Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Taynuh! You lucky lucky woman! What a blessing has been bestowed upon you and your hubby! I love your names and the way you love your babies! Think how fortunate they are because you have opened your home and heart to invite them to be your own. I think adoption is the sweetest! I would love to adopt and have wanted to forever. While I taught school in Haiti I would spend my days off at the orphange... just lovin on those babies! The sisters were more than happy to let me hold and snuggle them all I wanted. When the toddlers saw me come in the room, they would start reaching out of their cribs to touch me. I always left there with a sadness in my heart -- I never wanted to leave them!

Okay Munchkin!!! Where are you? I've been waiting for you to let us know you made it home safely! I'm not good at waiting, Dear! I told my friend, Meryl that your throat hurt that night when you woke up -- she said I should have forced you to take those sucrets! Please write and let us know you're okay and resting!

Michelle, Happy Hannukah! Adopting two babies at once must have felt like you had twins! How cute!

Anita, I, also, hope the weather permits you to partake of a lovely meal at RR's.

Mal, I miss your posts! Are you done with your Christmas shopping yet?

I'm the worst, I buy things all year long for Christmas, hide it in various places around the house and then when Christmas arrives, I forget where I put it! So what happens is my daughter gets presents long after the holiday! -- Cd's, DVD's, earrings... I'm a mess!

Missmon, Drive safely and before you know it -- you'll be banded! I hope everything goes well and you can get to Denver without having too much snow on the roads! Where are you coming from, if I may ask?

Shelbi, I know if you lived here you would have done the same for Munchkin! I figured, this was a good way for me to stop focusing on myself and think about others! I can be so myoptic (did I spell that right?)

Love,

dee~

Hey gals!

I am still around. Mostly lurking. My computer has a mind of its' own and sometimes I get these virus flashes constantly and sometimes I don't get any??? I am virus free right now, so I thought I would drop a quick line before it comes back???

I have been doing pretty good with my workout goals, I really miss it on the days that I skip, there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to go everyday. I swear I am the slowest loser EVER!!! But I am still a loser...LOL i am frustrated but I won't let myself dwel on it for too long.

Shopping? I do as much as I can online (that has been a chore this time). Since my boys are older the gifts have become more expensive and fewer in number. My oldest is asking for a flat screen TV and my younger one wants a snowboarding package $$$$$ costly boys!! But they have been good boys this year(for the most part), so Santa will probably come through for them...

Dynamo~Me and my kids light a pretend candle each day and learn something about Hanukkah. We made a Star of David, played Dreidel, and we will make Latkes too. We will learn about Los Posadas, Christmas and Kwanzaa too. Gotta keep ourselves busy and have fun along the way, oh it doesn't hurt that we are learning new things too!

It's Friday! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Mal,

You're such a good Mom! Exposing your boys to the beliefs of others is such a wonderful gift. So many kids have no idea of other celebrations or the richness they hold.

My daughter has always been interested in Hannukah and Kwanzaa. She researches these things on her own.

Can you tell, I absolutely love my daughter?

I missed you Mal, thanks for posting!

dee~

To: tarheelluv

You've lost 50 lbs before surgery..???

Hi. Yes, I have lost 50 lbs before surgery. I started dieting Jan 1 2007, and it took me until August to lose it. However, I hit a plateau and stopped losing at that time. I have tried to start losing again and have not been able to. That is why I decided to go with the Lap Band. I knew I needed some more help to get off the next 100+ pounds.

You all asked for it... here are some pics... also one of Paul (boyfriend of 6 years, NOT husband...lol), me and Tanner... and one of my daughter...as a pirate on Halloween....

He's a week shy of 10 months... she is 2 years, 8 months... today in fact!

Tina

post-220264-13813135990976_thumb.jpg

post-220264-13813135991277_thumb.jpg

post-220264-13813135991528_thumb.jpg

post-220264-13813135991799_thumb.jpg

post-220264-13813135992218_thumb.jpg

Tina,

Too adorable! Just what I needed to cheer me up! Give those babies lots of lovin for all of us!:)

Munchkin -- Good to hear from you!

Tina -- Wanted to add -- you're looking good!!! I can really see the your band progress, comparing avatar to new picture. Keep it up, momma!

Everyone --Have a great Saturday. I'm working overtime for some extra $ today. Boo, hiss! for today, but yippee for the extra come pay day (which will be a few cents after Uncle Sam pays himself. Another boo, hiss!)

Taynah~ What beautiful children! And you and your boyfriend make a great looking couple! Thank you so much for posting them...even in your busy momma frenzie! :P

Munchkin! How are you feeling? Okay? Why do you need cheering up? Are you a hurtin' unit? Keep us posted and use all the meds the Doc gave you if you need them! Even the one that travels the "wrong" path! Take care of yourself and keep us posted when you can.

We got fog, ice, freezing rain, and finally snow yesterday and last night. Ick!:P It just looks nasty out there... Rats. But its supposed to be nice by Thursday! Woo hoo! So hopefully I'll make it there!

Also, thought that I would share...my scale is moving! Not as fast as I would hope, but its going! I finally got below 220...its in the teens! Woo hoo...onederland here I come! I don't think that I have weighed this in over 10 years...yeah! I still have only bought a few new clothes, so really, I look pretty sloppy most of the time. Oh well! I have 6 more lbs for my Jan 4th goal...I think that I can make it!

