Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DAMN glutony filled holiday! grr....

Ok, I hate this holiday now officially. What is so damn good about stuffing yourself until you are SURE you are going to throw up??? It was very hard to enjoy the meal without feeling like everyone was watching me and praying I didn't pb...

My family doesn't know I have the band, they would be rude and unsupportive. If one more person tells me "Quit dieting for today" I am going to kill them with a turkey drumstick......grrrrr.....

Congratulations on getting though the day... now it's over and you survived. Since I worked this holiday, I had the perfect excuse NOT to indulge in any feasts.

It really does make you open your eyes and realise how much our life revolves around food doesnt it?

I'm as big an eater and as inappropriate an eater as the next person here, but I have never enjoyed stuffing myself stupid at Christmas just because its Christmas, nor do I let my hair down on holidays and guzzle 5 glasses of wine a night and coffee and cake three times a day and eat a full 3 course meal every night. It just becomes not enjoyable anymore when you're sort of "forced" into it because its a holiday or Christmas or whatever.

So I worked today so i would not have to be around food...guess what...lots of food! I tasted a bit of evrything almost...chewed and chewed, but this afternoon I took a bite of turkey i guess I did not chew very well and bot...did it hurt and feel funny! How uncomfortable,...I guess that is a s close to a PB as I have been and I don't want to go there again! I just felt so open today!!! So soon/!!!!:)

I cooked a big turkey dinner and ate about two bites and had a PB. It was sort of disgusting for the guests, but after that I could eat a little. It took me most of an hour, but I ate about 3 oz of turkey, dressing, some 5 cup salad and a French artichoke bottom stuffed with mushrooms. I even ate a thin slice of pumpkin pie. I was proud of myself since I PB a lot. I'm thinking of having an unfill because of all the PBing. But I love to cook and I made a very good Thanksgiving dinner. Tomorrow I'm making prime rib. I made that a couple of weeks ago and ate quite a lot of Protein. So I'm going to try it again. It would be nice if the cook could eat a big more, but what the hell, I like the cooking, not the eating.

Carlene -- Thanks for the info about human drano. I got some pizza stuck tonight and tried pineapple juice. It worked like a charm. I think I may lose a little more weight now. Currently, my body is eating itself since I can't eat much. The human drano should fix that. Thanks so much.

Whoa! I haven't read anything about the "human drano" and would really appreciate directions on where to go to find out about it. I do not have the restriction you're talking about, but after Tuesday I hope I will.

Thanksgiving and the weekend at a resort were hell for me. I could eat any and everything that I desired. I seriously hope I can find the "sweet spot."

Carlene referred to pineapple juice as the "human Drano" on another thread. I don't remember her exact words, or how she exactly worded it...just remember something about it. I know I will keep pineapple juice around, at least if you have to use it, it tastes ok. I have heard of people drinking meat tenderizer...YUCK!!! Pass the Pineapple Juice...Please!!!

Thanks for the reminder of that!!!

Kat

That's the first time I've heard anything positive about carbonated drinks with the band. I'm amazed! Why doesn't everyone know about this?

I don't think we are supposed to drink it, but it helps me in a pinch. On the coke drinking poll someone mentioned it, and I have been doing it ever since. Only a few sips and things are on the move again. And then my DH gets to drink the rest.

Not to be gross, but now that you mention it, it makes sense because a coke will make me burp and when I get the golf ball only a burp or two or a PB will help. So if it gets the burp up sooner, so much the better! Glad you shared that little tidbit.

I had my usual PB yesterday. I'm really getting irritated with that and will have an unfill at Christmas. But I'll try the carbonated drink idea too. I bought a whole can of pineapple juice yesterday and today I ate two pork chops, asparagus and some cottage cheese with nary a whimper. Naturally. But I'm glad to hear of these remedies since I really don't want to drink meat tenderizer. It think it might be best to tenderize the meat first, no?