Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PRE-OP Diet: TODAY I MESSED UP, BIG HUGE MEGA TIME :-(

Today was my daughter's 6th birthday guys,

and I'm Just almost a week into my pre-op diet, and with all the stress and trying to talk and please everyone and entertain... I MESSED UP....

I had a slurp of (corona) beer, a piece of chocolate sponge cake with fresh cream, wedges, and chicken with batter on it (southern style),I didn't even think, Its like I was in fast forward speeding through all that food/carbs/sugar...

just after I downed a whole piece of chicken and was feeling super-full

my brother goes: 'Hey, are supposed to be eating ANY of this?'...

and it dawned on me...

hit me like a tonne of bricks...

slammed me in the face...

WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE...

its now 7.30 and I stopped eating at about 4pm..and the guilt is KILLING ME,

not only that but I'm so worried that I won't be able to recover from here... I only have a week and 2 days left... will my liver shrink in time if I'm hella good from here on out?

Be honest, has anyone else MASSIVELY EFFED UP like I just did today? were you ok for surgery day?

HELP

Yes I have. I am on a pre op Meal Replacement diet but it has left me feeling so fatigued and its hard to get through a day of work. I allowed my co worker to convince me that since I have been doing great it was okay if I ate once and I had a burrito from Chipotle today. It hurt my stomach and confidence so bad. I am 9 days away from being sleeved and I am starting to think I may not be able to do this.

Yes I did my last week before surgery.... I had some fried chicken and French fries for what I called the last supper..... This is not a license to do this again. . However, I got back on track for the rest of the way. Had a decent weight loss even my surgeon was surprised..... My liver was fine. That being said I would get back on track and drink tons of Water to flush your systems out ladies! You can do this!!! A you are almost there!

You are going to be fine but from here on out you need to take this diet more seriously. You have not ruined anything so you don't need to have some type of doomsday mood about the whole thing.

The most important time pre-op as far as food goes are the last 7-5 days.

Your mess up does not negate all of the hard work you have already put into your preop and will continue to put in to your preop diet. Would it have been better if you didn't mess up? I'm sure.. but it's not going to ruin everything. The only issue you may have is that you might feel a bit extra hungry during the next few days as your body grows accustomed to the preop diet again. Don't worry. You CAN do this. You are stronger than your cravings for food!

I have to do 21 days pre op diet starting this past wednesday. I also added 4 days so started last saturday. I added the days to "practice." I haven't messed up yet other than eating a salad for lunch instead of dinner. What really helped me was making motivational signs to remind me not to eat because of head hunger. I placed one sign on my fridge and one on my pantry door, since that's where I get most of my food from. I also stopped bringing junk food in. My husband likes different kinds of Snacks than myself so I wasn't tempted to eat his popcorn and pretzels. the other thing that really helps is watching youtube videos. I think i've watched almost all the vsg videos on there lol. Whether what the person says is good or bad it really helps to feel informed and get a good idea of what to expect. I also watch supersize vs superskinny. That show really helps to put eating habits into perspective. Anyways hope this helps and if you need a dieting buddy I'm always around :)

I'm not sure what pre op diet you are on but drink plenty of Water and lots of walking. I have a Dr. friend that told me that little trick and to also let the last 3 days before your surgery be Clear Liquids only. broth, water, unsweetened tea, Jello and crystal light. If you notice all doctors have different pre op diet instructions. A lot of doctors only require 1-3 days pre op so I'm sure your ok. On my 3rd day of pre op (I have 9 more days until surgery), I had a grilled breast from KFC. That's when I called my friend and asked his advice. He laughed at me but assured me I was ok.

Yes, I had some chicken fingers and fries on my 2 week pre-op diet, and no one noticed or cared. No one asked about my diet when I went in for my surgery, and the surgeon told my family it was a quick and easy surgery.