Have a great day all...I'll be home...rats. With so much to do, too. Oh well, what ya gonna do? Heehee!

Tina! Your babies are beautiful! I love the little outfit you have on Tessa for Halloween! She makes a great pirate! Your little Tanner looks like he's going to keep you running! I can see the difference in your picture too!

Anita! Congrats on the moving scale! I'm still weighing everyday and last Thursday marked 10 weeks til Valentine's day -- so my friend and I are doing a 10 week challenge. I'm sure I'll spend Valentine's day home alone, but at least I'll be smaller!

Mal! My ex keeps asking me what our daughter wants for Christmas, I told him, Money! What kid doesn't like money!!! Last year, we bought her a brand new Toyota Corolla. I know that's insanity, but knowing she'd be going away for school and not having a car of her own, we wanted her to have something dependable. That little car gets the best gas mileage. When she goes out of town, I drive it the whole time!

The car had a huge red velvet bow on it -- it was hiding in the neighbor's garage and the poor neighbor's teenage boys thought it was for them. Her expression was priceless when we gave it to her! She still has the bow in her trunk.

Have a great Weekend, Peeps!:P

I just checked weather.com and it is going to be like 20 degrees this week in Parker! Is that normal? I am from Phoenix and not used to being colder than about 60 degrees. Will I need boots, scarf, etc?

Mona,

Yes, if you are used to it being warmer, you will definantly want to take a coat, scarf, gloves, a hat, and possibly boots. I lucked out the days I was there, it was beautiful-it was 70 degrees Tuesday. But that is not the norm, and now it is cold and yucky like here in Illinois. Good luck with your travels!

Woofay,

Yes, I am one BIG OL hurtin unit. I have been taking the pain medicine and the Keflex like I'm supposed to. I haven't really needed the phenergan because I haven't been nauseous. (Except when I take the Keflex, the taste of it momentarily wants to make me puke...I should have asked the pharmacist to add flavoring to it like they do for kids!)

I couldn't sleep all night last night because I was uncomfortable-lots of abdominal tenderness and gas, but I made up for it by sleeping all day today!

My husband is being awfully good to me and one of my labs (who is usually my hubbys dog) will not leave my side. He has been sleeping with me in the living room on the couch since I got home. It's funny how they know when something is wrong. The other 3 have been relatively well behaved also, instead of running around and playing, they have been pretty sedate.

Well guys, someone please tell me it gets better. Dee told me she has read the 4th day is the worst, so maybe I will feel better tomorrow! This is the wierd thing though- sometimes I feel like I'm starving and I want real food!! And I am craving wierd things that I don't usually want-like salt and meat. My body must be trying to tell me something. Did you all experience this also? :guess

Missmona~Hi! I'm from Phx too. Moved to the Springs 2 years ago after spending my whole life there. Born at St Joe's! Anyways, ya its cold. Boots, scarfs, coats (if you own one...I didn't when we first got here!) It continued to snow all day here and now there is piles of it out there. Couple of inches and its a warm 18 degrees out there. The Springs is about a 50 minute drive to Parker. Although....cold here and cold there are two different things. I know if its in the 40s there, its truly cold. The 40s here, if the sun is out, is just lovely. Its an odd thing that still amazes me. (kinda like snow coming out of the sky...) Do be very careful driving up! Things should be much better when you get here though. And the construction through New Mexico will just drive you nuts...we just drove back a month ago. I think we counted 21 different construction zones through there. EEEEK!:P And good luck, we'll be thinking about you! Soon you'll be on the other side, a Bandster! Post afterwards when you are able to. We all get like worry warts on here!

Awwwwwwww, Munchkin! I'm sorry your so sore! It will get better soon. I think your through the worst of it. The first three to four days are kinda rough...Pretty weird about the cravings too. But you can enjoy Beef flavored boullion to curb your meat craving! (not the same as a steak you say?:P) And thats neat about your dogs. I think they know too. My doggy knows when my kids are sick and she sticks right by their side. Hang in there! You are a Bandster now! Woo hoo!

Missmon,

Please be careful driving up! If you're going through NM on I-25, call before you get to Raton (the town before the Colorado boarder) The Raton Pass is now closed due to the weather and a Semi-truck accident. If there is snow present and it's open, it can be pretty dangerous. The elevation is over 8000 ft. Anyway, I'm from Albuquerque and drive there about every 3 mos. so I know how bad I-25 can get. It also gets bad if there is snow through Gallup & I-40 (a small city 3 hrs west of Albuquerque) Here is the number to check the roads for NM and Colorado.

NM #1-800-432-4269, I have it in my phone and call it along the way. If you have a computer with you. you can check. NMRoads.com also.

CO #10303-639-1111, (press3 for the I-25 corridor, CDOT Traveler Information)

Munchikin, Your dogs are so cute! I think dogs are amazing! My bestfriend's dog was so sweet to her after her divorce. He would sit on the sofa and comfort her with his head on her shoulder. I thought that was the sweetest ever! Hang in there Cutie, you'll start feeling better soon! I'm glad your hubby is treating you well. Rest, Rest, Rest, Sip, Sip, Sip and walk when you can.

dee~