Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Balls On Some People!!!

I'd probably respond and ask him what his issues were that he had so much time to be answering personal ads with insults.

NO WAY Pinksoprano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How rude! I've been known to hang out on the occassional online dating site as well, but luckily I've never come across an ass like that. I've come across plenty of other asses, but not one quite like that.

Block him from contacting you again and post a complaint with the site. Then put him out of your mind. If someone is too shallow to see how beautiful you are NOW, they will never, ever be able to see your real beauty anyway.

I would email him and say I may be heavy but I am doing something about that and I am changing.

He is a ass and will and with that attitude he will be single long after you have found your prince charming be him large or small.As a good women looks for more than looks.A kind heart, a good soul and a mate that builds you up rather than tearing you down. So he does not sound like your type.

No good woman likes a smart ass. He probably can't find a good women because he does not know how to treat a LADY

I did online dating for 6 years. I even wrote a book (to be published in Jan 07) I met thousands of men. Some truely horrible ones, some psycho ones, some scary ones, many many liars, some great ones and some that were just not a "match."

Why anyone would take the time to write to someone with a negative comment still baffles me. I got those once in a while also. I never wrote back and just blocked them. That is what they want....they want your response.

Here is the biggest thing I learned from all my experience.....

You MUST be honest! When I first went on line, I posted head shots and no full body photos. I thought, "I have a pretty face and a good personality, when he meets me, he won't mind the weight." Every single time I met someone, they were disapointed. Of course they were! I had decieved them.

A close friend (a man) sat me down and had a heart to heart with me. I would cry to him about each date not going anywhere and the guys didn't seem interested. He pointed out that it was my weight. So heres what I did.

I took myself offline, got the lapband, lost weight, took lots of full body photos, posted a brutally honest profile, and found the love of my life.

After I lost weight, I dated a plastic surgeon, an ENT, firefighters, attorneys, a semi famous actor and various other super handsome guys. Men that wouldn't have looked twice at me when I was heavy. The funny thing was that I thought I would be happy dating these handsome men. Men I had always dreamed of. I wasn't. I realized that these men wouldn't have liked me heavy. I found that shallow. What if I was in a car accident or otherwise scarred or disabled? I got really really bitter about the whole thing.

In the end, I found the one man who I KNOW loves me for me. I know that he would have loved me before. He is a 250lbs bald hispanic man who looks like he is going to stab you in the eye. People see us together and ask me "if I am o.k?" As if he is kidnapping me. Truth is, he is the sweetest man on earth, a cop, has a genius level IQ, calls me his queen, and is everything a girl could want. To be honest, I would never have looked twice at him. Fat or skinny. He's no George Clooney. However,I love this man more than I even thought possible.

Whats the moral to my story.....

1. You can find great people online.

2. You need to be 100% honest about yourself.

3. Don't think twice about rude people. Karma works.

4. Be super careful!!!!

5. Have fun.

6. As we get older, looks aren't so important and a persons character is more attractive.;)

Christine

I've never been on any online dating site, but I did get involved with an online mothers group - it started on ninemonths.com.au when we were all pregnant and then that was hijacked by trolls and we set up a private MSN group and now I have lifelong friends. It took a good deal of courage to meet up with people for the first time and it didnt happen for a few years, but now, the internet is merely the way we keep in touch, our actual relationships are real life. We have members all over Australia and in New Zealand too and we have a National Meet every year and its just marvellous.

It just takes trust and courage for it to happen but meeting people online, despite the loonies you come across, is a valid and great way to meet people.

And its been great for me too because these are people that if I met in real life I maybe wouldnt connect with - due to the huge range of socioeconomic, ethnic, professional, political differences. People that on the surface I would have nothing in common with. But making friends with people so different from me has really helped me to grow as a person.

I did online dating for about 2 years. At the time, I was in the best shape ever and looked fabulous, but I still didn't post a full-body shot, of course I thought I was fat, wearing a size 6 and all. Dunce. Still I didn't end up meeting the love of my life. I met mostly liars, lots and lost of liars, one or two nice guys, lots of sex feinds, all kinds. Dated some really hot looking men, boy was the fun :Banane17:. I miss the good old days. I did end up meeting the father of my daughter through my ad also, but we didn't end up getting married. Anyway, I always wanted to write a book too!! I actually had saved all of the responses to my ad, but never got around to it. When I moved across country I threw them all away ;). I know I'm sitting on a bestseller here.

