Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been pretty depressed the past 3 weeks (I'm 2 months post op). I wake up every morning throwing up (acid reflux - I already scheduled an appt with my doctor). I always feel extremely weak and I want to throw up after every single thing that goes into my stomach. It doesn't matter what I eat or how much I eat, I gag until I can no longer gag. It's been extremely unbearable. I don't know how to cope with this, is this normal?

Are you taking heartburn meds daily ? I take two pills a day for heartburn per my doctor . One am the other at bedtime

Are you taking heartburn meds daily ? I take two pills a day for heartburn per my doctor . One am the other at bedtime

I was taking Prilosec but that didn't work. I'm meeting with him on Tueaday so I'm hoping he tells me something encouraging.

I hope your doctor's appointment brings you some relief. Good luck!

Something similar happened to me about 3 weeks after surgery. I couldn't hold anything down and would gag/vomit until my tummy was sore. Yes, I was taking Prilosec. I ended up being hospitalized for a week for dehydration & malnutrition. Worst experience of my entire life!

Something similar happened to me about 3 weeks after surgery. I couldn't hold anything down and would gag/vomit until my tummy was sore. Yes' date=' I was taking Prilosec. I ended up being hospitalized for a week for dehydration & malnutrition. Worst experience of my entire life![/quote']

Wow! I hope you are better. I'm glad I'm getting it checked out.

I've been pretty depressed the past 3 weeks (I'm 2 months post op). I wake up every morning throwing up (acid reflux - I already scheduled an appt with my doctor). I always feel extremely weak and I want to throw up after every single thing that goes into my stomach. It doesn't matter what I eat or how much I eat' date=' I gag until I can no longer gag. It's been extremely unbearable. I don't know how to cope with this, is this normal?[/quote']

Hey, sorry to here that you are going through so much. I am not an expert & I haven't gone through this before but this cannot be normal. Please go to see your physician asap. Even tho you are throwing up, do not stop drinking your fluids or you will be severely dehydrated, even if you throw it back up you will still have some fluids left in you. I have acid reflux & I know how miserable you feel. I had problems right after my surgery because of my aid reflux. You gotta fight for this, you did this for a better life, you did the right thing. Please don't give up, some of us have it easy, some of us have it not so easy & its not fair but its life. If you need to talk just let me know.

I am almost 2 months out and everything I eat makes me nauseous. I bought some over the counter medicine for it. If it gets worse I'll be calling my Doctor as well. Guess it only happens to some of us. Hope you find out what is causing it.

I was sleeved Mon the 18th , am still in hosp and have this problem. My dr cut me off from eating/drinking to let stomach heal. He said this symptom/complication happens 20% of the time. They have placed a pic line so they can get vit nutrients and liquid in me. I will have to go home with this. Won't be until Mon to tues. so sick of hospital. Have not eaten 9 days just starting to get hungry. Even with all the IVs I am so thirsty but I dare not drink because it will get stuck in esophagus and end up in lungs.

I currently have pneumonia in both lungs.

I started to get sad but try to keep my spirits up. My dr said he's seen this last 16 weeks! I took myself off the pain meds and seemed to be fine little sore when moving. This sucks.

I was sleeved Mon the 18th ' date=' am still in hosp and have this problem. My dr cut me off from eating/drinking to let stomach heal. He said this symptom/complication happens 20% of the time. They have placed a pic line so they can get vit nutrients and liquid in me. I will have to go home with this. Won't be until Mon to tues. so sick of hospital. Have not eaten 9 days just starting to get hungry. Even with all the IVs I am so thirsty but I dare not drink because it will get stuck in esophagus and end up in lungs.

I currently have pneumonia in both lungs.

I started to get sad but try to keep my spirits up. My dr said he's seen this last 16 weeks! I took myself off the pain meds and seemed to be fine little sore when moving. This sucks.[/quote']

Wow Zen, I am so sorry that this is happening to you. You gotta see it like this, now that it had happened to you, how will you fight this so you can move on with a normal life. Follow instructions from your Dr, I had a pic line at home before so they are not bad at all. Just keep it extra clean & covered because you can catch an infection VERY easily in your line. All of this will be over soon, this is just a hurdle that you have to pass, I'm sure you are strong enough you do it. You are getting antibiotic for the pneumonia, so that is taken care of. Keep busy to keep your mine off the food, its not easy but you will have to almost brainwash yourself to not think about food. You can do it. Since the 19th, I have only been drinking Fluid, it hurts to drink but I already set my mind to not think about it. But guess what Im losing weight since I'm not eating or drinking, that is always a good thing, so I'm getting something out of this too. Hang in there, you will be in my prayers.