Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mini, thanks! I must say it made me very happy :tongue2: I'm just hoping the scale is kind to me tomorrow. If it is ok, I am going to weigh in tomorrow since I will be gone until Sunday on my road trip to Maryland. We are leaving at 6 am so I will weigh and post (if I remember) before we leave if that is ok. Yeah, when I start thinking of food all the time again, it's time for a fill, why torture yourself when a fill will take care of it. It is going to be 20 degrees tonight again in (sunny,) Florida, Brr!

It's going to be 22 tonight in NC too! I can't believe Florida is going to be that cold! We actually had the briefest of snow flurries this afternoon. Of course, the sun was shining the whole time and nothing stuck to the ground. :rolleyes2:

OK, hopefully this picture will stay!

Jaime, you are just too cute :rolleyes2: And I love your positive outlook!

Deb

It's going to be 22 tonight in NC too! I can't believe Florida is going to be that cold! We actually had the briefest of snow flurries this afternoon. Of course, the sun was shining the whole time and nothing stuck to the ground. :rolleyes2:

Well at least it won't be colder driving up the east coast, I am not going to want to get up and get going so early in the morning. It has been two nights of cold so far and it is supposed to stay for at least another 2 nights.

I hope your fill is all it's meant to be!

I hope it brings you much restriction - but not too much!

I hope it takes away your hunger and offers your that sweet satiated feeling!

And may your scale move in the right direction - lower and lower toward your ultimate goal to good health

AND

Skinnie Ville~

I logged the calories and it's 681 with 54 grams of Protein. I am hoping the walnuts will bring me up 60 grams of protein.

I think that's okay, don't you? Say yes, please Mama! :rolleyes2:

You made a fill prayer! You're so awesome!!! I shall print it out and hang it on my wall. And, no, 681 calories is not enough. Minimum of 800. Drink another Protein Shake and you've got it!

You're right! We are fine! Aren't we? Especially Mama Squirrel - she's a little firecracker!

Well, YEAH!!! hello!!!!!

Mini, thanks! I must say it made me very happy :tongue2: I'm just hoping the scale is kind to me tomorrow. If it is ok, I am going to weigh in tomorrow since I will be gone until Sunday on my road trip to Maryland. We are leaving at 6 am so I will weigh and post (if I remember) before we leave if that is ok. Yeah, when I start thinking of food all the time again, it's time for a fill, why torture yourself when a fill will take care of it. It is going to be 20 degrees tonight again in (sunny,) Florida, Brr!

Of course you can weigh in tomorrow! I can't believe it's so cold in Florida. It was in the high 60's here today. Go figure!

Hi!

How about if your Mom or Dad went with you for the surgery and your husband stayed and watched the kids?

You won't be given any pills after surgery. You'll get a liquid pain med. It actually works very well and makes you pretty sleepy. Or atleast it made me sleepy.

I'm kinda thinking thats what will happen! Have my hubby stay at my parents with our 3 year old and have my mom take me! She wouldn't be so nervous about me afterwards! And I knew they wouldn't give me pills, must of had a red head moment!:tongue2:

I had three c-sections and this is very similar (pain-wise). the only difference was that I had my hiatel hernia repaired during lapband surgery and it gave me more chest pain. The gas is worse, but you get to rest a lot more without a baby to care for after surgery:laugh: BUT...I got to eat normally after my c-sections.
Piglet, I've had 2 c-sections and thought lapband was MUCH less painful. The gas pains kind of sucked but were definitely controllable with gasx strips. Just my opinion.

This makes me feel much better! I was off my pain meds after 2 days, cause they didn't feel like they were doing me any good, so I delt with the pain. And your right BellaPerdente, I won't have a baby to worry about, which kinda makes it even better!

Thanks again for all your help, I'm not so worried any more! Just gotta hope the weather isn't bad so we can make the trip.:rolleyes2:

You made a fill prayer! You're so awesome!!! I shall print it out and hang it on my wall. And, no, 681 calories is not enough. Minimum of 800. Drink another Protein Shake and you've got it!

Yes, I did make you a fill prayer! A fill prayer for all of us!

Well, my 8 walnuts were 105 calories and my pear was 95calories, so I did get in over 800 cals.

Can I weigh on Friday? I'm working and I always gain with the edema in my feet and ankles. It's much improved since banding, but still persists. I'm hoping as I lose more weight it will get less and less!

I'm kinda thinking thats what will happen! Have my hubby stay at my parents with our 3 year old and have my mom take me! She wouldn't be so nervous about me afterwards! And I knew they wouldn't give me pills, must of had a red head moment!:rolleyes2:

I think that's a great idea! Did you get a date yet for your surgery? Ask if you can get an early morning procedure so that you're not driving after dark. You know that 1-25 stretch between Northglenn and Cheyenne can be bad in the dark! People drive so fast! (sorry for being such a Mom!)
Well at least it won't be colder driving up the east coast, I am not going to want to get up and get going so early in the morning. It has been two nights of cold so far and it is supposed to stay for at least another 2 nights.

It's bizarre! Yesterday and the day before it was in the 70's here! I went outside to walk a baby out and I didn't want to go back in the hospital! It was absolutely beautiful out!

Tally! how's that restriction? Still there? What you wrote about a slow leak makes perfect sense! I hoping for the best for you! No leak and some sweet restriction!

