Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good for you, Mamma! I think that the way our children turn out is about 5% genetic and 95% environmental. It is like I said earlier, I don't think my smoking has anything to do with how my children are maturing but it does have something to do with how I parent them.

And frankly, that is probably inaccurate too. The pot does not make me open-minded and sensitive to their needs....it is my open mindedness and sensitivity which draws me to using cannabis. I believe it is only a matter of time before weed is legalized in all of the states. Our laws just need to catch up to the science.

I also believe that JessicaAnn has a very valid point. Personal possession and consumption IS still illegal in many states. The desire to obey all laws and regulation is admirable. I think it comes down to risk management, common sense, and personal maturity. I've known people who abuse pot and are not good parents because of it. I know people who have smoked in their cars with their kids or who tell their kids to lie about what they see Mommy and Daddy doing. Those people suck as parents in those cases.

However, we all make daily choices about which laws we will follow or disregard. Speeding, seat belt usage, doing home repairs without a permit, reporting all of your cash income, etc... We as individuals pick and choose.

I smoke pot at night when my children are tucked in their beds. I do not smoke and drive. I do not carry it on me. I do not "party" anymore. I have a lot of work during the day and I always get my stuff done before relaxing with my bowl. I like the feeling of my mind floating around the heavens. I am more creative when I smoke. Most of my home and garden project planning happens while smoking. I too graduated with my bachelors with a 4.0 while smoking.

The worst side affect of pot is my irrational love of the Grateful Dead.

I agree with you, but some people must think we "potheads" are lazy and stupid.

I too have two children who are strait A students. One actually was skipped from 7th to 9th and when she begins 10th in August, will also be attending community college. When she graduates HS she will also have an associates degree. My daughter will have a high school diploma and an associates degree 2 months after turning 17.......She has extreme college plans once she is done with HS and her Associates. Oh and she is also in all Honors/ AP classes. Currently being homeschooled. By her pothead parents (hah)

My 7 year old is also a strait A student, and since I've been homeschooling her she has gone from at Kindergartent level to 3rd grade level. Must be all the pot huh? Shes enrolling in the Science, Arts and Technology campus in August.

Oh, and did I mention I'm a 4.0 GPA college student about to finish my undergrad and move into Grad school with highest honors?

Husband is a HEO and Foreman. His company knows he used mmj, but they don't care cause hes the best at his job, and the most efficient. When they fired/layed everyone off in Dec 2012, they kept him because they knew other companies were looking for him. We have literally had every heavy highway construction company in Colorado call offering my husband a job. Guess weed doesn't hurt him. It gave him life, cured his liver cancer. He was on an transplant list in 2008. By 2009 the doctor told him his cancer was gone, complete remission and to go live life and have fun and that he cannot take credit for "curing" my husband, that something else did. He specifically mentioned God and Cannabis.

It was only a matter of time before this thread was turned a pissing match about who is better than who based on who does and doesn't smoke pot.

I don't think anyone claimed to be better then anyone else. Just different views and opinions. I take no offense to people who disagree with me. And I hope no one took offense to my opinions.

It was only a matter of time before this thread was turned a pissing match about who is better than who based on who does and doesn't smoke pot.

Perception is reality, I don't see a pissing match anywhere? Or anyone claiming to be better then anyone.

I don't think anyone claimed to be better then anyone else. Just different views and opinions. I take no offense to people who disagree with me. And I hope no one took offense to my opinions.

I agree, I also don't see anyone claiming to be better then anyone else. I'm also not offended by your opinion. :-) perception is reality so neither you not I are responsible for the reactions and perceptions of others. :)

Getting back to the original post, can you make tea? That would alleviate the smoking/healing potential issues that some people brought up, and get your fluids in.

Tea is an option yes, but I've never really had helpful results with tea. The tinctures would be too strong right now, and I use to use edibles but thats way out of the question. I've gotten some salves but they are not helping with the internal problems.

I smoked 3 days out ' date=' helped with pain and nausea a lot , I don't like Vicodin and all that addicting ****[/quote']

Are you being facetious?

Are you being facetious?

Good question, but I sure would like to be able to medicate. I had my husband blow the at me a bit the other day and that helped, but not to the fullest extent of my Durban Poison. Or Purple star so I can go to sleep!

i am SO GLAD that someone posted this topic. i had to quit smoking weed for almost 3 months and i still had very trace amounts in my last drop, which was about two weeks ago. i should be good now.

i have a medical marijuana card and quitting was SO HARD for me and without the weed i have had a pain situation so bad i wound up in the hospital once and i had to go back to physical therapy and they gave me percocet 10 and ambien.

i can not function on percocet 10 and ambien :( also i had to quit those 2 weeks ago (my surgery is on thursday). i can function on weed.

