Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm two weeks out and I've found that I was struggling with the same thing. I've literally had to remove myself from situations where my family is eating crap food bc I feel so compelled to eat it. Stuff I never ate like chips n soda seemed appealing. Just remember to remove yourself from the situation and also your insides are healing. You don want to have to go through the entire process again bc you made careless decisions.

Also once you start seeing the benefits of he weight loss and fit into your skinny jeans your relationship w food starts to change. Your no longer eating as a hobby your eating for fuel. Yesterday at my post op I wore size jeans that were two sizes smaller and I was like yes! And it clicked. I'm trying to surround myself with people who are more into fitness and active then food. Only two weeks in its hard but keep in mind why you made the decision in the first place! You can do it!

Hello, I haven't started the process as of yet. I will be going to a seminar in a couple of weeks, it's a requirement prior to seeing the physician. I love your post & it makes me feel good about my decision. It's a reminder that things will be worth it in the end and being healthy is so important.

Thank you so much

Jeannette

So Cal

I'm at 6 weeks and I wouldn't just say it's head hunger, somehow it makes it seem less serious than I feel like it is. I"m completely FIXATED on food. I'm still on a full liquid diet and It'll be another month before I'm on to soft foods and it's just wearing on me. I want to go out to eat and be like I was or at least have a couple of bites of what I used to eat and can't and I think about it all the time. When I'm not thinking of what I'm going to eat I worry about not being able to eat what I used to eat (the type not the quantity). I'm not like everyone else on this forum who plan on living on turkey slices and string cheese for the rest of my life. I have a running list in my head of the things I want to eat again!

My therapist says i'm grieving....I'd like to know what not grieving looks like.

I feel the same way! I just walked in my kitchen and started crying! I'm 6 days post-op. It sucks! It does... I don't care who you are and what it relationship is with food it is difficult. I'm having a pity party and I can cry if I want to! Lol I will be fine. But at this moment' date=' I'm struggling! Anyone know when I can add PB2 Protein powder to my chocolate shakes? I think I need to go shop for a size 6 spring outfit and know that in a month I'll be wearing it!![/quote']

Yes and post op 6 days sucks anyway you slice it. As you see results you get more motivated. Treate yourself make yourself feel beautiful!

I'm at 6 weeks and I wouldn't just say it's head hunger' date=' somehow it makes it seem less serious than I feel like it is. I"m completely FIXATED on food. I'm still on a full liquid diet and It'll be another month before I'm on to soft foods and it's just wearing on me. I want to go out to eat and be like I was or at least have a couple of bites of what I used to eat and can't and I think about it all the time. When I'm not thinking of what I'm going to eat I worry about not being able to eat what I used to eat (the type not the quantity). I'm not like everyone else on this forum who plan on living on turkey slices and string cheese for the rest of my life. I have a running list in my head of the things I want to eat again!

My therapist says i'm grieving....I'd like to know what not grieving looks like.[/quote']

I'd say give yourself rewards as you reach mile stones of things other than food. Pedicure new shirt ect. It's def hard but it also helps to use your support system I.e. a group of friends or loved ones to your advantage. You will be a le to eat your foods but in smaller portion. Make a list of your goals and why you chose the surgery. Have you reached out to others to try alternative recipes for the time being or a nutritionist?

Hello' date=' I haven't started the process as of yet. I will be going to a seminar in a couple of weeks, it's a requirement prior to seeing the physician. I love your post & it makes me feel good about my decision. It's a reminder that things will be worth it in the end and being healthy is so important.

Thank you so much

Jeannette

So Cal[/quote']

Jeanette- glad to hear it! Best of luck as you start your journey. It's the best thing I've done in my 26 yrs of life lol for myself I feel healthy and strong. It's hard no doubt but well worth it - kelly

I feel the same way! I just walked in my kitchen and started crying! I'm 6 days post-op. It sucks! It does... I don't care who you are and what it relationship is with food it is difficult. I'm having a pity party and I can cry if I want to! Lol I will be fine. But at this moment, I'm struggling! Anyone know when I can add PB2 Protein powder to my chocolate shakes? I think I need to go shop for a size 6 spring outfit and know that in a month I'll be wearing it!!

I started putting PB2 in my chocolate shakes at day 11ish, I didn't ask if I could I just did it. Seemed to go down just fine. I put 2 tablespoons in 6-8 oz shakes. I think we all go through this stage of breaking up with food, I'm pretty sure it passes, I'm only 3 weeks out so it hits me pretty hard a few times a week. But I'm so ready to get this weight off, so much so I just had 80% of my stomach removed to achieve this goal. So I better get over wanting to eat like I used to. :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for the awesome and thoughtful responses, I really appreciate you all! I keep reminding myself that I chose this surgery for a reason and that reason was to be happier, healthier, and thin! I am having a much easier time today but every day is different! I am glad to hear all of you are surviving it!

On a side note... I have been told by others that the food network actually helps, which a few of you have mentioned! I am still scared to click to that channel, but in time I think I will! For now, I'm looking ahead and picturing the day I can wear shorts and have my thighs NOT rub together... Sounds silly but that has been one of my biggest motivations, I live in AZ and it is hotttttttt in the summer!

Jeanette- glad to hear it! Best of luck as you start your journey. It's the best thing I've done in my 26 yrs of life lol for myself I feel healthy and strong. It's hard no doubt but well worth it - kelly

Thank you Kelly I really appreciate it. This Saturday I'm going to the WLS seminar it's mandatory before having a consult. I'm really excited. I'm keeping positive.

You have a wonderful day.

Jeannette :)