Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all, I'm out of hiding...

It is so nice to see several of the old familiar faces and names still here. I can't believe how long its been since I've gotten to this site on a regular basis. I am doing good. I haven't really lost much more in the past year but I can attribute that to my great losses the first year. I felt so good and comfortable after that loss, I slacked on the rules a bit and have just maintained. About a month ago I got more motivated and have been doing 6 miles in 20 minutes on my stationary bike daily and drinking A LOT more Water (60-80 oz). I haven't seen much result from it so far but if sweating accounts for anything, I do plenty of that.

Other news... I got into my Master's program this past Aug. for being a middle and high school science and math teacher (Oregon requires a Master's for this) so needless to say I have been swamped.

I was looking in this site for that online calorie counting/ journal program that we had chatted about a couple of years ago. Alex, I think you might have actually purchased the advanced version. I can't remember for sure. Anyway can someone send me a link if they know what I am talking about. I've tried other free online programs but I have found most of those to be more confusing. Hope everyone is doing well.

not sure what program you are talking about as i am new here, not evan banded yet (dec 5th). but i do know of a GREAT free site for tracking calories/nutrients, goals, exercise etc. its called sparkpeople.com and I love it. it gives you the option of entering foods on your own if they are not on the list as well as recipes you make in your own kitchen. hope this help and happy turkey day!!!

Julie

Hey Teresa, I was just thinking about you the other day! I am happy to hear you are doing great! Happy Thanksgiving, and congrats all in one to you!

Don't be such a stranger!

John and I were just talking about you and KC the other day. Glad to see you are still around.

The program I believe you are talking about is called Fitday. Try this link. www.fitday.com If that isn't it then I am not sure of any other programs.

HUGS

It's Teressa! Hurray! So proud of you for getting your degree, excellent work missy!

And I wouldn't call it "just maintaining" when you have such stress going on, that's a definate NSV!

Woot!

I think you are thinking of www.fitday.com but there is another newer site that many people really like, http://sparkpeople.com/ too.

Congrats, and welcome back!

Hi all,

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I really tried hard not to stuff myself and was fairly successful. Hubby on the other hand HURT. Poor guy should have ate slower. LOL..

Thanks!!! It was fitday I was thinking of but funny enough I was searching around for calorie counting sights and bumped right into sparkle people. It looks like a good site and I think I am going to try it for awhile.

I have thought about all of you frequently and wonder how everyone is doing. It has been a crazy month for me. I was diagnosed with abnormal cervical cells and had to do a biopsy which led to a LEEP procedure (in which they accidently electrocuted me EEK) and now I am still recovering from that. I was diagnosed the day after my uncle died of cancer so it freaked me out big time for a few days. The doctor thinks he has gotten all of the bad cells though and so I'll have to visit him on more frequent occassions.

My best friend called a couple of weeks ago and had nuerotically decided to sell his house, leave his boyfriend and move back to Eugene. He needed to stay with us and bring his two dogs. That was hectic having 4 adults and 4 dogs in my 2 bedroom apartment (we still have a roommate). He ended up having a nervous breakdown and had to check himself in for treatment for the next month. Hopefully he gets things straightened out and thinks rationally again. All of that on top of school and work has been really hectic. I do LOVE all of my teachers in the Masters program and am having a great time with my cohorts. It is a very small group of us so we have become pretty close. Oregon requires a masters to teach middle and high school but I know many states don't require that. I was wondering if any of you knew what your states policy was for being a middle/secondary teacher? I am so glad to see all of your familiar faces and expect to see mine more frequently. Teresa

Hi, I'm Not Sure But In Texas, Some Places Will Let You Sub With Just A 4 Yr BA. My Daughter Lives In Eugene, And Will Be Hopefully Starting Her Masters In Education Also Next July. I Was Supprised That Or Required So Much Education.

Ladydi