I'm not sure what pre op diet you are on but drink plenty of Water and lots of walking. I have a Dr. friend that told me that little trick and to also let the last 3 days before your surgery be clear liquids only. broth, Water, unsweetened tea, Jello and crystal light. If you notice all doctors have different pre op diet instructions. A lot of doctors only require 1-3 days pre op so I'm sure your ok. On my 3rd day of pre op (I have 9 more days until surgery), I had a grilled breast from KFC. That's when I called my friend and asked his advice. He laughed at me but assured me I was ok.

This ^ is a great tip...thank you - I'm going to do this 3 days out from surgery :-) thanks

Thanks everyone.... I still feel so full from yesterday - which is testament I guess to how focused I was prior to my daughter's birthday!!!

Anyway today I'm back on Proteins and I'm more positive... confessed to the nutritionist too on email... hopefully all will be ok - I'll find out on Monday if they care or not!

Thank you everyone for the comfort and reassurance, all of you girls are fab .... lots of love to you all... you are all an inspiration.

Back at it like a champ! Best of luck on your surgery next week!

You will be fine. I could barely finish the pre-op diet. And I really messed up because two days before my surgery I had a whopper jr and large fries. I was totally out of control but it all worked out in the end.

you'll be fine. Just know that this is a test, SO? You slipped once. At least you acknowledged it and you came here for support. On day one my mom (Thank God for mom) made me grilled chicken and salad..She served me alot of salad. i asked her why didn't she give me a cup (measured) of salad and she told me that i have to take it one day at a time. Everyday we bring down the portion more and more.

The Point is it happens. I went to TGI Fridays yesterday and SURPRISINGLY i didn't go crazy and order crazy appetizers and the biggest burger they had with extra fries (although 3 days a go i would have lol) I ordered from the rprp (right portion right price) menu and got veggies with salmon and grilled shrimp... gave the shrimp to my bf and and bought half my plate home for mom.

Today is day 6 and i am surprisingly fine... yesterday the bf bought Chinese food and i was dying to pick at it. Today my sisters God daughter bought cake from her b-day party. Looked at it reached for it and said nahhhh not worth it.

When i get hungry i look at my skinny friends fb page and imagine how good i'll look posing next to them... lol ITS OKAY!!!

Please just don't give up. We are all here to support each other and now that's more motivation for you to keep going with your diet!!!! Good Luck!!!

Today was my daughter's 6th birthday guys' date='

and I'm Just almost a week into my pre-op diet, and with all the stress and trying to talk and please everyone and entertain... I MESSED UP....

I had a slurp of (corona) beer, a piece of chocolate sponge cake with fresh cream, wedges, and chicken with batter on it (southern style),I didn't even think, Its like I was in fast forward speeding through all that food/carbs/sugar...

just after I downed a whole piece of chicken and was feeling super-full

my brother goes: 'Hey, are supposed to be eating ANY of this?'...

and it dawned on me...

hit me like a tonne of bricks...

slammed me in the face...

WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE...

its now 7.30 and I stopped eating at about 4pm..and the guilt is KILLING ME,

not only that but I'm so worried that I won't be able to recover from here... I only have a week and 2 days left... will my liver shrink in time if I'm hella good from here on out?

Be honest, has anyone else MASSIVELY EFFED UP like I just did today? were you ok for surgery day?

HELP[/quote']

I'VE BEEN MESSING UP FOR THE PAST 5 DAYS...IM GOING TO MISS COMFORT food SO BAD. JUST TRY YOUR HARDEST TO PRE PLAN AND PUT IN ORDER WHAT YOUR GOING TO BE EATING DURING THE DAY. I TOO NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH BECAUSE KNOWINGLY IM STILL MESSING UP...MY SURGERY IS ON TUESDAY...OH LORD

Is it bad, that I'm planning to cheat? My surgery is just a few days after Easter, and I don't want to let everyone know about. So, my plan is to eat a lot of salad, and then nibble at the rest. My main things to avoid are foods that are high in fat, high in carbs, and all meats.< /p>