pills, and I just kept getting fatter when I tried to resume a normal life. My biggest problem was the constant hunger I felt. I did not get FULL like normal people feel. When I read about the procedure I READ about it. I did loads of research, this was in 2006, and started the process with another doctor here in my homestate. He had only done a few Lap-Bands but was pushing me to have a gastric bypass (red flag number one). I was not wanting my organs to be cut. It was like he was trying to talk me out of the band. In the end, I didn't go with him as my insurance didn't cover it.

Shopping for surgery. Since I was self pay(such a liberating experience to have the final say in WHO and What) I shopped. I was going to Mexico but my husband was not supportive of non-U.S. medical standards plus I read a post on this site by someone who had just gotten back from Mexico and darn near died. Someone mentioned Dr. Kirshenbaum had the lowest price. I researched him. First he is a surgeon, a laporoscopic surgeon, so he doesn't just do banding but before he started banding he was doing this form of surgery anyway! Very impressive CV. I then called the office and chatted with Marilyn. I liked her. When I finally spoke to the doctor prior to my flight out to Colorado I was even more impressed. He speaks very methodically and goes through the surgery, with me via PowerPoint email, like I was sitting in a seminar at my home computer. I am an educator by profession so his method to make sure I understood my surgery was important. He is a great communicator.

I'm one year past surgery, never one day have I regretted this. I AM a new person. The benefits are too numerous to count. I still have a ways to go but I have come a long way. The band is a TOOL and that combined with behavior changes, food changes, lifestyle...it gets the job done.

Best to you.

Patty in Florida

I apoligize up front this is a long reply. I have been away on vacation, so I am getting caught up.

Brandy-- I have stalled a little, but when I noticed I kicked myself in the rearend and started to work out again (I had become a little lazy in that department). Also, I started to drink 1 Protein Shake 1st thing in the morning (I had heard that if you drink one within an hour of getting up it jump starts your metabolism). Doing both of those things has helped a lot.

Lap-- So glad to hear your daughter is doing good. She is so beautiful, just like you. I think you are too young to be a grandma though. Your toes are adorable, can you come do mine?

Dee-- I would love to join the challenge. Put me down for 20 pounds, but hopefully I will do more. I want to be in my daisy dukes by the BBQ.

LA-- I will really miss you at the BBQ, I was hoping to finally meet face to face. Way to get the scale moving again. You are doing great and should be proud of yourself.

Rene-- I still have the 14's & 16's I will save them for you and can bring them to RR or we can even meet before that if you wanted to.

When is the next RR night? How about Wed June 11th? Does that work for anyone?

:scared2::smile2:

I apoligize up front this is a long reply. I have been away on vacation, so I am getting caught up.

Brandy-- I have stalled a little, but when I noticed I kicked myself in the rearend and started to work out again (I had become a little lazy in that department). Also, I started to drink 1 Protein Shake 1st thing in the morning (I had heard that if you drink one within an hour of getting up it jump starts your metabolism). Doing both of those things has helped a lot.

Lap-- So glad to hear your daughter is doing good. She is so beautiful, just like you. I think you are too young to be a grandma though. Your toes are adorable, can you come do mine?

Dee-- I would love to join the challenge. Put me down for 20 pounds, but hopefully I will do more. I want to be in my daisy dukes by the BBQ.

LA-- I will really miss you at the BBQ, I was hoping to finally meet face to face. Way to get the scale moving again. You are doing great and should be proud of yourself.

Rene-- I still have the 14's & 16's I will save them for you and can bring them to RR or we can even meet before that if you wanted to.

When is the next RR night? How about Wed June 11th? Does that work for anyone?

:scared2::smile2:

You got it Denise!

I'll check my schedule and see if I am off on the 11th of June.

I know Wed. is best for Bookholder.

thanks!

Dee = sign me up for your 10 week challenge...my goal is 1.5 lbs per week....so 15 pounds!

No Problem Darling!

Nice to see you here on LBT!

I'm glad you're going to join our challenge!

We needed a Man!

I know I did!