Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Wow Dee - What a great big pain for you. Glad that Monday will work. I'm with Woofay - I hope a night isn't too steep, I doubt whether you will need much care. Glad Dr. K went to bat for you. You really want to be safe. I didn't know about the family history etc. Try not to eat out your aggrivation. Hugs.

Michelle

Dee,

Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I am bummed you have to do the preop diet for 4 more days also. I could help you out Tuesday night if you don't have anyone to help you. I get into Denver Monday night, have Tuesday free other than my appt with Dr.K, then my surgery is Wednesday. So my Tuesday is pretty much open if you need anything. PM me if you want and I'll give you my cell phone number.

Thanks for everyone worrying about me, but I'll be fine. I've had this foot casted 3 times before-I'm an old pro at it by now. It is a walking cast and they are even letting me work with it on this time because I get around in it great. (Actually, I think they're just really short staffed so they are breaking the rules...many of you know how that goes since you are nurses!)

I have transportation from the airport arranged, and after that, I figured I'd see what my options are for getting around.

Dee, think about my offer. I was just going to go shopping that day and spend lots of money that I shouldn't!

I just read my post again, and I meant all day Tuesday Dee, not Tuesday night! My appt with Dr.K is late afternoon, that's all I have scheduled that day.

Dang Dee, I'm so sorry that you didn't get banded, fortunately you only have to wait until Monday and who knows, it just may be better all around and a blessing, especially since you need to have the extra time in the hospital to recover.....

I will be thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers that everything will be ok for you on Monday....

Tied2B~WHAT???? I thought your surgery was TODAY!!! Sorry to hear the news Dee! What an ordeal! Better safe, right?! So you are having surgery on Monday the 3rd?

Hey, has anyone got a letter from Dr. K regarding the medical necessity of the band? For taxes I mean...all we need is a letter that says we needed the band...I've contacted Marilyn about this in the past and she hasn't gotten back to me. Maybe I'll just hound her? It would be nice to add this to my medical deductions! Would be nice for all of us! :-)

Hi Marcy~I asked for a reciept and a bill, Robin sent one right out.

"Get out of your mind and into your life." Wow, I've never heard that before. Well, it's going on my fridge too. I actually needed that right now. I started a new med last week (antidepressant) and I've now been on full strength for two days and its making me a little anxious and amped. (diet pill type of feeling) That's just the saying I need!

VaBandster~ leftovers are the worst for me, too. Even reheated. And that just makes no sense at all. And yes, just hearing you mention chicken and rice made me get the golf ball! :)

Dynamo~ how was your day yesterday? Always remember, Today is a new day!

Have a great one, everyone! I'll be spazzing somewhere trying to get used to this med! :)

Dee, I am so sorry. I don't know what to say. This just sucks big time. I am angry and mad, too, about this for you. You are so good-hearted and supportive and kind -- you deserve the opportunity to be healthy, dang it. I am not giving up hope yet; please don't you give up either!!! Big hugs, friend, I'm crying with ya.

Dee - I am really sorry you have to go through this. Somehow it will work out, but it is just so lousy now. We could get together between now and then at RR for a support group. Let me know when you are available. How about the rest of you??? hugs........

Woofay and Dee the Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life is a workbook that is great guide for lifestyle changes and processing our stuff. I got into it a several months ago, did it every day for a while, but it was too much, then I let it lie for awhile. I ordered it on Amazon, but make sure you get the workbook - the text is too technical and not very helpful. You know, some of it is really useful and new, the rest seems less applicable, or maybe I just don't get it.

Hugs to all - I'm on Day 5.

Michelle

Dee,

I am sooo sorry this has happened to you. I felt exactly the same way after my surgery got cancelled the first time. I cried for 2 days straight, was depressed, then I was just flat out pissed off. (Still am pissed off at my hospital for that matter.) I was also discouraged and thought that maybe it just wasn't for me.

After about a week of being so depressed and mad, I decided I had to get over it (even though I still had doubts, still do on some days) and that is when I called Dr.K.

I completely understand your frustrations with your schedule. I would feel bad also that everyone rearranged their schedules and then it didn't happen. I also had them put me back on the schedule when my first surgery was cancelled. It actually made me feel better to go back to work. Something about taking care of patients makes me feel better, because then I focus on them instead of sitting around moping about my situation (which is what I was doing). And it always reminds me when I'm at work that things could be much worse for me-I might be fat but at least I'm relatively healthy compared to my patients. Work always gives me a little slap in the face and reminds me that things could be sooooo much worse....not that I don't feel bad for my patients, it's just one heck of a reality check.

Anyway, keep your chin up. Things have a way of working out. You are a great person and I believe in good kharma.:P Hey, maybe we can all get together Tuesday night at RR? Hint, hint everyone?? We need to cheer Dee up!!

Dee~hugs, hugs and more hugs, I have no words...I agree with Shelbi, don't give up...what does this mean that Dr. K's assistants for the OR aren't credentialled, they aren't credentialled to be in the hospital OR, but they ARE credentialled to be in the Crown Center??? Whatever...sad news and I too am with tears my dear friend. There is a way, you will find the right path. Perhaps another Dr.??? another Hospital???

Sad day...:P:think

I want to clarify something...Crown Point Surgery Center and the Parker Hospital are two different places. They do not share the same staff nor do they share the same doctors. You have to apply for privleges at both places. I hope this clears up some of the questions.

I need some advise. I have surgery scheduled for December 13th with Dr. Kirshenbaum. I have already spoken with the nutritionist and had my consult on the phone with Dr. K.

I cannot remember all the details of the pre-op diet. Is it no carbs at all, or can I have 20 carbs a day like the Atkin's induction phase? I bought low-carb tortilla wraps that are 5 carbs each, are those ok? I want to ask because I don't want to mess up.

Thanks for any advice.

Dee,

I too believe that everything happens for a reason. This does not necessarily mean that you should not have this surgery, just maybe not right now. Does Dr K work with any other gas-passers (could not spell the correct name) Maybe a different one would consider your past surgery history and have a different view point. As for being embarrassed, why? Just because your surgery has been delayed? Things like that happen all the time and thats really all you have to say (if you want to explain at all). I suspect things will work out in the end and you will be happy with the results, it's just hard right now to see past today. I would love to see all of you at RR on Tuesday, 7:00 right? :hungry: (umm French Onion Soup)