LegallyBlonde,

You make a lot of sense woman! lol I love it!!

I had always felt that most men were looking for a "BarbieDoll" on their arm...not for themselves so much as for other men to see what they had going on. Looks are not the important thing in a healthy relationship as you said. Give me a man with a heart, a good character, a wee bit of intellect, and a dash of charisma and I'll draw him a roadmap to my heart!

Hugs,

Dreamer

That is pretty Rude! Im so Sorry that he is such a Jack Ass.He is probley very insecure in some way about him self so hey has to say mean or Harsh remarks to make him self better!

If people only Knew how We, Us our selfs judge are selfs being over weight....... Good luck on your weight loss! and have a great day!

Hey, Girl. Don't worry about what this guy has said. If anything, he needs our pity. He is probably not capable of loving anyone, including himself - he's too critical.

People that say things like he did just remind me of who "I never want to be".

Don't you feel great that you are accepting of people?

Love yourself. What he says is about him, not about you.

Chin up.

Besos, Kat.

OKAY I am totally venting here....I have been doing great out of surgery, feeling better, back to work, back to the gym, etc...So today I decided to post a personal ad on a dating site....People are supposed to respond if they are interested right? Well this guy emails me saying that I should be ashamed and disgusted of my weight...I have a beautiful face and smile but I am so unhealthy it is disgusting...I am not his type (who the hell asked him?)...I should hang out with people that diet and excercise...I am truly beside myself....No wonder why I am fucking insecure, sorry about the language...Why are people so mean I just dont get it....

I hope this makes you feel better ( twice by Doctors ) one Dr. I was seeing for my rotater cuff was looking at my MRI looked down at me and told me "you Are Fat " I was 306 pounds at the time 6 feet tall BMI of 40 but he was shorter then me about 5/10 about 250 weight looked like he was carring a Tire around him.

I told him very nice Hey your fat Too! and Im taller and walked out! It just poped out of my mouth the whole office was Laughing. as I walked out.

And this rude bastard of a Doctor told me as he was looking at my MRI reports wow you have a lot of back Problems! but here is what im going to do for you, Ican FUSE your whole back. but im going to sign you up for some VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION so you can get some Training so when its all done you can go and get a job at Wendys because thats all I will be good for with my back!

Im writing a letter to his Medical Board There was no reason for that kind of behavior. I think Id rather got kicked in the Sack then have been told that. well hope that made you laugh a little.John

Some trolls post in forums and some trolls cruise other sites.

My guess is that he is one of those very very sad individuals that gain some enjoyment at the cost of others. What makes it worse on the internet is that you can't get slapped in the face or get your nose broken when you spew vile insults at someone else.

First: Do not respond in kind. These types of people thrive on annoying others and sending him back a hate filled response will only let him know that he hurt you and make him enjoy his sick little game even more.

Second: Many dating sites offer a tool to report other users for harassment. Find out how to report him and send it to the website so that they can ban him from that dating site. If its a pay site he may lose his subscription money that was already paid. Also if you send him back something really nasty he may decide to report you to the website for sending him a mean message. Report it, delete it, and forget about it. He isn't worth thinking one iota about.

No wonder he's hanging out at an online dating site. ;)

What is that supposed to mean?

I dated for a few years on a few online dating sites before I met my husband. We met on Yahoo personals.

I wasn't honest about my weight when I first started dating on them but then decided "What the heck... why do I want someone that doesn't like me for ME!" so I posted pictures full body and got several replies. I wasn't short on dates.

I met my husband in July of 2004 and we were inseperable. He moved in with me in September. We became engaged in November and were married in December. This December 18th will be our 2 year wedding anniversary. My friends weren't kidding when they told me marriage is work. It is work but it's so worth it. I get very emotional still when I think about how he's always there for me and always will be unconditionally. I'm very thankful for online personals!

Hang in there! I went through duds before I found my man. Justs ignore the idiot that left you that msg. He'll end up with some emotionless eye candy that takes him for every cent he owns and he'll deserve it all!