I think that's a great idea! Did you get a date yet for your surgery? Ask if you can get an early morning procedure so that you're not driving after dark. You know that 1-25 stretch between Northglenn and Cheyenne can be bad in the dark! People drive so fast! (sorry for being such a Mom!)

I don't have a surgery date yet.:) we have to wait till we get taxes done, ususally around the end of Febuary. I just want to get all my ducks in a row. I have talk to them, just trying to figure some things out. If I could go now, I would, but we have acouple loans to pay off first.

I remember how bad it is to drive down that way, but I havn't driven down there in over 8 years. Thats why I'm leaning towards my mom to drive, she nows how! My husband is not allowed to drive in the big citys, he like to run red lights:laugh:! We don't have any traffic lights in our town, and he was raised here, so you can only imagine how he drives!!

Ok...I'm back from Hawaii. Actually, been back for a week now, but am easing back into "normal" life! Haha! The trip was great and I'm proud of myself for not dwelling on the (only two) arguments that my sisters and I had and I'm remembering the good stuff. I didn't realize how cynical I'd become!:unsure:

So...the fill didn't seem to do much (the one I got from my new fill doc here in Nome), but low and behold...it's been two weeks and I'm getting "cut off"!! I just weighed myself Sat. and was still at 215...today I'm at 210!!! :thumbup:Now, just how the heck that happened I don't know (there are still Hershey bars here from Halloween and you can bet that I'm partaking!). Now, I'm not complaining, but strangely in awe. Of course, I've been eating very little today to make sure it "sticks". Haha!:)

I'm going to try to post a picture of me in Hawaii and one of the puppy we'll be picking up in a couple of weeks. Still looking for a good name....although Lexi seems to be at the forefront now.

post-219385-1381313788945_thumb.jpg

post-219385-1381313788968_thumb.jpg

Alright, I should be old hat at this...my restriction is perfect, I am losing...BUT at night I am having reflux and keep waking up coughing and can feel the burn. To tight?

So... I have good news and bad news. Bad news first. I had my first PB last night, and threw up stuff 3 times in the course of an hour and slimed in between, NOT an experience I want to repeat. I decided that to be nice to my tummy I would just do liquids today, and mushies tomorrow, to see how I handle it. Guess the bright side is that I have GREAT restriction, just need to chew better.

Good news. I hit 30lbs down today!!! YAY!!! I am weighing in for the challenge today, because I have to leave for a conference before 8 tomorrow, and want to just say I am down 3 pounds from last thursday!!!!

Ok...I'm back from Hawaii. Actually, been back for a week now, but am easing back into "normal" life! Haha! The trip was great and I'm proud of myself for not dwelling on the (only two) arguments that my sisters and I had and I'm remembering the good stuff. I didn't realize how cynical I'd become!:unsure:

So...the fill didn't seem to do much (the one I got from my new fill doc here in Nome), but low and behold...it's been two weeks and I'm getting "cut off"!! I just weighed myself Sat. and was still at 215...today I'm at 210!!! :thumbup:Now, just how the heck that happened I don't know (there are still Hershey bars here from Halloween and you can bet that I'm partaking!). Now, I'm not complaining, but strangely in awe. Of course, I've been eating very little today to make sure it "sticks". Haha!:)

I'm going to try to post a picture of me in Hawaii and one of the puppy we'll be picking up in a couple of weeks. Still looking for a good name....although Lexi seems to be at the forefront now.

Welcome back. You look great! Congrats on the weight loss!! And I think Lexi is an adorable name. She looks like a Lexi.

Alright, I should be old hat at this...my restriction is perfect, I am losing...BUT at night I am having reflux and keep waking up coughing and can feel the burn. To tight?
I would say so. Does Prilosec help? The fill doc here wants me to take it everyday cuz he is convinced that reflux can become a huge problem if it goes on too long.
So... I have good news and bad news. Bad news first. I had my first PB last night, and threw up stuff 3 times in the course of an hour and slimed in between, NOT an experience I want to repeat. I decided that to be nice to my tummy I would just do liquids today, and mushies tomorrow, to see how I handle it. Guess the bright side is that I have GREAT restriction, just need to chew better.

Good news. I hit 30lbs down today!!! YAY!!! I am weighing in for the challenge today, because I have to leave for a conference before 8 tomorrow, and want to just say I am down 3 pounds from last thursday!!!!

Sorry about the PB . . . that kind of sucks, but YAY for losing 3 lbs! That's absolutely fantastic and it must feel great to be at 30 lbs down. I had a fill today and it was a more aggressive fill than I've had in the past. I'm hoping to have great restriction as well. Fingers crossed!

Welcome back!! Great job on the weight loss!! Lexi sounds like a sweet name for your little puppy!

Sorry about the reflux, I had REALLY bad reflux before being banded, was popping rolaids like candy. But I am lucky and haven't had any problems since being banded.

Sorry about the PB . . . that kind of sucks, but YAY for losing 3 lbs! That's absolutely fantastic and it must feel great to be at 30 lbs down. I had a fill today and it was a more aggressive fill than I've had in the past. I'm hoping to have great restriction as well. Fingers crossed!

I hope this fill does it for you! I'm crossing my fingers too!