Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I WANT A DIET COKE SO BAD...HOW CAN I FLAT IT OUT

DON'T GIVE IN!! You dont need that, you just want it. It's not beneficial to your goal. I dont have any advice as to how to beat the craving...you just have to be mentally stronger than the craving. You can do it!!

Good Gravy girl are you insane??? You had a 95 thousand dollar surgery and you are going to put yourself in danger for an addicting pos???

I totally understand how you are feeling! I also read the headline where you asked how you can flatten it out. The answer is that you just let it sit out until it looses the carbonation. However, the caffeine isn't good for you right after surgery. My doc said to wait 2 weeks, before I could have caffeine. Some docs say longer. My doctor also said I could let it go flat and then drink it at 2 weeks. However, make sure you are following your docs rules. There is a reason they give us these rules. :)

IM craving these little things I use to enjoy.

I know how you feel. I haven't had a diet Pepsi since November 25th. I would always tease my hubby that I rate my needs as air, my children, diet Pepsi then him, LOL. So I can totally relate to your feelings. However; I don't allow myself to entertain it because for me that would be falling off the wagon. I know I have no self control with soda. There are plenty of people out there who do drink it again. It's just my personal choice not to. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Good Gravy girl are you insane??? You had a 95 thousand dollar surgery and you are going to put yourself in danger for an addicting pos???

Be nice love. If this is easy for you, then that is awesome. It isn't easy for everyone. And what the OP is asking isn't insane. My doctor says patients can drink diet pop as long as they let it go flat at 2 weeks.

Hmmmmmmmmm that is what got us all into this fix.........people being nice.........some time truth is not supposed to be nice.....I am not trying to be cruel.......just wake you up.........and hell no it is not easy......you think this is easy??? I am a week out of surgery.

There is a way to say things and a way not to say things. You can be honest and helpful without attacking. I think that is what Kristin was saying. No fighting. Please.

She didn't say she wanted a flat milkshake. She asked hot to flatten a. Diet. Coke. Relax

Hi. I would just try to avoid the Diet Coke. It has a bunch of nasty chemicals that are addicting. I gave up soda trying to prep for the surgery, I had some on Thanksgiving and I swear I felt my stomach fizzle. I will try to avoid soda for the rest of my life if I have the willpower… I will give into other carbonated beverages such as champagne once I reach my goal. Good luck. And remember looking good and health are the main reasons we had the surgery.

Hi, I haven't had some since last June. I was addicted. My hubby works for Coke cola. I love the crush products. And I have actually found powdered crush, no sugar, no carb, like the crystal light pacs that you put in Water. I was a flavored drink women, grape, orange strawberry. I have found the crush in these flavors and it helps a lot. I have seen others that have come across them and they seem to be finding theirs at the dollar store. My local grocery store carries them, so now the coke man is picking up his wife some crush products!!! Good luck!!!

Wow, I am pretty surprised by some of the reactions here. I really don't see how having a diet soda is falling off the wagon or being bad for your body. I think anyone who is post-sleeve needs to make good decisions for themselves, otherwise we wouldn't even be in this situation, would we? But I am not sure how anyone can survive in life without the little enjoyable things once in a while. In my opinion, just because you're having a surgery to help you lose weight doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to want for or have cravings for things. My understanding (although I may be misinformed because I am pre-op and don't have the same experiences yet) is that the reason diet pop is a no no is because it's painful to drink due to the carbonation. If someone is able to enjoy a diet pop that is flattened (or even carbonated soda / drinks (ie: I know of a guy who is able to drink BEER post sleeve) - for goodness sake let them have it. And don't knock em for it.

Wow, I am pretty surprised by some of the reactions here. I really don't see how having a diet soda is falling off the wagon or being bad for your body. I think anyone who is post-sleeve needs to make good decisions for themselves, otherwise we wouldn't even be in this situation, would we? But I am not sure how anyone can survive in life without the little enjoyable things once in a while. In my opinion, just because you're having a surgery to help you lose weight doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to want for or have cravings for things. My understanding (although I may be misinformed because I am pre-op and don't have the same experiences yet) is that the reason diet pop is a no no is because it's painful to drink due to the carbonation. If someone is able to enjoy a diet pop that is flattened (or even carbonated soda / drinks (ie: I know of a guy who is able to drink BEER post sleeve) - for goodness sake let them have it. And don't knock em for it.

Will I'm pretty sure that my post was not negative but suggestive of other alternatives. I do my MY surgeon said never again. Further more I'm out a while and I know who have been out longer, the whole point is to change habits. I do know from what I have seen in the WLS community so far so people do have a hard time doing everything they were told to do. Not that that's ok but you do want to give your body time to adjust and you do want to use your will power to turn to other alternatives. I'm just saying. No harm intended here just suggestions. With you being preop, you will learn see and go through exactly what we are experiencing, it is not easy to turn stuff away. We have to be vigilant is all.

Sorry, I was not singling out any one poster here. I completely understand about making lifestyle changes. It is a must to be successful in any way share or form. My point is, I think it's okay to have a treat even as part of this change... With the understanding that it can't become a regular thing and you should be well out from your surgery date so that you can try things safely. I don't think the change is sustainable to MOST people if these things like an occasional treat weren't allowed. Maybe I am generalizing without having the experience, and will not be too proud to eat my words! :)