Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Desperate/Considering diet pills

I was banded 6 weeks ago this past Thursday. My family and I went on vacation for Thanksiving this year. I was thrilled, I wont be here to worry about all that food. I left Wednesday and came back today, and I cant tell you how big of a mistake it was. I weighed a minute ago and I have gained 6 pounds in 5 days. But....let me tell you what I ate....

In the 5 days:

gravy and biscuits, eggs, open faced roast beef sandwich with mashed pot. and gravy, a whole pecan pie ( 1 piece at a time) ribeye steak, hamburger, baked Beans, cole slaw, potato salad, popcorn, BBQ, fried green tomatoes, onion rings, lots of sweet tea, baked fish, virgin strawberry drink, baked chex mix, hotdog....this is just what I can remember. I ate small amounts at a time, but I kept working on it till I got it all down!!!!!!

I dont know what I am gonna do with myself....I went to te Dr before I left and since I lost since my surgery he doesnt want to even talk to me about my first fill until afteChristmas....what do I do....I cant continue like this??????

I have even considered taking some left over diet med's to knock off my appetite....what do I do?

Has anyone else had an appetite like this 6 weeks after banding?

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Since you have no fill in your band, you CAN almost the same as you did before the surgery. However, that doesn't mean you SHOULD. Call your MD's office tomorrow in the AM and tell them that you need to be see for a fill ASAP. If they say no, tell them you are at your wit's end and are contemplating taking diet pills so you NEED an appt.

Since you can't undo what is already done, get back on the healthy eating trend and set a goal to lose that 6 pounds. Once you begin to feel restriction, things will look better. Hang in there.

HI,

I have my first fill in 2 day,s and that makes it 6 weeks.

Is THAT ALL you have eaten,

And no thats not a joke.

This has been one of the hardest weeks i can ever remember.

Mark :speechles :faint:

If I had known this I guess I wouldnt have done this. I have mourned food so bad this week...I am going to try my best to go on total liquids tomorrow, but honestly I dont know if I have enough will power to do it.

Katina,

I have that kind of appetite after 6 months banding. I have the same problem you do. My band constriction is very minimal and I am able to eat more than what the considered/recommended amts are supposed to be. I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND how frustrating it can be.

I mean, why bother with surgery when you can still eat your way to a wt gain.

My surgeon refused to give me a fill also, because I had lost greater than 1/2 per week since the last fill. He won't give me a fill if I am losing 4 lbs per month. He told me last time, don't call for a fill unless you have gone 1 whole month without wt loss.

So....I am trying very hard to listen to my body's red flags...that 1st tummy signal, that says...you are full! That voice in my head that say's, only one spoonful, not two. You get the picture.

I see that you have lost 30+ lbs so far, that is actually very good.

Hang in there....you can get back on track and loose that 6 lbs. 30 lbs in 6 weeks is great.

I know..but, this feeling of no control, and the mind games I'm playing with myself is crazy. I keep thinking everyone is staring at me and will know if I have lost or gain even one pound. I have such low self esteem, I wont let myself get away with anything which is part of the reason I'm fat to begin with.

I can totally identify. We went on vacation too so that we wouldn't do the usual Thanksgiving pig out. I've been fighting it the past couple of weeks because I have no restriction. I was holding on pretty well, still losing a little. Then we went on this trip.

Since Thanksgiving I have had all kinds of food that I thought I was seriously THROUGH WITH! I still want to be thin as much as I ever have, but having been exposed to my favorite foods day after day with no restriction, I just lost it. I am certain I have gained although I am too afraid to get on the scale. Tomorrow is weigh in for September Bandsters who are participating in a Christmas challenge to lose 25 lbs. so I will have to face the music.

I am hoping that I can get another fill on Tuesday when I go to see the dietician. People keep talking about finding your "sweet spot" where you can't eat as much and don't really care that much about eating anyway. That would be glorious!

I'm sure you weren't actually physically hungry enough to eat all of that food. Don't let your mental hunger control you! You're stronger than that. Make the right food choices and keep reminding yourself of your goal and why you went through this. And start exercising! I've found that if I keep busy, I don't have time to think about food!

I was banded 6 weeks ago this past Thursday. My family and I went on vacation for Thanksiving this year. I was thrilled, I wont be here to worry about all that food. I left Wednesday and came back today, and I cant tell you how big of a mistake it was. I weighed a minute ago and I have gained 6 pounds in 5 days. But....let me tell you what I ate....

In the 5 days:

gravy and biscuits, eggs, open faced roast beef sandwich with mashed pot. and gravy, a whole pecan pie ( 1 piece at a time) ribeye steak, hamburger, baked Beans, cole slaw, potato salad, popcorn, BBQ, fried green tomatoes, onion rings, lots of sweet tea, baked fish, virgin strawberry drink, baked chex mix, hotdog....this is just what I can remember. I ate small amounts at a time, but I kept working on it till I got it all down!!!!!!

I dont know what I am gonna do with myself....I went to te Dr before I left and since I lost since my surgery he doesnt want to even talk to me about my first fill until afteChristmas....what do I do....I cant continue like this??????

I have even considered taking some left over diet med's to knock off my appetite....what do I do?

Try counting calories. it works! I lost 125 lbs. before surgery, at1200 a day. Post Op, I am between 700-900. Think about your band, don't do pills. Get back if you want sstasevich@wowway.com or give me your phone# if you want, I will try to help!!!! shirley

This is my opinion. Call your surgeon and ask for a fill. If he still refuses, then find another surgeon. You aren't restricted and the band ONLY works with proper restriction. Don't beat yourself up too badly!!!

You are in Alabama? Any good fill doctors in Al? Go to the "fill" or "US" thread and ask.

You deserve a fill. A good fill doctor/surgeon works with their patients (within reason).

Shawn

In the 5 days:

I did not get a fill until 8 weeks post op per Dr. Ortiz's recommendation. I actually gained and you might also. You will be tight after your 2nd fill for sure so don't freak out now. You may not even be very tight after the first fill. Maybe up your Protein while you can get it down easily. Example for dinner do some chicken and a salad or green Beans. Don't get upset as we all ate things that were full of calories during the post op phase.

chicken just won't go at all now so I wished I had enjoyed it more back then. Just enjoy life and you will lose soon. Try to curb what you eat but don't get too stressed until you get your fills.

Kay in St Jo Mo

Shawn,

My Dr said he has been having a lot of people calling him for a fill, I dont know if he does it or not. I'll be glad to ask him on Thursday, or I can give you the #. Send me a private message if you decide to call.

Thanks!!!