OMG this is the question i have been SEARCHING for answers to/opinions on.

I would be more fearful of cotton mouth than anything. Pot doesn't give me the munchies either with the exception of one food - pickles. Awesome if you are on a diet except for the sodium.

I could get medicinal usage for the nugget growing in my brain, but chose to do without having two teens in the house. Good example and all that jazz...

On the coughing. I went into surgery with a fabulous chest cold and coughing sucked. That said, the nurses loved to hear it so that thy knew I was taking deep breathes and waking up my lungs.

I can barely sip Water right now and dry mouth is intolerable for me. It's like tapping my teeth with a fork. Ack!

Ask your doc! I'm sure you won't be the first.

I would be more fearful of cotton mouth than anything. Pot doesn't give me the munchies either with the exception of one food - pickles. Awesome if you are on a diet except for the sodium.

I could get medicinal usage for the nugget growing in my brain, but chose to do without having two teens in the house. Good example and all that jazz...

On the coughing. I went into surgery with a fabulous chest cold and coughing sucked. That said, the nurses loved to hear it so that thy knew I was taking deep breathes and waking up my lungs.

I can barely sip Water right now and dry mouth is intolerable for me. It's like tapping my teeth with a fork. Ack!

Ask your doc! I'm sure you won't be the first.

I have a dry mouth solution for you! With all my meds that causing "drying" in the body, my doctors told me to get Biotin gum and Biotin dry mouth rinse. I brought it to the hospital. Nurses tried to stop me, I told them f' off because I can't hardly breath with our low humidty plus dry mouth. You do not swallow it, just swish around for about 30 seconds, or gargle. It works. Get the biotin name brand. I tried generic once and it FAR from the same, nor does it work.

I too went in with a chest cold/cough. Lots of mucus. They made me breath in a tube thing for lung capacity exercise.

Anyways, dry mouth is very dangerous. I was told years ago to use the biotin and I didn't listen. I go to the dentist regularly. Well, I now have cavaties in my teeth, all near the gums. Dentist says it's from dry mouth. Now I keep biotin gum with me at all times. Plus, before surgery it stopped the need for always wanting something to eat/drink. It also taste like mint which is great for our tummy pains during healing.

I have a dry mouth solution for you! With all my meds that causing "drying" in the body' date=' my doctors told me to get Biotin gum and Biotin dry mouth rinse. I brought it to the hospital. Nurses tried to stop me, I told them f' off because I can't hardly breath with our low humidty plus dry mouth. You do not swallow it, just swish around for about 30 seconds, or gargle. It works. Get the biotin name brand. I tried generic once and it FAR from the same, nor does it work.

I too went in with a chest cold/cough. Lots of mucus. They made me breath in a tube thing for lung capacity exercise.

Anyways, dry mouth is very dangerous. I was told years ago to use the biotin and I didn't listen. I go to the dentist regularly. Well, I now have cavaties in my teeth, all near the gums. Dentist says it's from dry mouth. Now I keep biotin gum with me at all times. Plus, before surgery it stopped the need for always wanting something to eat/drink. It also taste like mint which is great for our tummy pains during healing.[/quote']

Does biotin have a weird taste? Or is it like Water? Or minty like mouth wash? My surgeon highly recommended it

LipstickLady I have been doing the deep breathing exercises and my doctor monitors me with the spirometer or whatever it's called. I was mostly concerned about how soon after I can smoke and how people have dealt with the coughing.

My doctor gave me some edibles (suckers) for after I am released from the hospital because of the cotton mouth situation and suggested that I try a vaporizer because it's better on your lungs. Which I am going to actually go look on eBay for right now :)

i am SO GLAD that someone posted this topic. i had to quit smoking weed for almost 3 months and i still had very trace amounts in my last drop, which was about two weeks ago. i should be good now.

i have a medical marijuana card and quitting was SO HARD for me and without the weed i have had a pain situation so bad i wound up in the hospital once and i had to go back to physical therapy and they gave me percocet 10 and ambien.

i can not function on percocet 10 and ambien :( also i had to quit those 2 weeks ago (my surgery is on thursday). i can function on weed.

OMG this is the question i have been SEARCHING for answers to/opinions on.

I'm going to invest in a vaporizer and try that. I know my mmj would be far more helpful then ativan, percocet, restoril and soma that the docs gave me for surgery and recovery!