Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heart poinding/slight headache/tingly limbs

I googled the heck out of this before posting because I don't want to be the woman that fills the post op forum up with all of her concerns, but I didn't find much. Some said low potassium and other non alarming things.

I woke up feeling weird this morning. Just like my had wasn't going to feel good. Got up and went into the living room and my heart felt like it was pounding. I wouldn't describe my chest as tight and I'm not having difficulty breathing. It's worse around my young children who are stressful and loud. Almost like an anxiety attack only slightly worse. I come to lay down in my room and focus on breathing and it gets better.

My fingers and feet are tingling though, almost as of they aren't getting enough blood. DANG I don't want to go back to a hospital.

What do you think? It doesn't seem to fit leak descriptions or PE descriptions but I'm taking it easy today and really watching it.

Being post op is a little bit scary. I'm praying a lot and trying not to make mountains out of mole hills but its hard.

When I had my thyroid removed the tingling fingers and toes was a serious lack of Calcium? ?

At only a week out, you think?

I can work on this skim milk I have. I haven't had any yet. I don't care for it, would much rather 2%. I have vit d/ calcium chews bit I think I should wait til a bit further out to take those, they are chewy like cold tootsie rolls.

I'll go make a shake w the milk and force it down. It seems to have chilled a bit but I'm afraid I go out where the children are. "/

Rapid heartbeat, headache and limb weakness sound like they could all be consistent with dehydration. Are you well hydrated? Do you think your blood sugar could be low?

At only a week out' date=' you think?

I can work on this skim milk I have. I haven't had any yet. I don't care for it, would much rather 2%. I have vit d/ calcium chews bit I think I should wait til a bit further out to take those, they are chewy like cold tootsie rolls.

I'll go make a shake w the milk and force it down. It seems to have chilled a bit but I'm afraid I go out where the children are. "/[/quote']

Almond milk has much less calories and twice the Calcium.< /p>

Amanda Rae

Also, at a week out, have you recently quit taking pain meds? Sometimes withdrawal from pain meds can cause some strange symptoms. If the symptoms are alarming you, it wouldn't hurt to call the doc.

Looks like it might be a reaction to the lanzoprozole.(ppi) I didnt take it as directed. I won't take any for a few days and see if the symptoms go away.

Oh Amanda, I forgot that about the unsweetened almond milk having so much more Calcium. Maybe I'll get to the store today and get some. This skim milk is for the birds!!

I'm getting about 45 oz of fluids and I've been watching my urine and its never gotten dark. That's good, right? I'm pretty sure I can't squeeze more in.

post-220921-1381313820177_thumb.jpg

post-226326-13813138202041_thumb.jpg

Looks like it might be a reaction to the lanzoprozole.(ppi) I didnt take it as directed. I won't take any for a few days and see if the symptoms go away.

Oh Amanda' date=' I forgot that about the unsweetened almond milk having so much more Calcium. Maybe I'll get to the store today and get some. This skim milk is for the birds!!

I'm getting about 45 oz of fluids and I've been watching my urine and its never gotten dark. That's good, right? I'm pretty sure I can't squeeze more in.

[/quote']

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate Splendor is really good with the Silk Unsweetened vanilla Almond. I approve.

Amanda Rae

I googled the heck out of this before posting because I don't want to be the woman that fills the post op forum up with all of her concerns' date=' but I didn't find much. Some said low potassium and other non alarming things.

I woke up feeling weird this morning. Just like my had wasn't going to feel good. Got up and went into the living room and my heart felt like it was pounding. I wouldn't describe my chest as tight and I'm not having difficulty breathing. It's worse around my young children who are stressful and loud. Almost like an anxiety attack only slightly worse. I come to lay down in my room and focus on breathing and it gets better.

My fingers and feet are tingling though, almost as of they aren't getting enough blood. DANG I don't want to go back to a hospital.

What do you think? It doesn't seem to fit leak descriptions or PE descriptions but I'm taking it easy today and really watching it.[/quote']

While in the Army the cure all was Water. Drink more Water its possibly dehydration. I saw you said 45 ounces after I posted my answer. It's water. I'm a week out and feeling the same.

This is really scary. If I was you, I would call your bariatric surgeon and speak with the attending physician on call. This could be a really serious situation and drink some G2 Gatorade to stay hydrated..... Let us know how your doing later too. Very concerned for your health.

Call your doc please none of us can give u medical advise but your doctor. Surgery is no joke, bc u are a few days post op take only advise from your doc this is a critical time things can happen quickly. Good luck.

Powerade Zero or Smartwater are good choices.

Amanda Rae

Dr. Says probably hypoglycemia. Says to make sire that what I'm drinking is NOT sugar free and to have an oz of OJ when this comes in. Says if it doesn't fix it, I please go to the er and keep him updated.

Thanks for the love, all. I don't have oj just yet, but have dh getting some. I had bought tiny 4 oz boxes of fruit punch FOR hypoglycemia an it did seem to help. Time will tell.

UNFORTUNATELY, it did not cute my grouchies. Lol

Mama wants a cookie too guys. Or tuna salad even. Can't WAIT for purées.

Here are the symptoms of hypoglycemia. Fits the bill.

post-27342-13813663732439_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to start a "juice feast" not to be confused w a fast.(at home, in my juicer with lots of dark leafy greens) I believe god made food can heal me better and go e me more energy than man made foods. And plant Protein is more easily absorbed than met Protein anyway, so I believe we need less of it. I'm going to see how I feel on this for 3 days.

Tomorrow if I sill have these symptoms and still feel worried, I'll er it.